What's new

Zod Patch Notes

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
what is this glitch reset u speak of o.o

also if d12 can't be used for trait, what can?

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
No hard knockdown on d1 and d1,2 isn't a big thing. Just use 123 or sweep.
Use sweep, activate trait and get punished. Not a good idea. 123 is alright, but you can't apply pressure as they wake up from it after activating trait. Here is a video showing why the hard knock down nerfs affect my game play quite a lot, and also why I think the nerfs limits Zod's use of trait a lot. With hard knock down you can set up pressure with trait, but after the nerf, Zod will have to activate trait in a non-momentum situation and therefor have to work just to get in to a position to pressure with the trait:

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Use sweep, activate trait and get punished. Not a good idea. 123 is alright, but you can't apply pressure as they wake up from it after activating trait. Here is a video showing why the hard knock down nerfs affect my game play quite a lot, and also why I think the nerfs limits Zod's use of trait a lot. With hard knock down you can set up pressure with trait, but after the nerf, Zod will have to activate trait in a non-momentum situation and therefor have to work just to get in to a position to pressure with the trait:

Do it during a bounce period like 12 in the air or something. Or when they are in a juggle from air Zod Balls. Or MB Phantom Strike

SimSim

Do it during a bounce period like 12 in the air or something. Or when they are in a juggle from air Zod Balls. Or MB Phantom Strike
During bounce is way too little advantage for a meaty MB laser for example. Same with MB PS. Juggle from Zod balls can work, but only outside of combos, so it's not the pressure situation I am talking about. Getting trait out safe is a piece of cake. I am just saying that Zod is way more limited with his trait activation pressure because of hard knock down being removed.

Edit: I feel like it makes Zod limited and can describe it with this comparison: Kind of like if Batman didn't have any strings that made it possible to follow up with bats and still be able to pressure.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

During bounce is way too little advantage for a meaty MB laser for example. Same with MB PS. Juggle from Zod balls can work, but only outside of combos, so it's not the pressure situation I am talking about. Getting trait out safe is a piece of cake. I am just saying that Zod is way more limited with his trait activation pressure because hard knock down being removed.
I wouldn't say that's a big issue though. He can't do meaty MB laser, but trait itself being out provides all the pressure you need to keep the match in your favor. I mean, we still have charge laser fakeouts and 123 trait jump ins.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Ive been using 123 so I think it will be still good.

Let the mind games begin. When you do 123, trait, laser, dont MB laser yet... confirm then if they jump, dash cancel the laser then grab or swipe then grab.

SimSim

I wouldn't say that's a big issue though. He can't do meaty MB laser, but trait itself being out provides all the pressure you need to keep the match in your favor. I mean, we still have charge laser fakeouts and 123 trait jump ins.
The thing is: the opponent can just dash in an avoid the trait completely because of the cool down and because the trait moves slowly. Now it won't glitch out, so that is an improvement, but you can't discourage mindless rushdown on Zod after trait activation because of the cool down (Unless you activate it from far away in a proper situation). What do you mean by 123 trat jump ins? The opponent recovers fast enough to hold up and hit you with an air attack/d2 you/backdash/forward dash before the trait is able to attack or before you are in his face with your jump in.

SimSim

Ive been using 123 so I think it will be still good.

Let the mind games begin. When you do 123, trait, laser, dont MB laser yet... confirm then if they jump, dash cancel the laser then grab or swipe then grab.
I agree that your mind game is pretty good, but they can just dash up to you and pressure though.

Marcus

I agree that your mind game is pretty good, but they can just dash up to you and pressure though.

Hmm havent tested it yet...but backdash cancel the laser charge then trait grab? I think with 123 trait setup everything you do after will be based on reaction.

1234 xx laser charge - (if they jump) dash cancel the laser then trait grab
1234 xx laser charge - (if they dash fwd) backdash cancel then trait grab
1234 xx laser charge - (not blocking low) mb laser to trait grab
1234 xx laser charge - (blocking low) dash cancel to trait grab

SimSim

Hmm havent tested it yet...but backdash cancel the laser charge then trait grab? I think with 123 trait setup everything you do after will be based on reaction.
Most Zod's won't have a problem with d1 and d12 losing HK because they haven't used it and haven't been pressured after activating 123 trait. I have used them a lot and know how much mileage I get from them, and I have seen how people have been dashing/attacking through attempts at activating trait after 123. The trait will still be very good, but Zod is limited to mix ups from far or to work his way in with the little time he has to gain an advantageous situation where the trait is fully active and ready to slash/grab.

Marcus

Most Zod's won't have a problem with d1 and d12 losing HK because they haven't used it and haven't been pressured after activating 123 trait. I have used them a lot and know how much mileage I get from them, and I have seen how people have been dashing/attacking through attempts at activating trait after 123. The trait will still be very good, but Zod is limited to mix ups from far or to work his way in with the little time he has to gain an advantageous situation where the triat is fully active and ready to slash/grab.

