What's new

Guide "You're no match for an Amazon." Wonder Woman Combo Thread

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Yea it was after a b113 b113, I was trying to get the timing of that down before I went for the full combo. Ironically it seems that is the reason I've been struggling with it. Thanks a lot though, ill hit up training mode and iron that out.

Would b113, b113, 23, b3, j3 b113 lasso grab also work? It seems a little too long, maybe one less b113 at the start.
i dont think you can do that many b113s and then a 23 b3. Frankly, all that 23, b3, j3 b113 stuff is just WAY too much work online and the timing WAY too strict for such a small increase in damage. I really would just suggest:

b113, b113, 23 lassograb. =34%
33, b113, 23 lassograb. =32%
11 lasso spin, b113, 23, lassograb. =31%
b3, ji2, b113, 23 lassograb. =35%

patch added recovery to her b3 so she needs new bnb's
B113, 23, B3, J3, B113~Lasso Grab = very strict timing now... nearly impossible. This is a huge damage nerf for some Diana combos.

Played around with her and it felt really bad, even confirming J2 or J1 isn't all that easy. So until this is fixed, it allows me to find another alternate to practice with. Hopefully, this break from WW won't last too long :(

Not sure if this Sword Stance combo worked before the patch but it seems to work now.

2 2xx bf2 mb, b3, ji3, 2 2xx bf3 40% damage roughly.

The b3 has strict timing after meter burn shield toss, but it seems to connect. I seem to land it more consistently the quicker I activate mb.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Not sure if this Sword Stance combo worked before the patch but it seems to work now.

2 2xx bf2 mb, b3, ji3, 2 2xx bf3 40% damage roughly.

The b3 has strict timing after meter burn shield toss, but it seems to connect. I seem to land it more consistently the quicker I activate mb.
This is a great find. I thought I had to go into lasso stance to combo. You can finish the 22 string into 3 to put them right at your feet too.

zzzz but. you get more damage as far as i remember if you go into lasso from the same starter + hard knockdown ender :/

i think vs the big characters we should go for the j2 loop more often. it deals alot of damage. 22 mb shield j2 22 mb shield 2 xx trait xx lasso spin b3 j3 b1 b113 lasso grab <3.

if they are cornered you can setup j2 crossup: 22 mb shield j2 22 trait MB tiara b113 trait 11b1 b1 b1 11b1 (x3) f12bf3.

and 22 sheild doesnt work on females. what i do from sheild is 22, trait, mb tiara... then from their lasso bnb.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
2,2 shield mb b3 was easier on demo and when iwas trying it now i couldnt do it..maybe it also depends the body of the character.. also 2,2 shield mb can be done to females but its a little random..

i found lately that at the corner with lasso we can do 1% more dmg ..i know..its icredible!(irony)
launcher: 3,3 b1 2,3 b1,1,3 lasso grab

Pointless but flashy combo...

Sword Stance: 11B1 - > Shield Bash -> 11B1 -> 11B1 -> 11B1 -> 11B1 - > F12 - > Super

Deas about 62%.

You can throw in a extra B1 between the 11B1 loops but it only adds around 1-2%.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
wait how much damage does this do in the corner? ive been doing 33 23 23 23 lasso for like 31 lol. i cant hit the 11b1 swords online
I think sword stance is almost completely useless online.

I do 33 23 23 Amazon Uppercut 23 Amazon Uppercut and i think its more than 31, i should try ending with Lasso though, is probably more. I'll try yours out a bit. Her corner combos are nothing compared to Superman, unless you are going to use Sword Stance and those are almost impossible to hit online.

EDIT: that combo i do is 32%

chores

bad at things
I think sword stance is almost completely useless online.

I do 33 23 23 Amazon Uppercut 23 Amazon Uppercut and i think its more than 31, i should try ending with Lasso though, is probably more. I'll try yours out a bit. Her corner combos are nothing compared to Superman, unless you are going to use Sword Stance and those are almost impossible to hit online.
i know i saw you do it to me online last night. i think its like 33 or 34. theres got to be something better in lasso. its annoying to do less damage in the corner than fullscreen. im not at home to test. maybe something with uppercut MB?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
i know i saw you do it to me online last night. i think its like 33 or 34. theres got to be something better in lasso. its annoying to do less damage in the corner than fullscreen. im not at home to test. maybe something with uppercut MB?
Hi chrmnglr :)

