What's new

Tech Zooms Official Flash Tech Thread(3/24/2014)

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I spy a proxy.

But nonetheless, watching all, some useful stuff. First video interests me, might be possible with arrow, gonna test that out.
lol did muffin ignore me?

Reactions: 7L

Goldi

Noob
Whoa this is not ok..

The hostility is kinda uncalled for, be happy you're not in a dead or troll infected forum and enjoy the discussion.. Or ignore it and look at other threads, but personal shots are not ok on TYM.

I'm going to clean this thread and start pointing for trolling and flaming... Play nice.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Whoa this is not ok..

The hostility is kinda uncalled for, be happy you're not in a dead or troll infected forum and enjoy the discussion.. Or ignore it and look at other threads, but personal shots are not ok on TYM.

I'm going to clean this thread and start pointing for trolling and flaming... Play nice.
I'm drunk, so delete anything I said if it was offensive. APRELZ FOOLZ, BRO.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
To be productive, does anyone do the b22 rmsc f3 cross up? This leads into a good 50/50 if people are respectable and don't wake up? I know this isn't something new, but i'm drunk and want to know if you speed force fuck heads do this.

My oh my.
You sir, have just completed the flash ambigious set ups. Very nice bro. Good stuff. Looks like this tech is complete.
@n-megabyte

Ok, try this on for size. Another setup that leads to JI3 setup or sth else to your liking.
f23 mbsp (crossup) d2 f3 foward dash d2 at this point, it's a quick stand. We can decide if we want to do a crossup or non crossup ji3 from here. An immediate d2 after the forward dash leaves the opponent close enough for a crossup ji3 then your usual stuff. BTW, the opponent is also in the proximity of f3. So, use your imagination here on out. On the other hand, a not so immediate d2 leaves the opponent facing a non cross ji3. That is all for now, I'll be lurking.

ZOOM

Noob
@n-megabyte

Ok, try this on for size. Another setup that leads to JI3 setup or sth else to your liking.
f23 mbsp (crossup) d2 f3 foward dash d2 at this point, it's a quick stand. We can decide if we want to do a crossup or non crossup ji3 from here. An immediate d2 after the forward dash leaves the opponent close enough for a crossup ji3 then your usual stuff. BTW, the opponent is also in the proximity of f3. So, use your imagination here on out. On the other hand, a not so immediate d2 leaves the opponent facing a non cross ji3. That is all for now, I'll be lurking.
Ive got some new variations of it as well i will post it in a little while,have a docs appointment then I will surely post afterwards.

ZOOM

Noob
I spy a proxy.

But nonetheless, watching all, some useful stuff. First video interests me, might be possible with arrow, gonna test that out.
Just some general info, every character in the game has quick stand set ups. Arrows d2 is a bit slow but general rule thumb.. You need 4-5 juggles in a combo to make quick stands, and end in uppercuts

Last edited:

ZOOM

Noob
Im telling you guys, Muggers is the real deal. Don't believe me, play him in a friendly set.
Ive asked people to do friendly sets seems noones up to it.

But what it comes down to for people is that personal actions are overshadowed by game skill, which even sounds ridiculous.

Some people should play me in a set, catnip her0 can stream it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Why does muffin muggers keep getting chances on tym
Because, apparently, we should all be going around making troll threads, me impersonating ragnarokz again and all that good shit, bet I won't get banned!
Ive asked people to do friendly sets seems noones up to it.

But what it comes down to for people is that personal actions are overshadowed by game skill, which even sounds ridiculous.

Some people should play me in a set, catnip her0 can stream it.
Because noone likes someone who lies about sets. I remember the Rico situation, playing with you is not Rico-mmended.

And it would be good to be caught online vs flash, in a koth, with someone streaming. Lol, god damn.

7L

Heads up!
Just some general info, every character in the game has quick stand set ups. Arrows d2 is a bit slow but general rule thumb.. You need 4-5 juggles in a combo to make quick stands, and end in uppercuts
Meant the dash part to punish batman.

ZOOM

Noob
Meant the dash part to punish batman.
It actually doesn't work for most of the cast. I don't know, try it. If you cant dash, you can jump over the explosion meaning...
you might be able to freeze arrow jump it.. and put him in that fear of ice arrows. get my drift?

Zyphox

Whoa this is not ok..

hostility is the repercussion for months of lies, personal shots, etc from him. i do apologize however for wanting to expose him rather than take it to PM which he won't answer to anyway. i challenged him to a MM after that essay he rights about being better when he clearly hasn't proven to the slightest. you have to realize its just sooooo hard to take anything Mr muffin says seriously, even this tech, and ever since i got 3rd I've been wanting him to hold that for the longest but he would never say anything about it. i guess i just have to let go of this grudge and shouldn't display it publicly on a forum.

