What's new

Match-up Discussion ZOD MU CHART -Relaxedstate

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
stop considering yourself a killer frost player; you're not one. you do not and have not played this game at a level to warrant any sort of acknowledgement or praise. and do not lump me into "you guys" as I seldom post about match-ups, and instead, actually play the game to learn more about my characters. but staying on topic, zod does have an advantage in this matchup, but in my opinion, not enough to warrant a 7-3 tag.
Why do I have the feeling this conversation has been had several times before. I look forward to the apology I won't get for this

astronout

see you at the top.
Why do I have the feeling this conversation has been had several times before. I look forward to the apology I won't get for this
i will say this: you have been right about a lot of things in regards to killer frost. i'll go on to say that i would label you simply as a mild downplayer. i just believe you are wrong in regards to calling frost vs zod a 3-7.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I honestly believe the zod-mmh mu is close to 5-5 at the highest level... cmon people
I don't know if you're just trying to bait m2dave, but this MU is not 5-5 in any universe, and it's no coincidence that every good Zod player agrees. No other character renders Zod's strengths inert and exploits his weaknesses like MMH does. It's not a "wah he makes it so I can't spam interactables" kind of thing, it's a "I have to wait on him to do anything because he completely dominates the pace of this MU" kind of thing.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
so you can't summon trait free and you have to deal with some counterzoning. 4-6

Learn to IAZB
I get my trait off interactable or combos in that MU and I can iazb but the only person that can fully rely on them is relaxedstate

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
That's what I do and win most
You win because you are the superior player. 90% of these Martian Manhunter players could not place second at Evolution if they fought nothing but Ares, Green Arrow, and Joker players. They are mediocre fighting game players abusing a broken character in a 7:3 match. If you out-footsie Martian Manhunter with Zod of all characters who can barely walk, you need to quit playing fighting games.

And iazb again mmh? Are you nuts? He tp that for full combo with orb set up
Well-used Instant aerial Zod balls are still useful (i.e., after a blocked MB low laser or a whiffed alien pillar). If you put an iaZB on the screen, Martian Manhunter players, not knowing how to get around zoning if their life depended on it, will usually go for the overhead teleport. Easy bait.

It's not an outfootsieing that zod needs to do he just needs to buy time for trait and realize martian doesn't open you up as easily while you aren't knocked down, it's quite stressful for Martian if you salvage a life lead, when you are constantly chasing and in fear of trait. Also anti-airing works too with uppercut. Both characters have super saiyan potential... Not 5-5 but I do think zod is arguably#2

M2Dave

Zoning Master
It's not an outfootsieing that zod needs to do he just needs to buy time for trait and realize martian doesn't open you up as easily while you aren't knocked down, it's quite stressful for Martian if you salvage a life lead, when you are constantly chasing and in fear of trait. Also anti-airing works too with uppercut. Both characters have super saiyan potential... Not 5-5 but I do think zod is arguably#2
It is quite "stressful" to fight any character who has a life lead in Injustice.

The point is, nobody has addressed any of my concerns from my post a couple of pages back. The match is the textbook definition of 7:3.

Also can zod players please use laser cancel mix ups in dash range and further away... People react to zods movement to block the oh, if you mix f2s and lasers or double cancels back into oh it becomes much less about reaction and much more guessing oriented. They also have to move from low to oh

I think laser cancels are underused, because they weren't fully developed

laser cancel dash forward f2 snatch or mob laser,
laser cancel dash forward mb laser/quick cancel snatch
Fully charged laser cancels...

The positives of these is they are mostly safe outside of laser cancel dash forward f2trait which literally works way too much if you ask me...

It doesn't hurt to add mixups to your game, because the more options the less predictable ypu are and mixups are more effective when they are foreign.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Also can zod players please use laser cancel mix ups in dash range and further away... People react to zods movement to block the oh, if you mix f2s and lasers or double cancels back into oh it becomes much less about reaction and much more guessing oriented. They also have to move from low to oh

I think laser cancels are underused, because they weren't fully developed

laser cancel dash forward f2 snatch or mob laser,
laser cancel dash forward mb laser/quick cancel snatch
Fully charged laser cancels...

The positives of these is they are mostly safe outside of laser cancel dash forward f2trait which literally works way too much if you ask me...

It doesn't hurt to add mixups to your game, because the more options the less predictable ypu are and mixups are more effective when they are foreign.
I do fool
Don't instruct me

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
You win because you are the superior player. 90% of these Martian Manhunter players could not place second at Evolution if they fought nothing but Ares, Green Arrow, and Joker players. They are mediocre fighting game players abusing a broken character in a 7:3 match. If you out-footsie Martian Manhunter with Zod of all characters who can barely walk, you need to quit playing fighting games.

Well-used Instant aerial Zod balls are still useful (i.e., after a blocked MB low laser or a whiffed alien pillar). If you put an iaZB on the screen, Martian Manhunter players, not knowing how to get around zoning if their life depended on it, will usually go for the overhead teleport. Easy bait.
Can't they just teleport after the lasers? Even the fast zod ball. Or I guess that depends on how far they are