What's new

$20,000 POT BONUS FROM WB FOR MK9 TOP at EVO 2012!!

Maxter

Noob
fuck this game...and this thread.

see you at evo.

this game needs help. that's all i'm going to say. I don't give a shit about $20, 000 from a company that can't even make a good fighting game. -__-

accept it or not. i honestly can care less.

I strongly dislike LOSING to fucking gimmicks and random bugs/glitches (not to mention the most retarded match ups EVER). when I should be losing to the player 100% of the time. smh.
I never lose to any of these you are talking about Digimon, if people lost to random shet like you talking about, you wouldn't see consistency amongst the highest level players placing high at tournaments, this is irrelevant what you are talking about, if you don't like the game the way it is just quit it, i know you still love it and wanna see changes as many of us, but we the players don't blame our loses on these issues you are addressing, and if there are ridiculous match-ups we have the right to choose different characters, come on digimon you are a cool guy, stop the hating posts, don't ruin yourself

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The consistency of results and small group of elite players is a sign this is a good game not that most tournament players are scrubs.

lmao.. hilarious..

and Treadmill , it depends on the number of entrants at Evo $10 entry fee per person.. so if its like 500 like last year thats 5 grand..
Thanks, that makes sense.

AU_IM_DIGIMON I think you meant "I couldn't care less" as "I could care less" implies you care at least some, and possibly more than anyone else. Sorry your quitting and all but I'm sure you'll have fun with Naruto, or pokemon, or whatever the you play that features chesty women with cat ears.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

The consistency of results and small group of elite players is a sign this is a good game not that most tournament players are scrubs.
Holy shit somebody gets it.

First time checking this forum today and it look like somebody took a shit everywhere. What is this capcom talk? People hate things they don't like. Is it really that hard to understand? Its not a capcom thing, or a Japanese vs Western thing. I couldn't give two fucks about where the game is made as long as its good. You know how you deal with it? You show them whats good, if they still hate you move on. Holy shit what a brand new concept.

Also before anybody says anything about Capcom and how everybody "loves" them. I guess nobody remembers the hate for HDR, SF4, 3s or MvC3 within the capcom community? Seriously lets just stop with the comparison of other fighters in regards to "what somebody outside our group thinks of us".

And you guys act like MK gets the worse of it. Have you heard of a game called Arcana Hearts and Melty Blood? Thank you

Regarding how MK looks to the mainstream. You fucking deal with it and move on. You don't worry about shit that may or may not affect things. MvC2 had guard breaks, infinites, invincible assist, cable AHVB, strider/doom, sprial and more. You know what happened at the end of the day? The community brought the hype and the game is considered one of the best fighting games ever created. So really you either nut up or shut up, because at the end of the day its either you play or you don't.

R00KI30FTH3Y3AR

(S)teel (V)alley (K)ombat
Yup....gonna stick to that Halo hiatus I been on...carry on TYM, carry on...

On a more serious note, and in return to good form, I'm really excited to hear about NRS and WB stepping their support up for the game in tournament venue. It speaks volumes about where the game's been, but more importantly, where it's about to go from here. I look forward to seeing what the future has in store for you, MK. :D

As for patches and hotfixes go, they have improved the game and made it worst as well. For example, taking away cyrax command grab to bomb reset led to people discovering the buzzsaw reset then the resets that are used now. Nerfing raiden eliminated alot of complaints about him, but made him way worse in the process. Overall, the only things that need patches are things like kabal's block infinite he had, or lao's dive kick combos he had at the beginning. If they aren't ridiculous like those two things, THEY DON'T NEED PATCHING :).

also cyrax's resets/ smoke's reset aren't very easy to get off in high level play, it's not like the net is an unblockable that you can't block, it can be blocked/jumped over and punished accordingly. Smoke's reset takes very precise timing, leading to people not getting his reset done on people 100% of the time. Basically, deal with it or drop the game, simple as that.

I swear to god I wasn't gonna post in this shit any more. But this...

