What's new

Guide "You're no match for an Amazon." Wonder Woman Combo Thread

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Her Lasso Spin to B3 link is impossible to land consistently.

Her advanced combos are just too hard to pull off online, are there any easy ones people can do always online?

Risergy

Superscrub
Her Lasso Spin to B3 link is impossible to land consistently.

Her advanced combos are just too hard to pull off online, are there any easy ones people can do always online?
Her Lasso Spin ends a lot sooner than it looks. I missed it all the time because I would pay too much attention to her animations instead of relying on muscle memory.

I'm not saying that's the reason you're having trouble with it, but it may be the cause of your problems.

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
I think the link to B3 is one of the hardest to do online, I can get it about half the time now offline since I've been practicing like crazy but its just not safe to use online unless your in a corner combo.

my BnB online is j.2, 33, b113, b2a. solid 34% and extremely reliable, also puts you in a position to keep up pressure

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Her Lasso Spin ends a lot sooner than it looks. I missed it all the time because I would pay too much attention to her animations instead of relying on muscle memory.

I'm not saying that's the reason you're having trouble with it, but it may be the cause of your problems.
I will have to check that out then in practice mode.

I think the link to B3 is one of the hardest to do online, I can get it about half the time now offline since I've been practicing like crazy but its just not safe to use online unless your in a corner combo.

my BnB online is j.2, 33, b113, b2a. solid 34% and extremely reliable, also puts you in a position to keep up pressure
I find it easy now. Some times I parry instead of doing the lasso spin which is annoying but when I do it I can do b3 easily. Hawkgirls b3 is really hard to do. Sometimes you have to mash 3 to get it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I've been recording a lot of WW BnB's:

B11 xx DB3 > B3 > J3 > B1 > B113 xx DF1
40% Midscreen BnB. You can just finish the B113 string instead of spin for 2% more but the timing becomes harder.

22 xx BF2 Meter Burn > 2 xx Trait xx DB3 > B3 > J3 > B1 > B113 xx DF1
46% combo from Sword stance into Lasso stance. You cancel the trait recovery into the spin.

B113 xx Trait > 11B1 > B1 > B1 > (11B1)x3 > F12 xx BF3
This should be our go to corner BnB, however I omit one B1 to make it easier. Makes the combo 46% instead of 48%.

B2 > 23 xx Trait > (11B1)x4 > F12 xx BF3
41% meterless combo off of B2 in the corner. Very easy to hitconfirm. Makes B2 a LOT more dangerous in the corner.

whawt do you guys think

Son ov Timett

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Will add the corner combos to the list, the 1st two are already on the list. Also, you can do 23, B3 after B113 and it does 1% more and the timing isn't tight; same with Sword 2,2, you can trait cancel into MB Tiara, B113, 23, B3 for 1% more.

Ninja edit: Aight updated, thanks Based Chef.

I'm have huge troubles getting some combos correct, im particular this: 33~Lasso Spin, B3. The first part is ok, but the B3 miss most of times, it's very hard to get it right. Any tips, or is it just repetition and repetition and so on?

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
I'm have huge troubles getting some combos correct, im particular this: 33~Lasso Spin, B3. The first part is ok, but the B3 miss most of times, it's very hard to get it right. Any tips, or is it just repetition and repetition and so on?
You have to do B3 pretty much as soon as she recovers from Lasso Spin as B3 has a 30 frame startup. It might be easier to do 33, 23, B3 instead as you can hit confirm 33 into a combo instead of having to commit to Lasso Spin, and it does the same damage as the 33~Lasso spin combo.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Yep, I'm done doing b3 off of lasso, its a pain in the arse, 23 is a piece of cake.

Also EGP Wonder_Chef re: B113 xx Trait > 11B1 > B1 > B1 > (11B1)x3 > F12 xx BF3

I'm a simple man, so I'm going with B113xxTrait>(11B1) x infinity and beyond for 43%, impossible to drop once you get the rhythm.

