What's new

Match-up Discussion ZOD MU CHART -Relaxedstate

It is quite "stressful" to fight any character who has a life lead in Injustice.

The point is, nobody has addressed any of my concerns from my post a couple of pages back. The match is the textbook definition of 7:3.
personally for me I hate fighting zod for these reasons

I prefer to zone with Martian, and control movement and play patient... Zod stops this because his traitis always re spawning, and if I am not in his face he gets the opportunity to mixup me, interactable me or I use my meter, unless you can iatp on reaction to a summon, then you can't turtle and play keepaway which Martian is built for. Similarly to martains tp your trait is always looming in the background... And that shit is stressful. Not to mention he has like the only backlash which works in certain situations vs Mmh. It forces me to play relatively reckless or random at times and constantly be on you. Unles I want to heavily rely on doing well in guessing games with zods mixups, I can't rely on my systematic appraoch of playing keepaway and reactionarily. Honestly there are like 3-4characters I hate playing more than zod. Perhaps it's a personal weak mu. Despite manning zod at one point.

The matchup number for me hinges on some of these things in my opinion

At the highest level:

How truly safe/ effective is zods mixup game with trait? I am leaning towards very effective somewhat unsafe, depends

How well can Martian nullify trait when it is out? In theory Martian can into in between slashes and makes thing difficult but zod has many counters

How effective is mmh mixup game on knockdown / in neutral? I am leaning towards very effective.

How effectively can zod players use Instant air zod charge on reaction to various things? Hmm...

Ultimately I feel Martian wins somewhere in between 6-4/7-3 due to the guessing games being in his favor ultimately and his ceiling is really nuts. But I have a distaste for it because I hate guessing

M2Dave

Zoning Master
personally for me I hate fighting zod for these reasons

I prefer to zone with Martian, and control movement and play patient... Zod stops this because his traitis always re spawning, and if I am not in his face he gets the opportunity to mixup me, interactable me or I use my meter, unless you can iatp on reaction to a summon, then you can't turtle and play keepaway which Martian is built for. Similarly to martains tp your trait is always looming in the background... And that shit is stressful. Not to mention he has like the only backlash which works in certain situations vs Mmh. It forces me to play relatively reckless or random at times and constantly be on you. Unles I want to heavily rely on doing well in guessing games with zods mixups, I can't rely on my systematic appraoch of playing keepaway and reactionarily. Honestly there are like 3-4characters I hate playing more than zod. Perhaps it's a personal weak mu. Despite manning zod at one point.

The matchup number for me hinges on some of these things in my opinion

At the highest level:

How truly safe/ effective is zods mixup game with trait? I am leaning towards very effective somewhat unsafe, depends

How well can Martian nullify trait when it is out? In theory Martian can into in between slashes and makes thing difficult but zod has many counters

How effective is mmh mixup game on knockdown / in neutral? I am leaning towards very effective.

How effectively can zod players use Instant air zod charge on reaction to various things? Hmm...

Ultimately I feel Martian wins somewhere in between 6-4/7-3 due to the guessing games being in his favor ultimately and his ceiling is really nuts. But I have a distaste for it because I hate guessing
Typical Martian Manhunter player post that can be summed up in two sentences.

"I cannot do whatever I want against Zod like I can against 70% of the characters. I have to play a certain way but still possibly win 7:3."

Typical Martian Manhunter player post that can be summed up in two sentences.

"I cannot do whatever I want against Zod like I can against 70% of the characters. I have to play a certain way but still possibly win 7:3."
Lol
I'd rather play flash, ww, superman, batman and others than zod... Just me...

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I noticed you run a lot more and play a mix up game with their teleports a lot. And try to summon trait when they misread their zoning
ZOD only backdashes or advances when MMH is in negative frames

You only summon trait after ps on hit, or tele whiff,or 123 on hit or MB side arm on hit,and mix up low laser blocked into trait summon vs doing side arm MB after MB laser blocked

If it hits then u hey a free trait

Your d12 goes under his ji2/3 or you can aa him w d2/f3 MB

Any whiffed pillar or metor is free trait as well

Also know your post blocked palm options inside and out. Pros and cons for every situation as well as your best post oh tele blocked options

This MU is deep deep

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
As much as it pains me to say.. Pecka is a better player than you Dave.. Believe me it pains me to say it.. You're too stubborn to take advice

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
And btw my previous post was just a bait obviously but I do not believe it to be 7-3 but just a 6-4... Most of the damage I get from you zod players is from my vortex that you can practice to block and get much batter at it. Ask cowboy

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
You win because you are the superior player. 90% of these Martian Manhunter players could not place second at Evolution if they fought nothing but Ares, Green Arrow, and Joker players. They are mediocre fighting game players abusing a broken character in a 7:3 match. If you out-footsie Martian Manhunter with Zod of all characters who can barely walk, you need to quit playing fighting games.

Well-used Instant aerial Zod balls are still useful (i.e., after a blocked MB low laser or a whiffed alien pillar). If you put an iaZB on the screen, Martian Manhunter players, not knowing how to get around zoning if their life depended on it, will usually go for the overhead teleport. Easy bait.
If you really think you're so much better it must really kill you inside when you play me

M2Dave

Zoning Master
If you really think you're so much better it must really kill you inside when you play me
It does not because I know that the vast majority of Martian Manhunter players will get exposed in Mortal Kombat X as average fighting game players.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It does not because I know that the vast majority of Martian Manhunter players will get exposed in Mortal Kombat X as average fighting game players.
Dude you play zod.. Lol one losing mu.. Like there won't be any other similar bullshit in mkx. In fact I'm willing to do a 200$ money match with you one month after mkx comes out

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Dude you play zod.. Lol one losing mu.. Like there won't be any other similar bullshit in mkx. In fact I'm willing to do a 200$ money match with you one month after mkx comes out
Also if you're getting bodied by every single mmh player that's sad. There are only like 3 good ones if that and I would only lose to a couple if even

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
If zod only has one losing match up. Wouldn't he be second on the tier list? Either way sinestro and aquaman are even match ups but still a little difficult