What's new

- Zatanna Announcement Trailer Analysis -

Teleports?

• Yes

Votes: 71 89.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters
If the legs are merely part of the animation and don't have a hitbox there, that would be the suckiest thing ever.

Also, I noticed the levitating thing when she used the interactable, but I assumed it was an effect like Sinestro's entire body being covered in yellow energy when he uses power interactables. If she actually has a move that she can do in the air that stops her jump arc, that might work out for her.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
If the legs are merely part of the animation and don't have a hitbox there, that would be the suckiest thing ever.

Also, I noticed the levitating thing when she used the interactable, but I assumed it was an effect like Sinestro's entire body being covered in yellow energy when he uses power interactables. If she actually has a move that she can do in the air that stops her jump arc, that might work out for her.
Yes if you look the jump in,... She fills her hands with magic & hots the opponent like Raven's ji3... And that levitate is a special... She used it later followed by a teleport

The illusion is most likely a special that's able to cancel to the super, like others have pointed out she does a motion before the illusion like it's a command, the freeze frame super animation happens only after the illusion and it would be the most telegraphed super in the game if the illusion came first. Would be highly disappointed if it's only used for her super.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I've mained Nightwing since the day I got this game, but I will dedicate my time to making Zatanna my secondary.
I never used a teleporting character before, so this should be interesting.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
You have to wonder how evasive her, I'm going assume f3, is. It looks to start up around :50, it'd be glorious if you could use it to evade things and punish accordingly like Catwoman.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
You have to wonder how evasive her, I'm going assume f3, is. It looks to start up around :50, it'd be glorious if you could use it to evade things and punish accordingly like Catwoman.
I guess it's her B3.. She makes the same pose when she performs is

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
She's most likely going to have a standing reset just because of her hypnotic trance spell MB.
Looks like she has time to dash in too, but I hope if she does have one it will be free with no MB like 0:32. This is provided that she has a quick overhead move not shown in the trailer...
She's another teleport + vortex character... I'll just add her to my Scorpion and Batgirl ^_^

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Maybe she's just wording them backwards in a fucked up order? XD

Doubt NRS put too much effort on that quote.
Nah man I'm sure it's something, it's part of her schtick to use backwards spell words. Someone will confirm it eventually and it'll all be very anti-climactic though I'm sure.

For example: "Sleep without nightmares"

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
She's most likely going to have a standing reset just because of her hypnotic trance spell MB.
Looks like she has time to dash in too, but I hope if she does have one it will be free with no MB like 0:32
She's another teleport + vortex character... I'll just add her to my Scorpion and Batgirl ^_^
I think you're right.

Vanilla trance probably stuns/roots in place while MB trance does the "zombie walk" a la Quan Chi.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
I think you're right.

Vanilla trance probably stuns/roots in place while MB trance does the "zombie walk" a la Quan Chi.

Ya, she has a low launcher... I hope she has a quick overhead starter too for the vortex mix-up. :)

And imagine if she has good cross-up hitboxes on her jump-ins like batman's J2... She will be so GDLK!!