What's new

Your ideal roster and mechanics for MK11

IBreakemoffI

Shut Down!
I Pray to the elder gods that MK11 is set in an alternate universe where mkx universe was completely destroyed. The kombat kids should die horrible deaths and be unplayable. For the love of god get rid of the variation system. I'd much rather have more characters designed well than a bunch not well thought out. I prefer block button. Please make zoning go away or something. No burning meter to air escape combos. They are getting punished why do they get options for there mistake?

Roster! Kabal(better be mk9 on steroids due to I never having such a love for the design of the character since. NDC and just playing him just made a place in my soul for him. )Human smoke, Shang Tsung, Fujin, cyrax, sektor, cyb sub, tremor, skarlet, Sindel, Jade, Kung Lao, scor/sub, ermac, quan chi, raiden, chrome, reptile(plz don't make him look ugly af like mkx) Sonya, nightwolf, Rain. Probably many more I honestly want an mk trilogy.

Brutalities definitely back, but maybe adding in friendships. Also making the tournament mode or tournament standard to receiving NRS pot bonuses playing out the fatalities etc. this is what mk is about and being on the main stage getting fatalitied etc is almost part of the meta. It can rattle you, and directly effect your nerves. But the main thing about this is the viewers. Who are the players playing for if No one wants to watch? Fatalities etc are HYPE switching right to rematch is not. I've even seen tourneys switch to the commentators while a fatality was happening we don't want to look at you, show us the fatality. How many people buy mk just to see the fatalities? Countless!! the mk tournament scene would've done better viewer wise had we enforced this rule. I suggested this for KIT but was told everyone's tired of fatalities. I disagree and also say if you don't like fatalities maybe mortal kombat isn't for you. I appreciate the fact that I can kill the crap outta my opponent after winning. Don't want to take this for granted.

Wouldn't mind having tag back. I got pretty good at mk9 tag and really thought it's design was OD but in a good way. You had so much more to think about but also who doesn't enjoy picking two characters? Being able to switch in and out. Sick design but everything I thought was sick in mk9 didn't make it in mkx and I feel like I'm a great judge of what is bada$$ or not. (Kabal,human smoke,rain,cyrax) lol mains mk9 not there at launch.

Also I think Shang stung should get all morphs. That way when I learn every character I can Be a true mk master. And please don't try to introduce traits etc

Temetias

"MKX kid"
-Run should return but a bit toned down. Maybe have a little bigger screen and slower speed so the run wouldn't be so "in your face". Run cancels were so much fun.

-Get rid of stupid air normals (Kung lao, alien, sub zero, mileena and so on...)

-Roster I don't really care. Just make sure the classic mk characters are in. Dvorah was really nice design, would like to see her in too. Horror DLCs were cool imo.

-Variations should be a thing but maybe only have 2 of em. Every character in mkx pretty much had 2 viable variations and the third useless one. Although I liked to play around with variations no one ever used. That is a big part of the reason the game still has a lot to do.

I'd like to see it be a lot like mkx but just a bit less bonkers. Mkx is just so much fun and interesting to watch.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Id like MKX mechanics with no run, no stamina, less 50/50s, and toned up anti airs. I loved how fluid MKX felt, I just wish the offense was toned back. NO VARIATIONS!!!!

Lets assume its a starting roster of 25 characters again (yes, I'm counting Goro, he was on the damn disk smh)

1. Sub-Zero
2. Scorpion
3. Johnny Cage
4. Noob Saibot
5. Kung Lao
6. Kenshi
7. Kitana
8. Takeda
9. Cassie Cage
10. Erron Black
11. Liu Kang
12. Ermac
13. Kotal Kahn
14. Reptile
15. D'Vorah
16. Raiden
17. Tremor
18. Smoke
19. Mileena
20. Shao Kahn
21. Jax
22. Fujin
23. Shang Tsung
24. Jacqui
25. Kung Jin

So to me bums like Kano can eat shit and die, Tanya is whatever, a lot of these characters can afford to sit one out. I'm down for anything on DLC and would love to see them make a nothing character like Tremor a badass like in MKX.