@KHAOTIC ZOOM if you are willing to say that you are or have held "that" for any amount of time i'm willing to forget about all this and let you be you or whatever. you did say i won't ever make a top 8 and that am the 5th best flash.

Zyphox

@n-megabyte

the problem with quick stand like this midscreen is that you have just given your opponent so much time to react to your jump, now they can trip guard, anti air, even air to air you at this point as well as dash under etc. it may work once in a match, but in high level play it won't work more than once if it worked at all. i did a similar thing against fran in casuals, first time i did it i got dash under and f23. not trying to discredit tech but when i come up with tech i do it against myself in training mode and think of all the possibilities of how they can counter it and how would a high level player blow it up. thats also why i deemed a lot of the tech muffin posted as gimmicks because it won't work twice in a match on a high level player OFFLINE.

the problem with quick stand like this midscreen is that you have just given your opponent so much time to react to your jump, now they can trip guard, anti air, even air to air you at this point as well as dash under etc. it may work once in a match, but in high level play it won't work more than once if it worked at all. i did a similar thing against fran in casuals, first time i did it i got dash under and f23. not trying to discredit tech but when i come up with tech i do it against myself in training mode and think of all the possibilities of how they can counter it and how would a high level player blow it up. thats also why i deemed a lot of the tech muffin posted as gimmicks because it won't work twice in a match on a high level player OFFLINE.
Now this is something I'm thankful for this community. I knew I was too much of a rookie to do this kind of stuff, I was in a moment of excitement and wanting to share the experience. I get your point loud and clear. It really wasn't a tech and I now realize the differences between tech for high level play n lets just say entry level "tech". Anyways, thank you very much for this, @Zyphox. I'm looking forward to see the ways you incorporate RMS on future stream. And I do hope this "beef" between you and zoom can be solved in peaceful manners. Much respect to all of you.

Goldi

Noob
hostility is the repercussion for months of lies, personal shots, etc from him. i do apologize however for wanting to expose him rather than take it to PM which he won't answer to anyway. i challenged him to a MM after that essay he rights about being better when he clearly hasn't proven to the slightest. you have to realize its just sooooo hard to take anything Mr muffin says seriously, even this tech, and ever since i got 3rd I've been wanting him to hold that for the longest but he would never say anything about it. i guess i just have to let go of this grudge and shouldn't display it publicly on a forum.

@KHAOTIC ZOOM if you are willing to say that you are or have held "that" for any amount of time i'm willing to forget about all this and let you be you or whatever. you did say i won't ever make a top 8 and that am the 5th best flash.
I understand there's history, but a casual observer, new to TYM poster wouldn't. And that's all I'm thinking of when I clean up threads, I'm neutral.

I am a fan of playing out grudges though, and look forward to watching you two go at it someday, just arrange it civil like or in PMs ;)

ZOOM

Noob
I never stated about using these techs everytime. Once in a while, Gimmicks are good. The Jump over 1 i don't use that much.

but the dash under after D2 into F2? its great because even if they roll they're eating it on block. it's just another option added to to the set up itsself. Knowing ones options in set ups is what can make a a character dangerous, not just doing the same old routine and letting them react. No, Make them guess whether online or offline. Your logic is flawed in a way. Watch people who place top 8 more closely, there's plenty of gimmicks that go around.

Also, you do realize(im assuming F23 is superman) that's characters specific? not everyone has an 8 Frame footsie that reaches out. That's just bogus. Some characters can't anything actually. Anyways, it's just adding options, doesn't mean its reccomended. And no, Most of the set ups are not gimmicks. they're legit. And I can prove them with videos. I've disected each and every single one of those set ups.

And I have my fair share of offline at Peabody's weekly casual, but sadly it's been postponed for a month straight now and i don't know what's going on. Something must have happened to the EO. All of my set-ups do just fine offline at the "high level play." You just have to know when to go for such things.

Last edited:

Zyphox

I never stated about using these techs everytime. Once in a while, Gimmicks are good. The Jump over 1 i don't use that much.

but the dash under after D2 into F2? its great because even if they roll they're eating it on block. it's just another option added to to the set up itsself. Knowing ones options in set ups is what can make a a character dangerous, not just doing the same old routine and letting them react. No, Make them guess whether online or offline. Your logic is flawed in a way. Watch people who place top 8 more closely, there's plenty of gimmicks that go around.

Also, you do realize(im assuming F23 is superman) that's characters specific? not everyone has an 8 Frame footsie that reaches out. That's just bogus. Some characters can't anything actually. Anyways, it's just adding options, doesn't mean its reccomended. And no, Most of the set ups are not gimmicks. they're legit. And I can prove them with videos. I've disected each and every single one of those set ups.

And I have my fair share of offline at Peabody's weekly casual, but sadly it's been postponed for a month straight now and i don't know what's going on. Something must have happened to the EO. All of my set-ups do just fine offline at the "high level play." You just have to know when to go for such things.
High level play against who?