What's new

Your Top 3 Most Overrated Characters

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Know you play the character, so you don't see her for what she really is...ducking broken. No one is going to convince me that she is overrated. I don't think she is top three, but "Kitana tier"? GTFO with that. Nothing worse than top 5.
Looooooooooooooooool. Let it out brother, its the only way to deal with all the hurt Sonya has caused you as a reptile player. Just spare the Children! They don't need to be drowned in the river of your salty tears! hahahahaha

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
oh yeah I forgot about that

you have to remember though that he does use multiple characters

and I just think that at this point in the game, if someone really was so obviously S tier, more people would use them

I mean sonya isn't even that technical.
Mygod also used him to get top 16. So that is 2 in top 16 at MLG Dallas. Same amount as CYrax players, yet he is number 2?

Skitzo

Noob
I'd rather face Kabal then Kung Lao to be honest, I don't deny Kabal is good but let's face it he's only good because of his dash cancels. Take that away and he's not a big deal. As hard as it is, he can be outzoned. Out of everyone I use, I tend to have luck with Sektor vs. Kabal. Sektor can zone very well.
Sektor's zoning isn't a problem in this mu though

Reactions: SLy

dendeno9

Noob
Yeah, pretty much everyone i know who has this game (but dont take it seriously even in the slightest) play Smoke. They just spam teleport and smoke-bomb into airthrow/uppercut.

Whenever they decide they actually wanna get good at the game they drop him though cos his BnB's are too tricky.
Cool. It's really nice knowing I'm not the only one here that has to deal with this.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Smoke isn't that tough, just punish his teleports, get in on him. Give me smoke any day over KL or Kabal lol. I welcome it. Being random with anyone can really be effective, especially if you use them out of character.

Sektor's zoning isn't a problem in this mu though
It can be unless Kabal can get in and stay in, obviously it's still in Kabal's favor but just saying. The thing that makes Kabal a threat is his dash cancelling. Take that away and he's just a standard character.

dendeno9

Noob
I mean, I don't really have that much trouble fighting Smoke, I win against these noobs no problem. He's just annoying.

Skitzo

Noob
It can be unless Kabal can get in and stay in, obviously it's still in Kabal's favor but just saying. The thing that makes Kabal a threat is his dash cancelling. Take that away and he's just a standard character.

Kabal outzones the shit out of Sektor. I don't need to go in unless I need some momentum. & yes I agree. Without it, he is merely a zoner.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Looooooooooooooooool. Let it out brother, its the only way to deal with all the hurt Sonya has caused you as a reptile player. Just spare the Children! They don't need to be drowned in the river of your salty tears! hahahahaha
I wouldn't get this way if you weren't in denial.

MKF30

Kabal outzones the shit out of Sektor. I don't need to go in unless I need some momentum. & yes I agree. Without it, he is merely a zoner.
lol pretty much, that's why most matches are uphill battle against Kabal

1. Kitana
2. Jax
3. Tie up between Kenshi or Freddy. I don't see all the oop pla for Freddy's zoning and Kenshi sucks with rushdown *IMHO*.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Smoke isn't that tough, just punish his teleports, get in on him. Give me smoke any day over KL or Kabal lol. I welcome it. Being random with anyone can really be effective, especially if you use them out of character.

let me just say ermac has to keep kabal out, but even when we do, we have to deal with his zoning being better. were basically choosing between the lesser of two demons. also i might write a guide when playing smoke with ermac. i have come to realize your main goal the whole match is to establish corner zoning and the match goes in macs favor.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
1. Kenshi - Even if he is second best I don't think it's by the huge margin a lot of people say it is.
2. Kung Lao - He's treated like this derpy easy mode character and anyone who has played a high level player with him knows it isn't that easy.
3. Sonya - This is simply based off of tournament results. Her placement could be totally legitimate but the evidence isn't there.

She is more so than most, and why use a character who is more difficult to play than Cage when their good MU's compared to the bad are about the same. People don't want to take the time to learn her that don't already know her, that's it.
sonya is way beyond cage, cage is not in her league, btw she isnt hard to use shes got retarded tools.

1. Kenshi - Even if he is second best I don't think it's by the huge margin a lot of people say it is.
2. Kung Lao - He's treated like this derpy easy mode character and anyone who has played a high level player with him knows it isn't that easy.
3. Sonya - This is simply based off of tournament results. Her placement could be totally legitimate but the evidence isn't there.
i feel like kenshi is underrated, he is that fucking good, the character is unbelievable... all of his normals and strings are fantastic to go along with the most ridiculous zoning.... i think at the highest level this character is most likely very competitive against kung lao and kabal also.
kung lao is amazing he blows up half the cast and he can totally make up for a players shortcomings at times... his only problem his is high strings but his tools give too much control.
sonya is the same way as kung lao she can make up for a characters shortcomings and is totally abusive of this game. armor thats -3 on block which against half the cast -3 gives her the superior options... she actually has similar holes to kung lao but it doesnt matter.

if you ask me, Kenshi Kabal Kung Lao Sonya Cyrax are ahead of the game.... perhaps freddy is up there too or maybe smoke but i dont see it.

If im going to do mine i'll say

Cage: hes very good but i dont think you could make an argument for top 5 like, i think hes got quite a few even and 5+ bad matchups(theoretically i dont think he should be beating kenshi). im thinking others have potential to be bad...
Jax: Hes good and competitive but i think hes got quite a few difficult matchups
Sub-zero: he cant possibly beat kenshi

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I dont understand how people can say kenshi is over rated...same with skarlet. They are still under rated and only have 1 or 2 people using them at a high level...the people listing them have probably never had the pleasure.

MKF30

let me just say ermac has to keep kabal out, but even when we do, we have to deal with his zoning being better. were basically choosing between the lesser of two demons. also i might write a guide when playing smoke with ermac. i have come to realize your main goal the whole match is to establish corner zoning and the match goes in macs favor.
Exactly, Ermac's best shot is to zone Kabal which while he's capable is not easy at all. Oh yeah, overall I think Ermac/Smoke match up is 50/50 but Ermac seriously punishes Smoke hard on blocked teleport and like you said, in the corner I believe that favors Ermac. I definitely think Smoke is among those overrated, thinking perhaps I should swap his name with Kenshi since Kenshi at least is godly of zoning I just don't see various people dominating with him. Smoke however, I personally see as more higher mid tier around ermac level then A tier to some people. Just my opinion.

Flagg

Noob
Anyone saying that Cyrax or Sektor are overrated must be on drugs.

ALL the robots, including CSZ, have absolutely devastating up close pressure.

1) Sonya
2) Mileena

I'm almost tempted to say Kenshi. I think Freddy personally has a superior zoning game to Kenshi, just that Kenshi can get people off him once they get in (which is BS), unlike Freddy who struggles a bit.

3) Reptile.... I used to hate this character with a passion. But now i've gotten used to fighting him, he isn't as bad as I previously thought. Just dont get hit by a acid ball :p People need to learn to simply walk backwards against this guy (out of elbow range naturally).