As for the plot(yep I play story mode), I want dark Raiden and Scorpion with his Shirai Ryu totally just wasting everyone they don't like. I think the new good guy Scorpion and the more brutal Raiden would naturally get along, and they would go after Kotal and outworld, then like Kotal's arcade ending there would be a tournament, and maybe Raiden and Scorpion's ruthlessness would cause them to butt heads with Sub and the Lin Kuei, and the special forces who are all typically less brutal, just causing all around conflict. To me there doesn't need to be another "earth is about to get absorbed" or some shit, I think the tournament setting is more interesting. Lao would get revived by Jin like the arcade endings. The neatherrealm characters like Liu and Kitana would be shitheads and try to start shit up with Raiden, Shang would return through Ermac, the Mileena clones would attack outworld, and most importantly that hoe bag D'Vorah would die a terrible death for all the pain she put us Sub players through.

Fuck you kano is a awesome character

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I want back to block, no run just mb roll, larger stages, trait, invincible wakeups, combos after d1s, universal b/f3 and an all dc character roster

Lokheit

Noob
Ideal Roster:

At least these characters (you can complete with whatever you want):

- Sub-Zero
- Sareena
- Kenshi
- Johnny Cage
- Kung Lao
- Noob Saibot
- Sindel
- Quan Chi
- Sektor
- Jade
- Reiko

To be honest I like the mechanics of MKX as its final form (where zoning was actually very present in top tiers with Tanya, Jaqui, Sektor, Kitana, Quan Chi...), I like stamina as a resource and the way they toned armor. Probably would feature less 50/50s and I'd reduce variations to 2 as that's a number that I think can be managed by the balance team while giving variety to every character.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I will not be sad or mad if any of these doesn't happen, but I will be full of joy if the following will happen.

Mechanics:
1) Must have the Variation System again, only now with 2 Variation per character, and try to make each Variation as different as possible, unless if it's like Reptile in MKX in which the Variations are already very versatile in gameplay. Also every returning character from MKX should have one Variation that is identical to the one in MKX but with some minor tweaks (just like the returning characters for IJ2) and one Variation that is completely new. For example having Reptile get the Noxious Variation back but then bring another entirely new Variation as well.

2) Take out the run button but keep the stamina, and replace the run mechanic with the Air Escape mechanic from IJ2, and make it work that each time you do it it costs one bar of stamina (for the record i don't have a problem with the run button though).

3) Intractables should work the same as MKX.

4) Armored moves should just be like in MKX after the final patch. In other words they should be in the game, and you can have armored launchers but only if the character is using another resource like a second meter bar.

5) Meter system should work just like in MKX with Kombo Breakers and X-Rays.

6) Each character should have 2 X-Rays with each X-Ray being exclusive to one Variation, and each X-Ray must have different animation, overall damage and damage scaling, and attack properties.

7) In addition to Variation exclusive X-Rays, bring also Variation exclusive Fatalities, with each character having one universal Fatality, one stage Fatality, and one Fatality for each Variation.

8) This is not mandatory, but it will be cool if the bring the Brutalities again with each character having one or two universal Brutalities and one Brutality for each Variation.

9) Another one that isn't mandatory but will still be cool, bring back the Friendships. We didn't see them since MKT.

10) Now this one is mandatory: Keep the Block button!

As for the roster, that's the roster I would like to see considering the characters I personally wanna have and also would make sense due to the direction of the story and potential story directions due the character endings in MKX' Arcade mode, including DLC:

Returning characters:
1) Reptile
2) Scorpion
3) Sub-Zero
4) Raiden
5) Liu Kang
6) Kitana
7) Kung Lao
8) Ermac
9) Cassie Cage
10) Takeda
11) Kenshi
12) Kotal Kahn
13) D'Vorah
14) Erron Black
15) Ferra/Torr
16) Rain
17) Jade
18) Noob Saibot
19) Frost
20) Bo' Rai Cho
21) Triborg
22) Fujin
23) Nitara
24) Goro
25) Deagon
26) Taven
27) Shang Tsung
28) Quan Chi
29) Sindel
30) Havik
31) Sheeva
32) Reiko

Also have 4 newcomers, one of them should be Kano's son.

Also have 4 guest characters and two of them should be Spawn and the Joker from IJ2 (also make him fight like in IJ2 but with attack buttons that fit the MK style).

Also my ideal list of game modes will be:

1) Arcade Mode
2) Story Mode (if it's like in IJ2 that will be nice)
3) Customization mode just like in IJ2, but will only focus on the look, no stats or hidden abilities. But now you can make each Variation to look exactly the way you want
4) An MKA Konquest-like mode of which you pick a character and go in like 3-4 levels (not to many) to gain more customization pieces and other cool stuff.
5) The Krypt, just like in MKX.
6) Online modes just like in MKX (Tower Battle, Survival KOTH, and Team Battle) along with the usual stuff.

