What's new

"You're Fired!" -- Joker General Discussion Thread

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You cannot react to a 15f B2, get caught once and you enter her vortex, the main tool that makes this matchup 7-3, get caught once and you may not get out ever.

I play all my games competitively, as a principle I never fuck around unless my opp is much weaker, if you want 110% in tournaments then you're gonna have to play 100% everywhere else by my book.

Your partners punish teeth because they look for teeth. That leaves them susceptible to many other things that you can abuse, footsies vs GL, jumping vs flash.

Always remember to separate matchups and people. As a rule I change my playstyle entirely around the person I play, vs a patient player with BA for example I will play footsies, vs someone who cannot handle looking out for both divekick and lightning while getting in then I'll go ham with mixups, same exact thing with resets, J2, D2, etc.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Hmm.. I didn't know it was 15f, yeah that's not reactable, not sure what made me feel like it was. I get it's just an anticipation thing at certain ranges then, but probably not worth it, you're right.
In terms of dicking around outside of tournament matches... that's just how I play video games lol. If it makes me a worse player in the long run, so be it, but I'll be having fun in the process.
I think fFlash and GL can react to those teeth though. Flash can lightning charge on reaction or maybe slight anticipation for 35% or do one of his advancing strings for 55% or so, and GL can b1 into full combo. Maybe you're right and it's just because they have the read on me from us playing so often, but I think people who have experience against Joker can scout footsie teeth and punish big in those matchups.
I definitely need to divorce my matchups and people views, you're right. I think my big shortcoming is I'm just not as experienced a player, so all I have to go on for matchups is my experience with just a few people, which makes it difficult to do.
Working on it!!! XD

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hmm.. I didn't know it was 15f, yeah that's not reactable, not sure what made me feel like it was. I get it's just an anticipation thing at certain ranges then, but probably not worth it, you're right.
In terms of dicking around outside of tournament matches... that's just how I play video games lol. If it makes me a worse player in the long run, so be it, but I'll be having fun in the process.
I think fFlash and GL can react to those teeth though. Flash can lightning charge on reaction or maybe slight anticipation for 35% or do one of his advancing strings for 55% or so, and GL can b1 into full combo. Maybe you're right and it's just because they have the read on me from us playing so often, but I think people who have experience against Joker can scout footsie teeth and punish big in those matchups.
I definitely need to divorce my matchups and people views, you're right. I think my big shortcoming is I'm just not as experienced a player, so all I have to go on for matchups is my experience with just a few people, which makes it difficult to do.
Working on it!!! XD
Flash doesn't have time to punish teeth with any strings, he has to charge and thats from a certain up close distance, which means he's directing attention to just your teeth, same with GL but with lift, in B1 range you should not be moving that much, let alone be laying down teeth. They can both react and that is exploitable

StevoSuprem0

Yeah I was just talking about footsie range, which was what you had said earlier talking about what I wasn't doing wrong in the WW matchup. I said I just need to shake off not using them in footsie range because of those two matchups.
Basically, we're saying the same thing lol.
I like how a defensive teeth placement will actually cause GL's lift to shift him into the teeth. Can't combo him off it, but it's still cool.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Found something interesting vs. MMH. Joker is within range for a throw after MMH blocks b2, b3, f3, 213, and 323. MMH seems to be one of if not the only character that is susceptible to this, while other characters that I tried were a mixed bag or weren't susceptible to any of them.

This does not work on Black Adam, Aquaman, and Lex Luther. All except b3 and f3 work on Superman, etc.

I'm sure you all know but just in case, you can grab after a blocked 1, 2, d1, 11, f23, and 32 against the whole cast.

EDIT: Upon further testing, after 213 and 323, if MMH crouches, throw will whiff due to the hitbox change, everything else I mentioned works fine.

