What's new

Your MK11 Main(s) So Far?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
My mains have always been:
Cyrax, Kabal, SubZero MK9, Smoke.
I'm not sure about sub su MK11 yet but I'm sure I'll mess around with him for fun.

Out of the available Kharacters listed above:
Possible Mains

1. Kabal
2. Jade
3. Scarlett
Will definitely tinker with:
4. Sub Zero
5. Raiden
6. Sonya

All in all I'm waiting for the full roster to drop before anything is set in stone. Kind of sucks we have to wait 2 weeks to get another Kombat kast related to in game characters since next is about mobile.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I’m a fun player, no online player, so I play with them all. BUT, I can’t wait to play with Skarlet, Baraka, Jade and Kabal so far. Of the none shown yet characters, I’m dying to meet D’Vorah, Erron, Noob, Rain, Kollector, Cetos, Kotal, Frost and maybe Jacqui if they change her into something new.

I won’t touch Cassie Cyrus with a stick covered in shit. I will simply ignore her existance.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I've always been a Jade loyalist and that cycle will only break if she's nerfstroyed to shitdomcome.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I'm psyched for Jade and intrigued to try out Skarlet.

If Jacqui is in, as has been speculated, I'll play her too. Obviously would love to see Sindel, Tanya, or Mileena get in as well, as those are my primary mains, but Jade has always been in that top four.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Out of the ones released so far, I only really like Raiden. He is one of my favorites in the series so I guess him!

In saying that, I think the roster is good so far as it is making lots of people happy who have been missing their favorites.

If there is no Kitana, Tanya, Mileena, Ashrah or Li Mei (I think only one will make the cut), I will probably give Jade a crack too.

MK Led

Umbasa
Skarlet is probably my first pick so far, but Baraka, Jade, Raiden and Sub all look like characters I could at least pocket main. If Kitana is in though she'll likely be my main, but who can say at this point.

They are the top2 from my top-5 favourite characters . I always played as them and I never cared for sucking tier-wise or not. :)
Fair enough. I kinda feel the same way about Noob Saibot. He has to suck some really major balls for me not to main him in MK11. But i never liked declaring for a character without seeing any footage at all.

SubZeroIce

Runway
Sub, Kabal & Jade out of what I've seen so far. I hope I can main Raiden again too but I wasn't too impressed with what I've seen.

I hope Fujin is in because I will 100% be trying to main him

vapid

cyber warlord
Raiden
Fujin
Rain
Noob
Shao Kahn
Kotal Kahn (my MKX main, along with Jax)

Possibly Shang Tsung, but it's hard to remember a lot of his moves.

Definitely Smoke, if he makes the cut.

Jade and Geras look worth a try.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Definite Mains:
  • Jade
  • Raiden
  • Skarlet
  • Frost (Pending Announcement)
  • Jacqui (Pending Announcement)
  • Shang Tsung (Pending Announcement)
  • Kitana (Pending Announcement)

Secondaries:

• Sonya
  • Sub-Zero
  • Geras
  • Shao Kahn
  • Cassie Cage (Pending Announcement)
  • Liu Kang (Pending Annoucement)
Everyone Else At This Point:
  • Kabal
  • Kano
  • Kotal
  • Baraka
  • Scorpion
  • Erron Black
  • D'Vorah
  • Kung Lao

Definite Mains:
  • Jade
  • Raiden
  • Skarlet
  • Frost (Pending Announcement)
  • Jacqui (Pending Announcement)
  • Shang Tsung (Pending Announcement)
  • Kitana (Pending Announcement)
Secondaries:
  • Sonya
  • Sub-Zero
  • Geras
  • Shao Kahn
  • Cassie Cage (Pending Announcement)
  • Liu Kang (Pending Annoucement)
Everyone Else At This Point:
  • Kabal
  • Kano
  • Kotal
  • Baraka
  • Scorpion
  • Erron Black
  • D'Vorah
  • Kung Lao
Nice coloring :)

gitblame

Noob
I really like what I saw during Jade reveal and from showcased characters she is my favorite so far. But then we saw Baraka had new moves and we don't know if other chars won't get them as well. I really liked this versions of Scoprion and Sub Zero. Espiecially Sub Zero looking super fresh. I am wating to see Kitana, Cassie and Kano. I played all 3 of them in MKX and I don't mind playing them again.