I get what you mean. after listing all the possible reactions after 1234, d1 and d12 is way way better than 123. lol

SimSim

If they do that, Bite is the world's greatest trade
They have time to dash up and d1/grab you before trait can grab (Might not apply to all forward dashes)

Also Marcus: if they dash forward and you back dash cancel your laser, they can still hit you before the trait grab comes out. Don't get me wrong though, I will use 123 xx trait post patch, but I just hate knowing that what I am using is not fool proof, but relying on the inexperience of the other player:p

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Obviously don't activate trait after a sweep, use a sweep in the corner and 123 midscreen.

You can always apply pressure when you have trait out, especially when at the perfect range of 123. Zod has a 50/50 in that instance, that's all the pressure you need. That video basically shows that all those things can be done from 123, so it isn't a big deal.

SimSim

Obviously don't activate trait after a sweep, use a sweep in the corner and 123 midscreen.

You can always apply pressure when you have trait out, especially when at the perfect range of 123. Zod has a 50/50 in that instance, that's all the pressure you need. That video basically shows that all those things can be done from 123, so it isn't a big deal.
I just spent my last posts explaining a lot of stuff that you just ignored. Also in the corner you end with 123 for a free reverse wake up.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I just spent my last posts explaining a lot of stuff that you just ignored. Also in the corner you end with 123 for a free reverse wake up.
You basically put forward that if you do 123 then they can dash into your face. If you're letting people get up from that string and dash into you then I don't know what to tell you, punish them for it. Having trait out isn't all about hitting buttons as soon as you can.

SimSim

You basically put forward that if you do 123 then they can dash into your face. If you're letting people get up from that string and dash into you then I don't know what to tell you, punish them for it. Having trait out isn't all about hitting buttons as soon as you can.
You don't seem to understand what I am getting at at all. It is not about weather you are able to defend against someone dashing in to your face, but about how much Zod loses with the d1 and d12 nerf. Sure you can react to the forward dash after 123 xx trait, but you can't pressure their wake up to avoid it. Therefor you have to respect the forward dash option and not apply trait pressure oki. This is a huge limitation compared to d1 and d12 ender, and that is what I am trying to put forward. 123 xx trait is still a safe option to get trait out, but it's not in the same league as d12 and d1 in the pressure department.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
You don't seem to understand what I am getting at at all. It is not about weather you are able to defend against someone dashing in to your face, but about how much Zod loses with the d1 and d12 nerf. Sure you can react to the forward dash after 123 xx trait, but you can't pressure their wake up to avoid it. Therefor you have to respect the forward dash option and not apply trait pressure oki. This is a huge limitation compared to d1 and d12 ender, and that is what I am trying to put forward. 123 xx trait is still a safe option to get trait out, but it's not in the same league as d12 and d1 in the pressure department.
It's not that big a limitation really, there is one slight variable now and that is if the opponent dashes, but the ball is still in Zods court, it really doesn't change that much at all.

SimSim

It's not that big a limitation really, there is one slight variable now and that is if the opponent dashes, but the ball is still in Zods court, it really doesn't change that much at all.
Where mb laser would shut down wake up attacks, jumps and dashes it will not anymore. To me that is a big limitation. This is all my opinion though, and by no means am I saying Zod will suffer a lot from this. I will just play more defensive.

Also, here is another mix up trait reset for when out trait grab will scale our combos to hell (Yes I am a hypocrite for using 123 xx trait ender):

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Where mb laser would shut down wake up attacks, jumps and dashes it will not anymore. To me that is a big limitation. This is all my opinion though, and by no means am I saying Zod will suffer a lot from this. I will just play more defensive.

Also, here is another mix up trait reset for when out trait grab will scale our combos to hell (Yes I am a hypocrite for using 123 xx trait ender):
If you like playing defensive, you should invest more in PS. Traiting afterward may not lead to something they can't deal with like MB Laser, but with trait out, they HAVE to eat that laser mixup really. Every option they may take out of this, while not a wrong decision, is almost always a bad decision. The difference? Superman waking up with Super from cross screen is a bad decision, even if it is a smart move. Sinestro or Aquaman opening up with projectile is a bad decision with trait out since I can just not do Laser and grab them instead. It's kind of the same principles with wakeups and the whatnot

SimSim

If you like playing defensive, you should invest more in PS. Traiting afterward may not lead to something they can't deal with like MB Laser, but with trait out, they HAVE to eat that laser mixup really. Every option they may take out of this, while not a wrong decision, is almost always a bad decision. The difference? Superman waking up with Super from cross screen is a bad decision, even if it is a smart move. Sinestro or Aquaman opening up with projectile is a bad decision with trait out since I can just not do Laser and grab them instead. It's kind of the same principles with wakeups and the whatnot
Yea MB PS is a good option for defensive play!:)

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I don't know if someone already post this because I'm too lazy to read but, colt said flame carpet glitch was already fixed a while ago.