There you have it :)

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
EDIT: sorry for the wall of text, if you want to see who I think will make it in without explanation, then here you go:

1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Raiden
  4. Liu Kang
  5. Kitana
  6. Kung Lao
  7. Smoke
  8. Noob Saibot
  9. Sindel
  10. Kabal
  11. Jade
  12. Rain
  13. Fujin
  14. Tanya
  15. Kenshi
  16. Frost
  17. Li Mei
  18. Bo' Rai Cho
  19. Havik
  20. Hotaro
  21. A cyborg character (don't know who or why)
  22. Cassie Cage
  23. Jacqui Briggs
  24. Kung Jin
  25. Takeda
  26. Kotal Kahn
  27. D'Vorah
  28. Erron Black
  29. Onaga (as the boss. May or may not be playable)
As for DLC:
  1. Reiko
  2. Sareena
  3. Nightwolf or Stryker
  4. Reptile, Ermac and/or Mileena
  5. Some guests, probably Micheal Myers, Pennywise, etc
  6. Obscure characters that will make everyone rage. Probably someone like Jarek.
  7. Kintaro or Motaro as a pre-order bonus. Unrelated to the story, separate from the rest of DLC.

I would be fine with them adding in all the mechanics from MKX (like running, stamina, etc) as long as they tweak that stuff a little and add new defensive mechanics. I would love to see MK get something like a 3rd Strike parry, or really anything that can have a high skill window. I just want to see the mechanics of MK get deeper with each game.

As for the roster, while it may have a new character or two, I'm going to say that it's pretty much just going to be returning characters. I'm going to say they will probably do around 28 like Injustice 2. Let's do some of the obvious ones first

• Scorpion
  • Sub-Zero
  • Liu Kang
  • Kitana (these 2 will be the new Deadly Alliance, probably a sub-boss)
  • Raiden (evil version, probably a sub-sub-boss like Shang Tsung in MK9)
These are the classics that we know for sure will be coming back considering the story and everything. We will probably see most of the new MKX characters return also:

• Cassie
  • Jacqui
  • Kung Jin
  • Takeda
  • Kotal Kahn
  • D'Vorah
  • Erron Black
I'm going to say that Ferra/Torr will take a break, but I could be wrong. I just have a feeling that they are the type of characters that only show up in the games every now and then. I think that most of the "parents" in MKX like Johnny, Sonya, Jax, etc will be taking a break. But here are some more characters from MKX that I think will come back:

• Kenshi (they still have to explain Sento's "corruption")
  • Kung Lao (corrupted version)
  • Bo' Rai Cho (story purposes and to feel the "goofy" character role. Though I think he will be more serious this game)
  • Tanya
I think that Reptile and Ermac will be taking a break because the past few games they have only been jobbers for the story. I don't see them being of importance anytime soon and they need plenty of space for characters that weren't in MKX. I also feel that Kano and the others will be taking a break also. Keep in-mind that the characters that are taking a break could still be in the story (maybe even fightable as NPCs) or could even be future DLC, but I just don't think they will be in the main roster. We have 16 characters so far, all who are returning from MKX. The rest will be characters that weren't in MKX:

• Rain (highly requested, makes sense)
  • Fujin (same as Rain)
  • Noob Saibot (again, same)
  • Sindel (corrupted version)
  • Kabal (corrupted version)
  • Smoke (human version, corrupted)
  • Jade (she doesn't seem to be corrupted like the other characters, so maybe she was just revived?)
  • Frost (she will start some more Lin Kuei drama)
  • Li Mei (she is one of the better 3D characters and she started to come into play in MKX)
  • Havik (will probably end up just being a jobber for the story, but will feel the Neutral/Chaotic role)
  • Hotaru (same as Havik)
  • Probably a Cyborg of some kind. Could Triborg actually end up being apart of the story? Or maybe Hydro gets a chance?
  • NOTE: "Corrupted" characters will have "normal" version like what happened in MKX.
Lastly, I think Onaga will be the boss. Not sure if he will be playable though. As for DLC, they will probably do another pre-order bonus (will probably be a big guy of some kind) and another 8 DLC at LEAST. Here is what I'm hoping to see:
  • Kintaro or Motaro as DLC.
  • Reiko and Sareena. Both highly requested, and you know that they are saving these for DLC.
  • A character that was shown as one of the corrupted but didn't make it in, maybe Nightwolf or Stryker.
  • Some characters that was in MKX but didn't make it in, maybe Ermac, Reptile and/or Mileena.
  • A couple horror movie characters, probably Micheal Myers and Pennywise or something.
  • A character or two that is just impossible to guess. A slight troll character, everyone will get mad because Twitter's new favorite didn't make it in. Probably someone obscure like Jarek to take Kano's role.