Last edited:

rehti

Noob
RobCombsAK RTDGA3
StephenClarkeMMM StevoSupremoNew Jersey3
EricVerdellCrimsonOblivionNew Jersey 3
AlecDawsonPI|ToTheDetailNew York3
BrandanSpierMr. Brandan SpierNew York3
GiovoniKingG-TempestPennsylvania 3
JoeShyne Joe ShyneTexas 3
MaximoFiguereoVSM_MaxterNew York3
KevinWilsonFlipkevVa3
StevenDelgadoBIFU InsaynneNY3
TylerSmithKTO Blind_DuckyCalifornia 3

Good Luck Stevo. Are you planning to only play Joker? Can't wait to finally see you in action.

StevoSuprem0

RobCombsAK RTDGA3
StephenClarkeMMM StevoSupremoNew Jersey3
EricVerdellCrimsonOblivionNew Jersey 3
AlecDawsonPI|ToTheDetailNew York3
BrandanSpierMr. Brandan SpierNew York3
GiovoniKingG-TempestPennsylvania 3
JoeShyne Joe ShyneTexas 3
MaximoFiguereoVSM_MaxterNew York3
KevinWilsonFlipkevVa3
StevenDelgadoBIFU InsaynneNY3
TylerSmithKTO Blind_DuckyCalifornia 3

Good Luck Stevo. Are you planning to only play Joker? Can't wait to finally see you in action.
Yep, I'm sticking with just Mr. J. I haven't really played anyone else consistently since launch and I am too stubborn/like him too much to switch.
Qwark28, have you played Ducky at all/do you have good Raven MU experience? I don't know a huge amount about her other than respecting soul crush from full screen, the frame traps when she's in demon stance, and abuse the hell out of her on wakeup. I think she's one of those character's where we absolutely win if we get her in the corner, which I'm looking forward to :D, but need to make sure I can get her there...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yep, I'm sticking with just Mr. J. I haven't really played anyone else consistently since launch and I am too stubborn/like him too much to switch.
Qwark28, have you played Ducky at all/do you have good Raven MU experience? I don't know a huge amount about her other than respecting soul crush from full screen, the frame traps when she's in demon stance, and abuse the hell out of her on wakeup. I think she's one of those character's where we absolutely win if we get her in the corner, which I'm looking forward to :D, but need to make sure I can get her there...
She has no frame traps in demon stance with her pillars, gunshot beats anything after pilars except soul crush

ducking to block gunshots means you can move. Pilars on block allow you to gunshot before she can do anything other than soul crush so you should have no problem fullscreen ( she can't fullscreen grab the gunshot if ducked. )

beware of b23 and abuse your j3 d2 a lot in this matchup, d2 crowbar is good, in the corner she just dies.

223 backdashed can be d2 mb rlg or instant forward j2d into full combo.

go to training mode and get the habit of punishing d1 lift down and learn the distance soul crush is gunshotable ( free dash on hit and block )

D2 lift from sweep distance or use early J3 right after. Early J3s are what you should always be using to have a truly unreactable jump. that occupies a lot of space and is very +

block low and learn her f3 animation.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
You see, im a guy of simple taste, I enjoy uhh cool characters, fighting styles, and Fatalities!. You know what they all have in common? they fit. All you care about is winning, this community deserves a better class of a competitive fighter and I'm gonna give it to them.

StevoSuprem0

She has no frame traps in demon stance with her pillars, gunshot beats anything after pilars except soul crush

ducking to block gunshots means you can move. Pilars on block allow you to gunshot before she can do anything other than soul crush so you should have no problem fullscreen ( she can't fullscreen grab the gunshot if ducked. )

beware of b23 and abuse your j3 d2 a lot in this matchup, d2 crowbar is good, in the corner she just dies.

223 backdashed can be d2 mb rlg or instant forward j2d into full combo.

go to training mode and get the habit of punishing d1 lift down and learn the distance soul crush is gunshotable ( free dash on hit and block )

D2 lift from sweep distance or use early J3 right after. Early J3s are what you should always be using to have a truly unreactable jump. that occupies a lot of space and is very +
Word. I thought gunshot might be one of the few moves that deals with pillars traps, but I wasn't sure. The frames are tight, but worst case scenario it should trade. Definitely need to keep in mind that lift is punishable as well.
Thanks bud!

