What's new

Your MK11 Main(s) So Far?

Ceroder

Noob
Jade or Kitana. Kitana was my favourite in MKX and MK9, but Jade's new look is so cool. I want to see how Kitana looks in this game, then I will decide though. Aside from those two, its Skarlet.

1.Jade
2.Kitana
3.Skarlet

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
1. Scorpion - Seems to have some of the best combo-opportunities without depending on Crushing Blows so far
2. Skarlet - Really just super thrilled to have her in the game. Have to see if she fits my style, I don't love too much zoning.
3. Kabal - Not on my list before, but I really enjoyed what we saw. So I might give him a shot.

These aside, I'm really hoping for Rain to make it. If he's in, he'll be the first one I'll pick up.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
From what I've seen so far, Raiden looks by far the best to me. Love his costumes and his gameplay looks flashy too. I'd definitely try him out first.

And I'd never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm really liking Scorpion so far, except for the spear nerf and 'for Scorpion unusual colours' in some custom skins. Other than that, he seems cool.

Can't wait to see D'Vorah in action.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
Out of what's been shown, Scorpion looks the most interesting and cool to me. I'm definitely picking him up, no matter what.

But my main is probably gonna end up being either Liu Kang or Kung Lao, depending on how they feel to play. I usually like them the most.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Out of those 12 we haven't yet seen D'vorah, Kano and Shao Kahn in action. I probably won't play the first 2 either way. I've all but ruled out playing Scorpion, Subzero, Sonya, Geras, and Kabal based on what I've seen of their gameplay. Baraka and Skarlet are the ones that I'm really liking at the moment. They'll definitely suit me. Raiden and Jade remain options.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Definite Mains:
  • Jade
  • Raiden
  • Skarlet
  • Frost (Pending Announcement)
  • Jacqui (Pending Announcement)
  • Shang Tsung (Pending Announcement)
  • Kitana (Pending Announcement)
Secondaries:
  • Sonya
  • Sub-Zero
  • Geras
  • Shao Kahn
  • Cassie Cage (Pending Announcement)
  • Liu Kang (Pending Annoucement)
Everyone Else At This Point:
  • Kabal
  • Kano
  • Kotal
  • Baraka
  • Scorpion
  • Erron Black
  • D'Vorah
  • Kung Lao
I love the way you do these colors and creative things, but your taste in characters is just strange to me lol, D'vorah is a very creative character, same for Baraka and Kabal, but still you prefer the military bores like Jacqui and Cassie over them?

If not for that you would have gotten a like from me, just for the creativity and the colors, but I can't give a like to Cassie Cage being over D'Vorah lol. :-p

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I love the way you do these colors and creative things, but your taste in characters is just strange to me lol, D'vorah is a very creative character, same for Baraka and Kabal, but still you prefer the military bores like Jacqui and Cassie over them?

If not for that you would have gotten a like from me, just for the creativity and the colors, but I can't give a like to Cassie Cage being over D'Vorah lol. :-p
It's okay, to each their own ^^

It's not like I hate characters like Kabal and D'Vorah (I actually really like the latter), but I just prefer my listed mains and secondaries more. They just catch my interest :)

If you don't like Jacqui and/or Cassie, that's cool. It's unrealistic to expect everyone to like the same characters (that'd be boring, right?).

Thank you for the compliment, btw. I appreciate it!

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
My favorites so far out of what's available:

Sub Zero
Skarlet
Kabal
Raiden

I'm waiting for the rest if the cast to be revealed. I'm still hoping for:

Cyrax
Smoke
Noob
Reptile

I'm not positive who I'll use until the game drops all Kharacters. We don't know what moves can't be used with other moves, we don't know what moves are tourny viable/ranked/online!
We don't know what moves will be added or changed, we don't know what characters will be available or what the existing ones are capable of!

I'm going to wait till the game is released and I have half a month to 1 month lab time before casting judgments on game balance/mechsnics

Last edited:
>a dozen "mains"
>Shao Kahn insultingly, insolently, invidiously, in-ironically 'tacked on' to the butt of the list
>... and a robo-bug

When "mains" cross the thin, casual line into the realm of 'random select'...

Gamer68

Fujin!
It's hard to say who will actually be my main(s) since we haven't seen gameplay for a lot of the characters, or have even got confirmations for that matter. But if I had to give a list of characters that interest me so far:

Confirmed:
  • Scorpion: Usually don't care for him but he looks really fleshed out in this game. Love how he uses his swords and kunai a lot more.
  • Baraka: The flag mechanics interest me. Not sure if they will end up being practical, but it's definitely some of the more interesting specials in the game right now.
  • Sub-Zero: One of my all time MK favorites.
  • Kano: Don't play him much in most games, but I actually liked how he played in MKX. I'm interested in seeing what he's like in this game.
Soft-Confirmed / Rumored / Speculated:
  • Johnny Cage: Another one of my favorites. I hated how he played and looked in MKX, though. His animations just looked really weird in the game and visually he didn't look like Johnny, in my opinion. With how animations have improved in MK11 and customization options being available, I think I'll end up liking him again this time.
  • Shang Tsung: One of the few characters I think truly NEEDS to come back. Bonus points if they really did get Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa to play him.
  • Frost: Gotta represent the 3D era.
  • Jacqui Briggs: Mainly just interested in seeing what she's like and potentially maining her because of two reasons: 1) I think she can be easily improved as a character, especially if they gave her a full exo-suit or something, and 2) A lot of people get salty just thinking about her. Easy tilts = Easy wins.
Of course, depending on how the other characters play, I may end up playing someone else. Also, I doubt I will play ALL of these -- this is just a list of characters that interest and have potential to be mained or at least pocketed.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
1. Raiden so far
2. Shang Tsung probably if confirmed will take raiden's place
3. Noob Saibot if he ends up in the game will be above Raiden and Shang
4. Ermac's inevitable return in a Kombat Pack will become my main over all others

Resistible

MK fan since '92
Baraka and Kano, I play as the underdogs, the ones everyone says is nothing but a jobber. Baraka was my main in MK9, Reptile is in MKX. Kano will probably change depending on who gets revealed in these last eight weeks.