Last edited:
I'd like MK11 to be somewhere in between how Mkx and Injustice 2 play, meaning 50/50s not as strong as in Mkx, but no Deadshot zoning either. Definitely a block button, it's an MK mechanic and it should never disappear. Don't know what to say about running, Mkx wasn't the only MK where you could run into your opponent's grill...Definitely no gear, but aesthetic customizations would be nice, that
also means damage back into percentages vs Injustice 2.
In terms of roster, beside the staple MK characters which should never be left out, I'd like:
Quan, Shang Tsung, Noob, Fujin, Shao Kahn, Shinnok, the Cyborgs, Jade, Smoke, Kabal, Reptile, Ermac, Nightwolf, Stryker, Motaro, Sheeva, Sindel, Baraka, Kenshi, Tanya, Tremor, Rain and Goro to be back.

Out of the MKX characters, they can bring back: Cassie, Erron Black, Takeda, D'Vorah

Basically make it similar to MK Armageddon in terms of the number of characters. Max 2 variations, but I'm also ok with no variations.

No DLC from outside of the MK lore.

I want Shang Tsung and some sort of a balanced mechanic that allows him to shapeshift into any other character in the game)

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
No variations, unless it's limited to 2 which I could I guess rock with. Cosmetic gear system like IJ2, but without the moves attached to it please. I just love the costume customization options.

Going with a base roster of 30. Sonya and Johnny retire to let Cassie shine (maybe parcel a few more of their moves to her).

Returning from MKX (18): Kitana, Mileena, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile, Ermac, D'Vorah, Cassie, Takeda, Kung Jin, Jacqui, Kotal Kahn, Tanya, Jax, Kenshi
Other returnees (8): Shang Tsung, Fujin, Kai (do something cool with him), Sareena (ditto), Rain, Sindel, Sheeva, Li Mei
New characters (4): Kano Jr., three others

DLC: Kabal, Nightwolf, Jade, Noob Saibot, whatever dumb guests WB insists upon

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
- less 50 50s and more creative character designs.
- add pushblock
- remove run but add Mb roll, make it better but make it cost half stamina and one bar
- have all jump ins have the same hitbox but different look
- all anti airs be fast except for specific character designs that shouldn't be able to anti air, such as hard zoners
- no air escape, we already have breakers
- can't decide on the variation thing. I liked the idea and didn't really have an issue with it. Maybe just 2 I guess but that just makes it so that every character plays one way or another. I'll leave that up to NRS

- GEAR!!!! Omg gear better be in the game, customizing my mains has been a highlight in injustice. Gives wayyy more purpose to single player too. (However forget abilites, remove getting the same gear and better ways to get the gear you want please. Maybe buy it if we have enough coins or something!)

- Brutals, fatals, stage fatals, babalities, friendships all to come back (i.e make it a lighter comical tone like mk should be)
- Bring the side games back (chess kombat, mortal kartbat etc)
- Classic stages!!

Hopefuls for roster
- Taven
- Shujinko (hope Cassie didn't actually kill him)
- Frost
- ma boi Erron black (and make him top tier too!)
- All the Borgs (I need me some cyrax)
-sub zero (duh)
- Noob
-Havik

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
3) make it darker aesthetically, aside from johnny cages comic relief, it should be as serious as a funeral, mature/dark etc. instead of going "over the top" with the gore, make it hyper realistic, truly as if its happening with no hyperbolic cartoonish vibe.
5) MK1 was offensive in the early 90s, but we need mk11 to be offensive in 2019- the standard has raised.
I think the humorously over the top gore and vibe is important to MK's style. I actually thought MKX was a bit too focused on realism and well, edginess, for lack of a better word. Mostly in the fatalities. It should have gore that turns stomachs but I think a more "light hearted" tone works best for the series.

Israel

Noob
-The Entire cast AND dlc consist of characters that are ALL WITHIN THE MK UNIVERSE.
-NO GUESTS FROM ANY GAME.
-Use MK9 system. Get rid of variations, run option and stamina.
*This time have 3 Players to represent each character on TYM to be the voice of the recommended changes/buffs/nerfs etc. (To NRS)

If the very slight chance of Reptile actually making the cut this time, please include his MK classic costume available at launch, and have him win at least 1 fight in the story mode...or in any mode...cut scene...or somewhere..doing something.

Last edited: