What's new

Your ideal roster and mechanics for MK11

Blade4693

VIVIVI
There are some shoe-in characters I don't need to mention, so outside of the obviously gonna be in characters I would like to see...

Shang Tsung

Noob Saibot

Drahmin (Redesigned) I know the team apparently hates him because he was a disaster back in the day but he has potential.

Havik (redesigned) MKX comics showed us this character can be awesome.

Natara (Again, redesign) NRS has gotten better with air mobility characters. She could be MK's Hawkgirl in a way.

Onaga

Kabal (I know people have nightmares of top tier Kabal but he has people that like him regardless of how strong he is in-game)

Sareena

A Cyber Lin-Kuei. Idk if Triborg will work because idk if variations are back or not but in some way I would like to see one of the cyber ninjas back.

Tasia (MKX comic version)

Maybe the Taven/Daegon bros. but they would need a full makeover. Daegon was ok but Taven needs some work to really make him stand out. I guess Blaze needs to be involved as well if they are but again, some serious creativity and love would have to be put into him to make him not lame and just flameguy trope.

I guess by this list you can see I would like to see them dig back into some of the MK characters that weren't huge hits and try to reinvent them. I look at what they did with Tremor and wonder how cool a lot of the "3D era" characters could be if made today.

I would still like to see the block button in MK11 plus the run function. These two things is how MK stands out from other fighting games.

As for finishes I would like to see Fatalities, Brutalities, and Hara-Kira to make a return. If they chucked in an Animality or Friendship I wouldn't be bothered about that either.

Chess Kobat from MKD was also excellent and should make a return.

As for story line I would like to see Kitana and Lui Kang as the Emperors of the Netherrealm, destroying anyone that threatens them. A Civil war still in Outworld with many factions fighting. Kotal and allies chasing Mileena and her clones. A Tarkatan army with a new leader to replace Baraka. Kingtaro to lead the Shokan. The good vs evil in the realm of Edenia. Plus characters from the Choas Realm Kabal & Havik causing trouble in Outworld and Earthrealm.

Plus Raiden turning more evil that the Earthrealm warriors need to destroy him. Plus a flashback of Subzero killing of the Cyber Lin Quay program.

My Character list
1. SubZero
2. Scorpion
3. Reptile
4. Ermac
5. Rain
6. Noob Saibot
7. Smoke (Human)
8. Kitana
9. Jade
10. Mileena
11. Sindel
12. Tanya
13. Liu Kang
14. Kotal Kahn
15. Kingtaro
16. Baraka's Replacement
17. Ferra (now grown up)
18. Raiden
19. Fujin
20. Takeda
21. Cassie Cage
22. Kung Jin
23. Jacqui Briggs
24. Kabal
25. Havik
26. Li Mei
27. Scarlett
28. A sorcerer( Quan Chi or Shang Tsung or a new sorcerer)
29. Kano's son
Then throw in a few new Characters.

A lot of these Charcters are personal favourites and I know many of you will have your own list.

Last edited:

Aramonde

Noob
MECHANICS
No chip death (every FG should have this from now on)

Less 50/50's

No interactables but ones in MKX wouldn't be to bad.

Keep the screen size the size it was in MKX. I hate how huge Injustice's is, the distance between characters at full screen is ridiculous.

I would like the run mechanic gone but if they want it back make it one bar and have the regen be slower.

Everyone have a great anti-airs

One command for all throw techs

Variations come back

Brutalities come back, they were the best new addition to the series and im pretty sure they'll be back.

If you're going to have vertical teleports like Quan's or Goro's dont make them so easily stuffed while they're on the way down!!! Sky Drop was a joke from day one and was never fixed!!!

CHARACTER WISH LIST

My boy Quan Chizzle
FUJIN! FUJIN! FUJIN! FUJIN! FUJIN! FUCKING DO IT ALREADY NRS!!!
Shang Tsung
Jade
Noob
Smoke (Human)
Nightwolf
Rain
Sareena
Kai
Reiko
Tremor
Drahmin (completely redesigned)
Frost
Li Mei
Nitara
Ashrah (redesigned)
Havik
Skarlet
Erron Black

ADDITIONAL FEATURES
Please NRS make players choose their character and stage BEFORE they search for games like SFV does. It would cut down time having to wait for idiots to pick their damn characters!

In tournament mode disable the option to restart the match so we can actually see Brutalities! I hated watching tournaments for MKX because everytime a player got put into a combo that would make them lose the match they would instantly restart the match (even if they had over 30% life left!). This was so jarring as you were sitting there really into the match and then within a second the match was restarted. Players in other games have to sit through long outros MKX players can sit through a quick brutality, i dont care if they don't like it.

I want them to change it up a lot compared to the MK9-I2 style gameplay, and finally scrub out a lot of the awkward elements that are hold overs from the 3D games, like the clunky combo strings and buffering.
Could you please expand on that more? What other FG would you like it to resemble?

I'd love to see Nitara. I'd main her in a heartbeat.

Jade.
Mavado
Sindel

would also be nice as well. I'd like to see MK vets make a return (MK4-MKD)

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Subby
Scorpion
Raiden
Liu
Lao
Reptile
Kitana
Mileena
Ermac
Nightwolf
Noob
Rain
Fujin
Tanya
Kenshi
Nitara
Li Mei
Havik
Ashrah
Sareena
Cassie
Jin
Jacqui
Takeda
Kotal
D'vorah
Onaga (a slimmer, more agile Onaga. And an obvious non playable boss form.)