But all will be irrelevant if I get Reptile somehow. He's prioritized

vapid

cyber warlord
But all will be irrelevant if I get Reptile somehow. He's prioritized
I think Reptile's chances are good, actually. He's too much of a staple at this point, and NRS obviously enjoy changing his design. He's also very popular.

If he isn't in, I think he has a solid chance of being DLC.

It'd definitely feel weird having an MK game without Reptile...

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
1. Scorpion - Blade stance cancels and njp
2. Sub-Zero
3. Jade

I really wish we could see more confirmed competitive variations.

I don't count characters we havent seen gameplay for like Shao Khan and D'vorah

I think Reptile's chances are good, actually. He's too much of a staple at this point, and NRS obviously enjoy changing his design. He's also very popular.

If he isn't in, I think he has a solid chance of being DLC.

It'd definitely feel weird having an MK game without Reptile...
I am not sure staple characters that miss out the base roster have a chance as dlc. That could happen but somehow i am not feeling it. If i was in their shoes, i wouldnt sell characters that were in the base roster of the previous game. I think you can expect a lot of blowback from such a move.

Has this ever happend in the past? Have they ever ended up selling a base roster character as dlc in the next game? I could see it, if the character skipped a game but otherwise i think it is hard to justify.

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Has this ever happend in the past? Have they ever ended up selling a base roster character as dlc in the next game?
Yes rember Triborg. I'm almost positive there where others.

But regardless I think Reptile has a spot in the roster. Fan favorites that have been in previous titles like:

Kitana
Smoke
Noob
Mileena
Reptile

Should make the roster but I have a feeling that Kitana, Mileena, Kung Lao, Liu Kang and Reptile have a better chance.

After TER being confirmed as Geras I feel it confirms my suspicion that NRS intentionally leaked the steam achievements to catch leakers and throw us off.
I think CET and KOL are existing characters now.

I'm willing to bet we will get quite a few fan favorites and maybe 3-4 non MK characters as DLC.

I expect:

Rain
Smoke/Noob
Kitana
Mileena
Ermac (possibly)
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Shang Tsung (hopefully)
Triborg (I can only dream)

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
@LawAbidingCitizen Triborg was cool in MKX because of how it could handle the main cyborgs are variations, but he wasn't actually them.

For as much as I liked him, I don't think they should bring him back ever again honestly. I'd much rather see a new cyborg all together, maybe we could finally get Hydro?

LawAbidingCitizen

@LawAbidingCitizen Triborg was cool in MKX because of how it could handle the main cyborgs are variations, but he wasn't actually them.

For as much as I liked him, I don't think they should bring him back ever again honestly. I'd much rather see a new cyborg all together, maybe we could finally get Hydro?
Well I absolutely believe they should bring back either Triborg or Smoke, Sektor, CSZ and Cyrax individually. It makes more sense to do Triborg to save roster space but I have to admit I'd like to see them be separate once again.
I know there are many character loyalists that use Cyrax, Sektor and CyberSmoke.
How about PND K&M?

But all in all it's fine if you feel there are better options than Triborg I understand that since I'm the same but with different characters.
I didn't like Kung Jin (MKx), Hotaru, and many from the 3D era and despised Bo Rai Cho and feel like joke characters like this should take a backseat to base roster mk1-umk3 classic characters.

I am absolutely happy for Jade andand Bar fans. Jade looks dope. Just not sure if she is my style. I like setup characters like Cyrax. But I'd be relatively happy with a dark Smoke (Enenra) if you will being added to MK11 base. Noob Could be cool too but I hope there is more to the character than zoning.

Kal

<3
It's always been easy for me in MK games, always been between Mileena and Jade. Even though I have played others to a decent level, Jade and Mileena have been my main girls since their existence and I don't think that will ever change.