Yeah its annoying, WWs corner stuff, I've never been a corner person so I've just not tried super hard, I just like to trap them, do some b23 overhead whips, then mix up with 33 low starter and do a 30%ish combo, and then throw. Thats all pretty good for her in the corner and you can do a lot of damage without having some 60% combo that Superman has.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
i wrote that a bit strange..i meen do whatevet launcher you want then 33, b1, 23, b113 lasso grab

I need some tips on inputting 22 BF 2 in shield stance. I can get it every once in awhile but can't seem to get it consistently. I play using a stick and tried with negative edge off, alternate controls but it's just one of those inputs that's kind of annoying me. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eddyward

Noob
I need some tips on inputting 22 BF 2 in shield stance. I can get it every once in awhile but can't seem to get it consistently. I play using a stick and tried with negative edge off, alternate controls but it's just one of those inputs that's kind of annoying me. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
Is the problem that the BF2 is just not coming out at all? For me, 22 seems to have a slow animation, and I sometimes end up pressing an extra 2 because I start feeling like I have to rush. With the extra 2 I inputted, Wonder Woman ends up stopping after 22, and the BF2 gets ignored. So I guess just tap 22, and then wait for the sound of the second hit, then immediately do BF2 after you hear the sound. It doesn't have to be done super fast, it can actually be done at a calm pace. Hope that helps!

Is the problem that the BF2 is just not coming out at all? For me, 22 seems to have a slow animation sometimes, and I end up pressing an extra 2 because I end up rushing. With the extra 2 I inputted, Wonder Woman ends up stopping after 22, and the BF2 gets ignored. So I guess just tap 22, and then wait for the sound of the second hit, then immediately do BF2 after you hear the sound. It doesn't have to be done super fast, it can actually be done at a calm pace. Hope that helps!
Thanks for the advice, maybe I do need to slow down input and leave stick at neutral. I think part of my problem is rushing it and another part is me feeling the need to hold back after my first 2, so it seems like 2B2 F2. I'll lab it up some more and see.

Eddyward

Noob
Tell us how it goes! :]
that trait cancel is tough
I was thinking about this while I was doing my combo video.

A tip for trait cancelling that I found useful: say you're starting in lasso stance and trying to do something like 23, trait cancel, BF3. I found that while you do have to do the trait cancel quickly after 23, the BF3 should not be done quickly after the trait cancel! You should always wait until you hear the sound that she took her other weapon out, and then do the special move. Of course, you don't want to wait an abysmal amount of time, but you can actually do it calmly without breaking your fingers off like I tend to think I have to do.

In fact, this goes for all trait cancelling moves. For example, a stance switching combo that starts in sword stance: 22, BF2 MB, 22, trait cancel, DB1 (Lasso Grab). You have to do the trait cancel quickly, but the DB1 can actually wait a little bit! When you look at the combo, it looks like it's being done insanely fast. But while it may seem like you're taking too long, she has to put her shield on her back and take out her lasso; that can realistically take some time! :p

jrock920

Noob
Tell us how it goes! :]

I was thinking about this while I was doing my combo video.

A tip for trait cancelling that I found useful: say you're starting in lasso stance and trying to do something like 23, trait cancel, BF3. I found that while you do have to do the trait cancel quickly after 23, the BF3 should not be done quickly after the trait cancel! You should always wait until you hear the sound that she took her other weapon out, and then do the special move. Of course, you don't want to wait an abysmal amount of time, but you can actually do it calmly without breaking your fingers off like I tend to think I have to do.

In fact, this goes for all trait cancelling moves. For example, a stance switching combo that starts in sword stance: 22, BF2 MB, 22, trait cancel, DB1 (Lasso Grab). You have to do the trait cancel quickly, but the DB1 can actually wait a little bit! When you look at the combo, it looks like it's being done insanely fast. But while it may seem like you're taking too long, she has to put her shield on her back and take out her lasso; that can realistically take some time! :p
thanks

TimTim

Don't Hate
I will not lie the corner combos are pretty hard but idk why you guys think the b3 combos and the stance switch combos are difficult.
I've tried them online (I lost the match because I don't know how to use her at all) and I did them like 80% of the time.
On that note in sword you can d.2 lasso 23 b3 j3 b113 df1 for 29% same combo as the lasso anti air but better than whats in the op.
Also can anyone direct me towards the best place to learn her? (videos threads explaining her moves etc. all I've read was Foxy's guide)
Also corner combos I'd like some easier ones.

Of of 33 I do b113 23 23 df1 or 33 23 b113 23 df1 both do 35%.
B113 23 b113 23 df1. 37%
23 db3 b113 b113 db1 34% you can cancel into amazonian uppercut or link it. Linking makes the b113 timing easier.