What's new

- Zatanna Announcement Trailer Analysis -

Teleports?

• Yes

Votes: 71 89.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters
Everyone thought Lobo, Batgirl (well she pretty much is), Scorpion, Zod, and MMH were broken by looking at their trailers. I really don't want some game breaking shit like Batgirl meter less vortex. That's just fucked up and scrubs will pick up on it. I would feel like I lost because my opponent guessed right. Hopefully she won't be shit tho, I like her too much at this point and will dedicate to this character.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Everyone thought Lobo, Batgirl (well she pretty much is), Scorpion, Zod, and MMH were broken by looking at their trailers. I really don't want some game breaking shit like Batgirl meter less vortex. That's just fucked up and scrubs will pick up on it. I would feel like I lost because my opponent guessed right. Hopefully she won't be shit tho, I like her too much at this point and will dedicate to this character.
Her trance thing requires meter but the standing reset from launcher didn't look like it did.

I really hope she does have a meterless vortex. She looks like everything I want in a character... and she's already my favourite DC superhero.

If anyone is going to have a standing vortex of any kind, at least make it so you can get combo punished you your opponent guesses correctly. Dealing with Batgirl's bullshit and her massive forehead is enough.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Her trance thing requires meter but the standing reset from launcher didn't look like it did.

I really hope she does have a meterless vortex. She looks like everything I want in a character... and she's already my favourite DC superhero.
Yeah the camera pans behind Zatanna as she resets but it looks like she uses the "deck of cards" move to reset. She uses the same move again for knockdown later in the vid.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
It's funny, Zatanna used to be one of my favourite DC characters, then I started to dislike her eventually. Now she's DLC, and I still dislike her character, but she looks fucking rad and I don't know what to feel. ;_;

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I only saw a very fast low starter... Didin't see any overhead... Well that dive kick can be one tho... Or maybe her F3 could be the only options for her to have a vortex

booivi

Good Game :)
Haven't read all of the previous posts but my guess is that her super is similar to Subzeros xray in MK9. The longer you hold it, simply delays the super, If you could dash cancel out of it like Subzero's that would be godlike.

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
I'm pretty sure the Hat is her trait and its similar it NW and WW. Look at 1:20, she comes out of her Hat Stance and teleports. Also I'm pretty sure in Hat Stance her fire ball will be like for example :d:r 1 for horizontal (1:12), but if you hold down it'll travel on the floor as a low (?) (1:17) and then if you hold up it'll work as a diagonal AA (1:15). She seems like a Reverse Black Adam meaning very little Overheads and mainly a low starter character.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I'm pretty sure the Hat is her trait and its similar it NW and WW. Look at 1:20, she comes out of her Hat Stance and teleports. Also I'm pretty sure in Hat Stance her fire ball will be like for example :d:r 1 for horizontal (1:12), but if you hold down it'll travel on the floor as a low (?) (1:17) and then if you hold up it'll work as a diagonal AA (1:15). She seems like a Reverse Black Adam meaning very little Overheads and mainly a low starter character.
What? :confused:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm hoping her b2 at least is combo-able. Or her f3 is killer Frost like. I don't care as long as I get my standing reset =D

i wonder what the meter burn ring toss does. does it always angle up without meter? are there 2 versions, high and low and meter burn does something else?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I love that move/normal in Hat Tier stance where she just pokes Grundy out of the air with her wand.

I'm calling it the "bubbleburster."

Nine Toddlers

~YoLo BoLo~
I honestly think that the whole purple duplicate thing before the special attack is what happens if you hold the activation down.

Etativel

Etatival taht raeb!
Well, according to some people in another topic, her second stance only lasts ten seconds in the video. They are thinking that the stance would be timed like Raven's and only last ten seconds.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Well, according to some people in another topic, her second stance only lasts ten seconds in the video. They are thinking that the stance would be timed like Raven's and only last ten seconds.
Yeah, but. I can still hold out hope. She seems much less mobile in hat stance so it would make sense that it is a proper stance switch. Ahh well, we'll see.

Etativel

Etatival taht raeb!
Yeah, but. I can still hold out hope. She seems much less mobile in hat stance so it would make sense that it is a proper stance switch. Ahh well, we'll see.
Oh, trust me, I hope it's a stance change, too. I don't know why they would make it timed! :/

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
I know they probably don't go together but I think her illusion trio has something to do with her levitate move

I really hope her trait is a stance change and not something timed liked ravens. Either way I'll play her.
I really doubt it's like Wonder Woman and Nightwing's. It seems like Raven's. Neither NW not WW could initiate a stance change in midair, and that's what Zee does when she loses the tophat and wand in the video.