What's new

Your Saltiest Moment in MK11?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
O GEE, I HAVE A BIG HEALTH DEFECIT. I MUST THROW AT EVERY POSSIBLE MOMENT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER TOOLS TO GET THAT LIFE LEAD BACK!! WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT POSITIONING, I JUST WANT THAT SWEET 14% CAUSE I CAN'T DO IT ANY OTHER WAY!!!! :confused:

i hate running into players that play like this.

xKMMx

Banned
Let's talk about your saltiest moments :)

I think mine may have been yesterday. I've fought a few Noobs, though not a ton, and I was fighting one and it was a close set and we were down to 10% life. I knocked him down in the corner, and I had a feeling that he was about to try something desperate on wakeup, so I decided to cross him up. As expected, he wake up Fatal'ed, and I landed completely behind him, facing the other way, about to punish. However (unbeknownst to me), due to the hitbox extending behind him, his wrong-way fatal blow connected with me -- from behind.

Then he teabagged and fatalitied me. I left the FGC and became a Fortnite player in that moment (ok not really, but that's what I felt like doing). That's my story.

Share in my salt TYM. Tell me yours :D
Dude that was me!!!
Not really but damn that's a bummer.

Guise Im super legit cus I only open people up with FOOTSIES and FUNDAMENTALS on my default xbox controller

Winning with krushing blows, throws, mix ups, baits, supers, meter, flawless blocks, wake ups, or any other mechanics is for NERDS and TRYHARDS

Now, please excuse me while I go polish my controllers left bumper that I totally never use because left bumpers are for SCRUBS
Just fatal blows are for tryhards in my opinion. I use them for cancels so I'd be lying if I said I don't truly "use" them. I wouldn't mind if they were removed though, because I don't need them. I don't think the game would suffer either. Most people don't like 50/50s on throws by the way. As a Johnny player I'm admitting his throws are cheap, because the tech window is way too small.
Is there anything about this game that you don't like? Maybe something with the story or the Towers of Time? Or do you just follow the herd?
This is the salt thread, so I don't know why you're shocked at people complaining or whining. These threads are healthy, because they keep all of our frustrations in one place so we're not at each other's throats everywhere else.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
try flawless blocking jumpins. tbh that seems like the most surefire way to deal with them, since u have till the last second to do it.
You are not the first one to say so, but it's still dumb. FB requires a 3F window and meter, while jump kicks have like a billion active frames.

I'm just not interested in putting myself through training in a game that rewards braindead gameplans, I've done so enough in MKX. If they fix anti airs and throws being better mids than mids I'll be back, otherwise I'll just play something else.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
You are not the first one to say so, but it's still dumb. FB requires a 3F window and meter, while jump kicks have like a billion active frames.

I'm just not interested in putting myself through training in a game that rewards braindead gameplans, I've done so enough in MKX. If they fix anti airs and throws being better mids than mids I'll be back, otherwise I'll just play something else.
Antiairs in mk11 are just fine. Never been better out of any mk game. Not sure what u mean with throws better then mids. Either way if you think you can get good at a game without putting effort into getting better then thats up to you. With a mindset like that ull never get better and you will always blame the game instead of yourself.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Antiairs in mk11 are just fine. Never been better out of any mk game. Not sure what u mean with throws better then mids. Either way if you think you can get good at a game without putting effort into getting better then thats up to you. With a mindset like that ull never get better and you will always blame the game instead of yourself.
You don't know what you're talking about.

I never blamed the game instead od myself before now, and I put effort in both MK9 and MKX (among other fighting games) with results in my small way.

This time I just don't think it's worth it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
O GEE, I HAVE A BIG HEALTH DEFECIT. I MUST THROW AT EVERY POSSIBLE MOMENT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER TOOLS TO GET THAT LIFE LEAD BACK!! WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT POSITIONING, I JUST WANT THAT SWEET 14% CAUSE I CAN'T DO IT ANY OTHER WAY!!!! :confused:

i hate running into players that play like this.
actual mongoloid

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
You don't know what you're talking about.

I never blamed the game instead od myself before now, and I put effort in both MK9 and MKX (among other fighting games) with results in my small way.

This time I just don't think it's worth it.
Fortnite or minecraft might be better suitable for you. And maybe i dont know what im talking about but im not crying that i cant AA, or mashing mid with minusframes and get thrown and blame it on the game saying throws prioritise everything.

xKMMx

Banned
Just fatal blows are for tryhards in my opinion. I use them for cancels so I'd be lying if I said I don't truly "use" them. I wouldn't mind if they were removed though, because I don't need them. I don't think the game would suffer either. Most people don't like 50/50s on throws by the way. As a Johnny player I'm admitting his throws are cheap, because the tech window is way too small.
Is there anything about this game that you don't like? Maybe something with the story or the Towers of Time? Or do you just follow the herd?
This is the salt thread, so I don't know why you're shocked at people complaining or whining. These threads are healthy, because they keep all of our frustrations in one place so we're not at each other's throats everywhere else.
What is a try hard?
Do you not try hard to win? I do but I have to cause I'm not good enough to win most matches with out trying hard lol.

xKMMx

Banned
They are always the ones that teabag and talk trash also.
Lol the best thing that ever happened to me in this game was this past weekend.
I had the volume down on my monitor and was practicing inputs between matches like and idiot and looking at my laptop cause I was on a video conference call with work. So anyway I accidentally picked Raiden ( a character I've never used).
He won the first match with Scorpion ...t bagged like crazy and then messaged me how trash I was and then I need to go play SFV on xbox cause MK is too advanced for me.
Took the next match almost double flawless with Jacqui and the dude rage quit.

Last edited:

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Playing against Shao Kahn. It’s not that I lose to him often, but the players are YOLO af. Throwing out random shoulders, fullscreen f2, etc.

The whole set I find myself saying things like trash, garage, waste, etc lol.
Lol I like playing against players like this I usually start laughing, I'm like "holy shit this guy is one crazy mofo" or "wtf this guy does not have a care in the world"

xKMMx

Banned
Playing against Shao Kahn. It’s not that I lose to him often, but the players are YOLO af. Throwing out random shoulders, fullscreen f2, etc.

Speaking of Shao Kahn yolo's nothing pisses me off worse than them doing d1 and then mashing out d4. I have no idea why but I cannot seem to counter poke their D1 even if I block it they still get their D4 out before my D1.
THe j3 into command grab irritates the F out of me too.

xKMMx

Banned
Lol I like playing against players like this I usually start laughing, I'm like "holy shit this guy is one crazy mofo" or "wtf this guy does not have a care in the world"
Honestly I think those guys are just auto piloting things they have done to beat other people that basically just mash out unsafe crazy shit.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah, you can kind of just wait and block and let them hang themselves, and then cash in on the benefits :)

What is a try hard?
Do you not try hard to win? I do but I have to cause I'm not good enough to win most matches with out trying hard lol.
Everybody tries hard to win sure. But "tryhards"? The hellriegel users in BF1, kd warriors gta, but in this case it's the pocket scorpions and those looking for that easy damage. The best punishes are the fatal blow punishes. When you win they know they deserved it.

stokedAF

casual kahnage

LOL THATS ME. Especially the full screen F2 and random yolo specials.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Speaking of Shao Kahn yolo's nothing pisses me off worse than them doing d1 and then mashing out d4. I have no idea why but I cannot seem to counter poke their D1 even if I block it they still get their D4 out before my D1.
THe j3 into command grab irritates the F out of me too.
That’s me too lmao.