If you're too far out of the corner, just hit B113>23xxTrait>11b1 loop. Best thing about this corner combo is pinning your opponent down with SnS stance, WW goes ham with it in confined space. :coffee:

Chef, we need to get some games in bruh, I actually sat down and practiced the last two days. :p

EGP Wonder_Chef

Yep, I'm done doing b3 off of lasso, its a pain in the arse, 23 is a piece of cake.

Also EGP Wonder_Chef re: B113 xx Trait > 11B1 > B1 > B1 > (11B1)x3 > F12 xx BF3

I'm a simple man, so I'm going with B113xxTrait>(11B1) x infinity and beyond for 43%, impossible to drop once you get the rhythm.

If you're too far out of the corner, just hit B113>23xxTrait>11b1 loop. Best thing about this corner combo is pinning your opponent down with SnS stance, WW goes ham with it in confined space. :coffee:

Chef, we need to get some games in bruh, I actually sat down and practiced the last two days. :p
I've been practicing WW a lot recently. I have a LOT of stuff with here. I'm wondering if I should write a giant post or a video or what... I have a lot of info I want to share but I'm not sure how to share it...

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I've been practicing WW a lot recently. I have a LOT of stuff with here. I'm wondering if I should write a giant post or a video or what... I have a lot of info I want to share but I'm not sure how to share it...
There's no truth without video these days. Video or it didn't happen :)

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I haven't seen it listed anywhere, but you can combo after b2 midscreen with 2 or 23. It only works from close range and some of the combos are pretty tight, but it leads to more damage and varied positioning for oki. Also you can trait cancel B2 and combo to Almathea Bash, and MB if they block it for more pressure. Here's the most optimal I came up with for no meter.

B2, 23, J3~Air Amazonian Smash: 26% (30% with MB)
B2, 23, Lasso Grab: 22% (29% with MB)
B2, 23, Air Demigoddess' Might: 21%
B2, 23, Shield stance cancel, Almathea Bash: 19% (24% with MB)

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
So I have some trait cancel combos I'm working on, one of which starts in sword, goes to lasso and then ends with sword again. Trying to optimise them best I can, but so far they all for styling on people rather than being practical.

...also I may have found a reset combo. If I can successfully figure out the conditions and find a way to do it 100% of the time, the reset should do about 70% in total for one bar.

BigD

Noob
mannnn I tired my hardest not to ask this question but I am sorry I have to.

How do you " trait cancel"
do the string press trait and continue?

EGP Wonder_Chef

mannnn I tired my hardest not to ask this question but I am sorry I have to.

How do you " trait cancel"
do the string press trait and continue?
you can cancel the recovery of her trait into any special move

also you can cancel into her trait like it's a special move

JJParker

Noob
An easy double stance change combo is this, (starting in SS)

2, 2, mb Shield Toss, 2 stance cancel, Lasso Spin, b3, ji3, 2, 3 stance cancel Amalthea Bash

This does 42% for 1 bar and 45% if you add a jump in 2 at the start. Also it does 37% if you start with d1.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Yeah so I did it.

It might be a little tricky to see, but when I connect with the air Amazonian Smash dive, Joker is set to a restand before the meter burn dive's damage connects. Without the MB dive, the regular dive sets a restand where you are +2 on hit, allowing for a new high/low mixup.With the MB dive, it sets a juggle state and starts you off with 14% damage for high damage corner combo follow ups.

The dive is also and overhead AND a cross up that happens so fast that you would need to be expecting it to block correctly. And if they DO block correctly, Wonder Woman is only -5, safe from most reversal options.

How to do it? You need to hit with a B3 mid juggle, then hit J3 very very close to the ground, cancelling into air Amazonian Smash. Timing and spacing is VERY strict, so don't lose hope if you miss the first few times.

And yes, since it can cost no meter if away from the corner, you can essentially loop it if your execution is on point.

@EGPWonder_Chef
On the 3rd combo you listed (the corner one) I was actually able to throw in another b1 to make it go up to 50%.
So the combo looks like this:
B113 xx Trait > 11B1 > B1 > B1 > B1 > (11B1)x3 > F12 xx BF3

Obviously the timing is a bit strict but I guess that is the fully optimized version.