What's new

Your Top 3 Most Overrated Characters

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Sonya being overrated? Lmao I dont believe she is..Im pretty sure the community knows where she stands in this game.. All the hype I hear about her seems to be true
There are maybe 3 good Sonya players in the community, the rest just live off peoples ignorance and get away with stupid stuff. I won't even argue, you reply shows how overrated she is and how brainwashed non-Sonya players are.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
1.mileena
2.stryker
3.skarlet (shes a great char but not the big challenger to kabals throne like some hyped her up to be)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
In regards to Sonya:

Look at placing of all of the top characters:

Kabal - Wins a shitload of tournaments
Kenshi - has placed top 8 at like every major in the past year (thanks pig!)
Lao - won evo twice, gets used alllll the time
Jax - has won tons of tournaments and tons of top 8s
Cyrax - top 8s all the time between quite a few players
Cage - used all the time in top 8s, even if a lot of the time is a counterpick, I think we've seen him in top 8 at every large tournament at least once
Kitana - tons of top 8s and tournament wins

but really how often does sonya do well. Riu48 got 9th at MLG Anaheim, and Showtime got top 16 at MLG Dallas, but aside from that, when have we seen a sonya do well at recent large tournaments?

I mean it's really hard to believe that nobody is playing Sonya at a worthwhile level. With the counterpicking style that has become more popular recently, you would think that SOMEONE would be using her more if she really was top 3 or top 5.

Not to say she isn't good, but I think people overrate her way too much.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
In regards to Sonya:

Cage - used all the time in top 8s, even if a lot of the time is a counterpick, I think we've seen him in top 8 at every large tournament at least once

but really how often does sonya do well. Riu48 got 9th at MLG Anaheim, and Showtime got top 16 at MLG Dallas, but aside from that, when have we seen a sonya do well at recent large tournaments?

I mean it's really hard to believe that nobody is playing Sonya at a worthwhile level. With the counterpicking style that has become more popular recently, you would think that SOMEONE would be using her more if she really was top 3 or top 5.

If she fights against a strong zoning character she gets screwed in the ass, who is one of the best zoners in the game, Kabal? How many people play Kabal at tournaments, quite a few, it only takes one or 2 good Kabals to eliminate her from a tournament. If Kabal, Kenshi or Freddy weren't in any tournaments I think we'd see her take quite a few.

SLy

Noob
In regards to Sonya:

I see your argument though. You have your people here and there that over exaggerate but people see the potential and knows she can lie among those placings as oppose to certain characters that see the potential but know most likely could never happen. Its not that shes overrated its just shes just the most anticapated characters right at the moment. If any other character has a chance to make it in them placements its sonya imo

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
In regards to Sonya:

Showtime got top 8 with her at Raleigh as well as top 16 at Dallas. So we are basing how good characters are now just off of how many people play them? Why isn't Cage da besss?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Showtime got top 8 with her at Raleigh as well as top 16 at Dallas. So we are basing how good characters are now just off of how many people play them? Why isn't Cage da besss?
oh yeah I forgot about that

you have to remember though that he does use multiple characters

and I just think that at this point in the game, if someone really was so obviously S tier, more people would use them

I mean sonya isn't even that technical.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
oh yeah I forgot about that

you have to remember though that he does use multiple characters

and I just think that at this point in the game, if someone really was so obviously S tier, more people would use them

I mean sonya isn't even that technical.
She is more so than most, and why use a character who is more difficult to play than Cage when their good MU's compared to the bad are about the same. People don't want to take the time to learn her that don't already know her, that's it.

Reactions: SLy

Plop

Noob
About half of them have grown out of smoke.

About half of them have grown out of smoke, but seriously, is it just me or is he very popular among very new players. He's just annoying to fight in my opinion.
Yeah, pretty much everyone i know who has this game (but dont take it seriously even in the slightest) play Smoke. They just spam teleport and smoke-bomb into airthrow/uppercut.

Whenever they decide they actually wanna get good at the game they drop him though cos his BnB's are too tricky.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Wow.. Who do you play with that Kabal is overrated?
I'd rather face Kabal then Kung Lao to be honest, I don't deny Kabal is good but let's face it he's only good because of his dash cancels. Take that away and he's not a big deal. As hard as it is, he can be outzoned. Out of everyone I use, I tend to have luck with Sektor vs. Kabal. Sektor can zone very well.

gdf

Noob
Kenshi
Kung Lao
...this is harder than I thought. Everyone else downplays their character so well. lol

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
She is more so than most, and why use a character who is more difficult to play than Cage when their good MU's compared to the bad are about the same. People don't want to take the time to learn her that don't already know her, that's it.
So basically people that don't know her think she is top 3..... My point exactly.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
without saying sektor.... much to my dismay...

cyber sub, skarlet, sheeva

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
yea i can zone kabal with ermac, but cant deal with his rush due to lack of armor.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So basically people that don't know her think she is top 3..... My point exactly.
Know you play the character, so you don't see her for what she really is...ducking broken. No one is going to convince me that she is overrated. I don't think she is top three, but "Kitana tier"? GTFO with that. Nothing worse than top 5.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
yea i got blown up by some really good kabal the other day, if i kept him him out i did well. i mean how do you counter poke is weakass online lol.
just playin, kabal cool, bogus as hell, but cool.