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
As a Raven player, let me see if I can lend some aid:
When they demon stance and teleport in the air, I believe Joker has a d2 that can hit her out regardless of the side/timing of her j2
If she teleports on the ground, prepare to tech a grab. After doing so once, don't expect Ducky to do so again because one wrong guess can lead to huge damage. Raven does very healthy damage.

223 is interruptable, backdashable, and parryable, but I believe you already know that. If she DOES catch you in a 223 block string, her d1 is free, so don't contest it or you'll eat a d1lift. Parry, perhaps? Little YOLO though...Her weakness is her knockdown; don't let her get up. Footsies in the traditional sense may backfire, as while patience IS the key, you're also running out her DS cooldown. In some MUs she has no reason NOT to use DS. While she can't anti air you easily, she CAN pre-emptively grab you. And putting yourself in Soul Crush range can put you in a place where, sure, you DO have a free dash on block, but are in an area where you may not be able to punish it (I don't know Joker, so I don't know) and I feel it MAY help to block a SC and instead of always dashing, throw in far teeth.

Also, high level Raven players either a) don't throw out SC very often b) may make you think they're using h4x in terms of always seeming to read when you won't block and catch you with a SC. Pretty much get as much Raven experience as you can right now, because if you aren't used to Ducky's you can be overwhelmed.

StevoSuprem0

As a Raven player, let me see if I can lend some aid:
When they demon stance and teleport in the air, I believe Joker has a d2 that can hit her out regardless of the side/timing of her j2
If she teleports on the ground, prepare to tech a grab. After doing so once, don't expect Ducky to do so again because one wrong guess can lead to huge damage. Raven does very healthy damage.

223 is interruptable, backdashable, and parryable, but I believe you already know that. If she DOES catch you in a 223 block string, her d1 is free, so don't contest it or you'll eat a d1lift. Parry, perhaps? Little YOLO though...Her weakness is her knockdown; don't let her get up. Footsies in the traditional sense may backfire, as while patience IS the key, you're also running out her DS cooldown. In some MUs she has no reason NOT to use DS. While she can't anti air you easily, she CAN pre-emptively grab you. And putting yourself in Soul Crush range can put you in a place where, sure, you DO have a free dash on block, but are in an area where you may not be able to punish it (I don't know Joker, so I don't know) and I feel it MAY help to block a SC and instead of always dashing, throw in far teeth.

Also, high level Raven players either a) don't throw out SC very often b) may make you think they're using h4x in terms of always seeming to read when you won't block and catch you with a SC. Pretty much get as much Raven experience as you can right now, because if you aren't used to Ducky's you can be overwhelmed.
Wanna play tonight? :D

StevoSuprem0

YES! YES!

Oh...you mean with Raven? ;_;

I'm currently bodying Qwark and kinda wanted to see how I'd fare against another Joker, but sure I guess I could...
We can do sets with other characters too. Qwark beat me pretty bad when he and I played a while ago, but I've gotten better since then. I'm also gonna blame a fair bit of that performance on being unable to adapt to a playing someone in Greece, causing the connection is about a full second delayed lol. Dropped everything :mad:. But we'll see how it goes. Who else do you play?

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
We can do sets with other characters too. Qwark beat me pretty bad when he and I played a while ago, but I've gotten better since then. I'm also gonna blame a fair bit of that performance on being unable to adapt to a playing someone in Greece, causing the connection is about a full second delayed lol. Dropped everything :mad:. But we'll see how it goes. Who else do you play?
I main Killer Frost. I use MMH, Raven, Wonder Woman. I CAN use the entire cast, but yeah they're my go tos.

LOL Qwark, what's going on, I thought you said you were going to 20-0 me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

StevoSuprem0

I main Killer Frost. I use MMH, Raven, Wonder Woman. I CAN use the entire cast, but yeah they're my go tos.

LOL Qwark, what's going on, I thought you said you were going to 20-0 me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Word. If we could start with Raven that would be awesome, but otherwise, I'm down for sets with anyone else you want too!