I personally wouldnt want Raiden to be a boss. I was thinking maybe have some cultist group in Outworld worship Onaga, and they succeed in reincarnating him, and Onaga then siphons Raidens dark power or whatever and becoming so much of a threat that kotals gonna have to team up with Earthrealm and certain members of the netherrealm to stop them. Also have Noob come back to try and kill Scorpion but we get a team up of Scorpion and Kuai to bring him down.

As for mechanics, no run button, no chip kills, less 50/50s, no variations, just a base character pls. I'm sure I'm alone on this but I did like having only 3 breakers per fight. All I can think of for now

Oh and online Motor Kombat would be the shit

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
-Make it like MK9 and not Injustice 1.5 with an MK skin.
-Scrap variations.
-Make the characters big again like most other MKs.
-bring back block dash cancels.
-Remove the "flash" effect when characters are hit., it needs to look and feel brutal again.
-scrap interactables
-Make the characters jump with a flip like the older MKs.
-Add Reiko playable.
-Stricly only MK characters as DLC. Forget about the the guests period. Don't even think about Pennywise and shit like that please.

Ill add more when they come to mind I had a ton of stuff I disliked about MKX.Loved MK9.

Reactions: JDM
-Make it like MK9 and not Injustice 1.5 with an MK skin.
-Scrap variations.
-Make the characters big again like most other MKs.
-bring back block dash cancels.
-Remove the "flash" effect when characters are hit., it needs to look and feel brutal again.
-scrap interactables
-Make the characters jump with a flip like the older MKs.
-Add Reiko playable.
-Stricly only MK characters as DLC. Forget about the the guests period. Don't even think about Pennywise and shit like that please.

Ill add more when they come to mind I had a ton of stuff I disliked about MKX.Loved MK9.
1-May happen I hope not
2-may happen IDC tbh I thought they were fine in MKX
3-Won't happen it was ugly and the developper hate it
4-More work so it won't happen
5-I like the interactable in MKX they were fair and balanced so there's no reason to remove them
6-Not a big deal but uniformity is never good in a FG IMO
7-I think he is dead and he isn't a fan favorite
8-WB is their publisher they won't allow it

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Here is my wish list for MK11:

• Block Button for blocking mechanics.
  • NO GUEST CHARACTERS. MK characters only. MKX had too many of them and it diluted the experience. We need another authentic, traditional entry in the franchise.
  • Variations should return. I found them to be a wonderful addition to the MK franchise that bestowed more variety, depth, and replayability to the gameplay. I like having three per character because it does a really good job of letting the player explore vastly different sides and styles of play with their favorite characters. I am ok with less characters in general, if that's what it takes to balance out three variations per character. Also, make each variation even more distinctive by way of even more unique moves.
  • Related to the point above, while I do like the variations system a lot, I would also be ok with the three fighting styles per character system from MKDA and MKD. Clearly the big difference there is that you can switch between styles mid-match, while with variations you can't. I am not fully decided yet on whether this is a good thing or not though. From a certain point of view, it might seem like a cool feature (because you could do cool stuff like style-switch combos and the like), but it kind of takes away from the uniqueness of a variation (or style; they are really the same thing). With variations, you have to commit to one, which forces you to make a strategic choice before a battle begins, which imparts even more depth to the gameplay. Perhaps a middle of the road design choice could be three different styles per character and you can switch mid-match, however there would be some limitations on how many times and how you can switch. Maybe switching a style could cost stamina or meter or something of the sort. The point being, the player can't just use all of a character's moves across all styles willy-nilly. That would make things too easy. They would have to really think hard and make a strategic choice before they decide to expend resources and switch a style.
  • Kombat Chess (from MKD) should return. That was a really fun and unique gameplay experience in the MK franchise and I'd love to see it make a comeback. I'd like to see more magic spells and abilities and various other new gameplay elements.
  • Roster-wise, as long as there are no guest characters I am not picky. With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Fujin, Reiko, Havok, Hotaru, and Shujinko.
  • As for the story, I was reading an older interview with John Tobias lately and, in it he stated that a while back, as a point of academic exercise, he penned down a script for how he would have progressed the Mortal Kombat storyline. This was sometime after he left Midway to found his own game development company. Now, considering he was the original visionary of Mortal Kombat, as in he is the one that came up with the foundational MK lore, such as storyline, characters, the overall vibe of Mortal Kombat if you will, I would love to see his take on where the franchise should go next story wise.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Nightwolf has been my fav character forever . He would have been so fucking fancy in MKX bro I still cry over tht but anyway either him or his son DayFox would do

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
If variations come back (either 2 or 3 per character, I hope only 2), I would like to see the option of changing variation after losing a round, and the winner of the round would be locked into his variation. This change would be done without char select screen involved, just with a small selector somewhere in the screen, without breaking the tempo of the fight.

This way the loser could change strategy mid match if the current one is not working. This idea, imo, would give more sense to variation system, since (unlike in mkx where they actually worked like different characters, and you had to hold your choice the whole match) the players would have to take into account the tools of all the variations combined when facing a character, since all of them could potentially appear in the same match at some moment.

This mechanic would also encourage learning more than one variation of your character, to increase your set of tools available in every match, and be a boost for those who decide to take the path of "character loyalty" and master all variations of their favourite character.

Last edited:
I think MK11 should have powerful tools, powerful interactable and all that. But also a lot of modes of movement. Rolling, running, dashing, jumping, short hopping, and then character specific movement options too. Each different movement property could have different mechanics like rolling low profiles, running takes stamina, dashing backwards gives an invincible frame, etc.