What's new

Match-up Discussion ZOD MU CHART -Relaxedstate

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Nothing has changed in the match up, but the score was 50:30.

I start out-footsing you with standing 3, which is not a good sign for you when m2dave starts beating you in footsies. You then start jumping like a bunny Wound Cowboy and Playing To Win style and I cannot consistently anti air you online.
You talk about yourself in third person? The Flash God Lord is surprised.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The most recent set we had was something like 50-30. Evo was a very long time ago. You can't base MUs off of only that. A lot has changed since then. I play relaxed more than any other zod and he agrees with me.

If you or @Pig Of The Hut want to play me, feel free.
Yea true but to say I couldn't have grown in a MU in 7 months is kinda bad thinking.

That was the first set out of 3 or 4 u won so where as you shined in last set don't think I didn't go back and rework it

Also I'm in agreement it COULD be 6-4 . Could but just holding out a little on it

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Yea true but to say I couldn't have grown in a MU in 7 months is kinda bad thinking.

That was the first set out of 3 or 4 u won so where as you shined in last set don't think I didn't go back and rework it

Also I'm in agreement it COULD be 6-4 . Could but just holding out a little on it
Are you referring to the offline set we had in your hotel room? I'm not basing the MU off of only that. I'm sure you learned a lot which is why I've been asking you for games so much. I wanna see how it goes since we haven't played for so long.

Pig Of The Hut

Are you referring to the offline set we had in your hotel room? I'm not basing the MU off of only that. I'm sure you learned a lot which is why I've been asking you for games so much. I wanna see how it goes since we haven't played for so long.
Yea I haven't played a great flash since

......yep since you at Evo lol . Shit

Also yea I think u beat me like 50-30 ratio there which is why I thought u were talkig about us not u and Dave . Hopefully we can play soon, I'll get wrecked first 8-10 games to remember MU but play me a lot when we do

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Yea I haven't played a great flash since

......yep since you at Evo lol . Shit

Also yea I think u beat me like 50-30 ratio there which is why I thought u were talkig about us not u and Dave . Hopefully we can play soon, I'll get wrecked first 8-10 games to remember MU but play me a lot when we do
Oh lol yeah the 50-30 score was me against Dave maybe a month or so ago. Just let me know when you want games and I'll make time.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
dude all you have to do is run away and wait for trait... once you get trait get slow balls out and he can't zone with you if you have meter.. you can start usuing charged lasers mb laser.. and more zod balls to keep him out... pistols are underused also vs him because you can use them to anti-dash.
I could be totally wrong here so please point it out if I am. I'm going off match experience from moths ago.

When it comes to this match it's about getting in with GA. If zod shoots a slow ball arrow can fire an arrow to force zod into reacting which in turn lets arrow jump the slow ball and move in . If zod shoots a fast I believe arrow can jump it (very hard to do online and is a critical aspect of the match imo, can't really tell if it's a slow or fast ball on time online) without having to worry about eye laser. This opens up arrows options from a distance somewhat and can also help prevent zod from traiting. Still imo I think arrow's best bet is up close.

Not super detailed but I'm going off memory here.

Pig Of The Hut

Any chance of travelling out to WC tournaments like NWM, SCR, or NCR?
Scr has a chance and I always go outta my way to try to attend scr

So far MWC comboBreaker CEO Evo are definite

Scr would be next pick for me to try to get off work to go

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
Flash is one of the only MUs for Zod where IAFB doesn't help him. If anything, it hurts him because well timed LC or RMSxx3 will let me punish him for using them. I can also RMS under them at any point.

Zod's trait doesn't do much for Zod in terms of mixups. Zod should only use his trait to get free chip damage or a free interactable. Every time I block a trait swipe, I get a free Dash in, a free LC, a free Flying Uppercut or D2 so if Zod uses his trait and tries to dash in at me while swiping, I can just LC him for a full combo or D2 or whatever. Sometimes, if he swipes at me with the trait and tries to throw an interactable at me, I can do a forward dash into a FU to not only avoid the interactable, but get a 50%+ punish with my own trait. If zod ever goes for his OH trait grab within my LC distance and I block it, I get a full combo punish. If he goes for it within my B2 distance and I block it, I get a 61%+ combo punish.

Even though my B22 whiffs on zod (and only zod) I can stagger the B2 and bait him to whiff punish me with a D12 and just whiff punish him afterwards. And if he knows I'm going for that, he can hold my B2 pressure because my normals have better range and frame advantage over his.

A lot of his normals into MB laser on block can either be jump out of or interrupted with my FU so it can be hard for him to apply pressure.

A lot of instances where he could pop a free trait don't apply against Flash. After he does a close MB laser on block, I could do a LC to beat his trait call. So he has to respect that. After he hits me with a gunshot, he normally would get a free trait call but I can beat it with a LC. After a clash that sends me full screen, he normally gets a free trait call but I could do a forward dash into LC to beat that too. There's other instances as well.

There's other things to the MU but those are some key points. Every zod I face I beat convincingly in long sets. I'm convinced Flash has the tools to put the MU in his favor.
That elseworld costume has a smaller hitbox which allows flash to go under zoning. That mu is definitely 5-5 if not more in zod's favor.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
That elseworld costume has a smaller hitbox which allows flash to go under zoning. That mu is definitely 5-5 if not more in zod's favor.
How useful are instant aerial Zod balls versus The Flash?

I personally believe iaZBs are useful against all characters when used properly just like Kabal's iaGBs in Mortal Kombat 9.

I could be totally wrong here so please point it out if I am. I'm going off match experience from moths ago.

When it comes to this match it's about getting in with GA. If zod shoots a slow ball arrow can fire an arrow to force zod into reacting which in turn lets arrow jump the slow ball and move in . If zod shoots a fast I believe arrow can jump it (very hard to do online and is a critical aspect of the match imo, can't really tell if it's a slow or fast ball on time online) without having to worry about eye laser. This opens up arrows options from a distance somewhat and can also help prevent zod from traiting. Still imo I think arrow's best bet is up close.

Not super detailed but I'm going off memory here.
Yes, but if you jump over balls it can be punished, and I play it diff now

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
How useful are instant aerial Zod balls versus The Flash?

I personally believe iaZBs are useful against all characters when used properly just like Kabal's iaGBs in Mortal Kombat 9.
Honestly the iazb's are kinda useless against Flash because of headbutt going under them and punishing. Standing zod balls will hit flash as long as he's not using the elseworld costume. Just shoot the standing slow and trip guard is the way I would play the mu.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Honestly the iazb's are kinda useless against Flash because of headbutt going under them and punishing. Standing zod balls will hit flash as long as he's not using the elseworld costume. Just shoot the standing slow and trip guard is the way I would play the mu.
You should record something with this elseworld costume hitbox thing cause I've never thought it made a difference.

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
You should record something with this elseworld costume hitbox thing cause I've never thought it made a difference.
I'll see tomorrow, I noticed it because I played sidthehaze before you and he tried the exact same thing and my zod ball always hit him, but never hit you.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Elseworld doesnt make a difference bruh