-__-

Tell me, which random bugs/glitches are you losing to? There are only 2 inconsistencies I see with this game

1. Input bug
2. 'Random' frame advantage, (but I'm sure theres a reason for this, probably for the input bug too)
3. Variable frames coming OUT OF block (when you release block)
4. Random fucking trades (that player one shit is bullshit IDGAF)
4 RANDOM fucking things that shouldn't even be. I'm trying to play the game at maximum speed, at my best potential, or block/poke out of pressure...and when all of these STUPID ASPECTS of the game kick it...

...yeah that's clearly what I donated my tournament monies for right?

You pick Sheeva and Jade right? As well as KL.
That was just at one tournament. PowerUp, yes I used those characters. Also Quan. And you're point is....

In all honesty, atm you're not a top player but to my understanding you dont play this game as your first right?
I never claimed to be a top player. And NO! MK9 was my primary fighting game on release. I supported this clusterfuck from day one (even DEFENDED IT AS A GOOD GAME...my mistake).

I guess you can say I'm in the process of moving on to Soul Calibur V.

Because I'm seriously having a hard time accepting the game for what it is. To be completely honest.

So how are you gonna be able to tell us that this game has absolutely retarded matchups when you dont play your characters to their fullest potential.
I'm not even gonna say anything here... SMH -__-

Since no one recognizes that I've mained Sheeva SINCE VANILLA! And actually played her in EVERY TOURNAMENT I EVER ENTERED. And that INCLUDES EVO 2011 (where I didn't even go 0-2).

But since I'm not Mr. Mileena or CDwhoever...I'm irrelevant right?

Whereas Boysx3 did with Sheeva & Jade, dunno where hes gone though.
When BoysX3 leave his fucking house, you let me know. I'm so tired of being compared to him. I've placed at TWO MK tournaments Top 8 and clearly no one gives a shit. Boys writes a strategy guide or two and plays on LIVE....and he's the memorable Sheeva. *rolleyes*

UFG does with KL and arguably with Jade and Sheeva too.
Que???

Most things that people call 'random' in this game are actually consistent when you look at them PROPERLY
How many excuses are people gonna make for this game when people point out its FLAWS and ask for them to be made right?

Do I have to say all the nice things about this game, so I can risk the DUMB SHIT about this game NEVER getting fixed?

Clearly I care...or else I wouldn't waste my time complaining about a game I want to enjoy.

-_-

Altaire

Noob
I was completely aware they would not be funded to go to Evo by the US players, obviously this was a joke. That joke has a reason to it but let's not go deeper regarding that at this very time. Maybe at SVB I'll tell ya the entire deal.

We pretty much have established something rather "solid" ourselves since most of us have been playing since the demo, long enough I'd say. We're just not hyping it up / blowing it out of proportion. But yes you can be pretty sure that I and other Europeans do attend events.

Now for some reason I get the idea that the rest of Europe is but a shadow of UK and that we're supposed to blow up an event to showcase our skills. Well, tell you what ... The videos of such events are online, the next event is this coming may on the 26th. But I will not hype it up just to show that there are mutual / better players than the British over here at our side of Europe.

And that is all I have to say regarding that, perhaps I will see you at SVB.
I'll do you a courtesy before I start ripping into you: What have you done in Europe that would put you anywhere near Foxy or Glue's level?

P.S. I'm chipping in a sizable portion to the Foxy and Glue fund, just for the record.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
When I first seen this I was like OH SHIT!! Then I just looked at it this for a while. This is great. Can I get top 8 at evo again? Or was it all a fluke? There is only one way to find out Evo 2012!! LETS GO!!!! MORTAL KOMBAT!!

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I surely do Havik. SCIV is a PRIME EXAMPLE. And EVO 2k4 with SCII and Mick and RTD was a LOT WORSE!!!

Soul Calibur was almost NEVER allowed back at EVO.

Thank god SCV is a much better game, than ALL the games mentioned in my post here.
What happen at EVO 2k4 with SC2?