What's new

Your ideal roster and mechanics for MK11

TamedLizard

Buff George
I don't think I'll ever understand how thick MK9 rose tinted glasses are.

If you were a fan of Raiden, Sub, Smoke, Kitana, Mileena, Shang, or Kung Lao of the original timeline, I truly don't know how you can give MK9's story a pass. All of those characters either lost a tremendous amount of depth due to retcons (Kitana/Mileena) or lost their sole identifying traits altogether (Lao/Smoke).

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Soooooo while everyone picks block button because it gives them a wider control in neutral, eliminates crossups you want to put yourself at disavantage?

lmao.
For some people it just feels more natural to block by holding back.

I prefer block buttons because I started in Soul Calibur so I got used to them

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Im pretty savy myself in FGs but im a Sagittarius lol Therefor, ill adapt, but that dont mean i do not LIKE that adaption.
I'm a Sagittarius, too. lol. If I want to be good early, I adapt as fast as possible.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
MKX story was not great compared to MK9 imo. I like inj story better then INj2. But in my opinon, MKX had the weakest story of them all. What they did with Kotal, Cassie, and most of the characters in it were Jobbers.
Again you can prefer what ever you want but all of the stories were great. And my original point to @Darth-Nero is that a lot of people do care about the story, not if you liked a certain story in a certain game or not.

And there was no "jobber" thing in the story of MKX, they always focus more on the protagonists, but none of the characters in any of the stories is a jobber, period.

Last edited:

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I would like to see Kenshi's style reflect in MK11. It was a really cool idea to be able to special cancel from a reflect. Perhaps they can put it on another character though.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Smoke, Rain, Noob, Havik, Hotaru (in full beetle armor), Li Mei, Ashrah, Nitara, Sareena. Are missing characters i'd like to return.

Kotal, D'vorah, Erron, and Takeda i'd like to see return.

I'd like to see Goro'Naga as the Boss. (4 Armed Onaga revived using Goro's body. Like it was hinted in the Comic)

More defensive options like Injustice 2, no run button and 2 Variations would be nice. Brutalities of course.

Edit: Also better skins. Redone 3D era outfits would be dope.

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
No run button. It's dumb AF.

Bring back high performance-high reward combos. None of this 20-25% bullshit after like 10 hits.

Bring in a more diverse cast.

There was NO reason Liu-Kang or Kung Lao needed to come back in X. Same goes for Jax and Sonya. You brought their kids in, why the fuck are they here? They offer nothing new.

And a GOOD story. The MKX comics were FANTASTIC, so why did the story for MKX feel so utterly forgettable? They have a whole world to play in and it just felt so small and concise. It was dull.

Do new and cool things! Ferra/Torr was such a cool concept! Why don't we see more cool Kharacters like that?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
For some people it just feels more natural to block by holding back.

I prefer block buttons because I started in Soul Calibur so I got used to them
There is a reason why MK has a block button
teleports happens on a blink of an eye, some projectiles can be controlled at will like when to stop and when to move, to travel slower than the walkspeed of a certain character etc.

And everything is much fast paced compared to the rest of other games, wanting a b2b option which no one will ever use is just putting yourself at big disvantage, you're pretty much giving your own game crossups while one one else has, force yourself into block setups and unblockables situations because you want to hold back just because it feels natural.

While everyone else will eliminate all the guessing game at the cost of one button, some of these request are hilariously unreasonable.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I want them to change it up a lot compared to the MK9-I2 style gameplay, and finally scrub out a lot of the awkward elements that are hold overs from the 3D games, like the clunky combo strings and buffering.

A whole lot else, but I'm too lazy to get into it.

I don't really care about roster, the characters I care about will make it in.

Just ignore all the crappy MKDA-MKA characters and we should be good.

I didn't like the MKX kids but they're likely coming back. I'd like Noob Saibot and Shang Tsung to come back. Tremor on the main roster would be cool too. And Sub will be there anyway :D

I wouldn't mind run button going away, jump ins and 50/50 should be toned down compared to MKX. I wasn't a fan of variation system but if they make 2 variations that actually complement each other that would be pretty good.
Ugh, I hated the whole "family" roster concept. It's just weird. For me it adds an unwarranted "wholesomeness" feel to the mk universe and its just... unfitting. Im afraid if they really wanted to follow up with this concept next thing you know mk11 it's another 10 years later and we have 10 year olds decapitating each other. "Family Hunger Games Kombat?" ... Well I mean... if the netcode and gameplay were incredible, then...

Mechanics wise I want a mix of mk9 and latest patch mkx. Instant dash-block canceling (no run mechanic), mk9s block stun design (I'm used to this next gen "clunky" block stun but it's no more helpful when it comes to confirms imo as opposed to mk9s smoother feel), no armored launchers (i think NRS are done with them for good so cudos), mkx's OKI system (I prefer armor instead of granting everyone invincibility), greater focus on spacing and staggers with less 5050s, and lastly, and personally my biggest pet peeve, I want mk9s character sizes and models back. No, I'm not talking about pertruding tits so big they look like they're going to implode. For me, there was a palpable difference enjoying MK9's larger character models compared to mkx, it added greater depth to the characters. A greater appreciation for every life-like punch and kick, combos and general gameplay, character costumes (and gear?!?), lean warrior bodies, unique fighting stances, ect.

Roster:

Mk1-mk9 dlc whatever

Last edited:

TamedLizard

Buff George
Shang Tsung and Quan chi please. Not as a duo, but they just be in the game.
God no. Let Quan have a seat for a while. I'll be fine just fondly remembering his refreshing MKX iteration for a game or two.

And ideally, Sonya and Erron's endings become canon. Kombat kids can get rekt. Kotal, D'Vorah, and Erron are the only new characters that are worth a second appearance imo.

Last edited:
This is what i would love to see

LIST FORM
1 Sub-Zero
2 Scorpion
3 Rain
4 Noob Saibot
5 Smoke
6 Kitana
7 Jade
8 Mileena
9 Sindel
10 Sheeva
11 Cassie Cage
12 D'Vorah
13 Nitara
14 Raiden
15 Fujin
16 Liu Kang
17 Kung Lao
18 Shang Tsung
19 Kotal Kahn
20 Erron Black
21 Kung Jin
22 Takeda
23 Kabal
24 Havik
25 Reiko
26 Nightwolf
27 Cyrax
28 Baraka
29 Motaro
30 Goro

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I would like a mk Deception/mk9 style. No mkxl done with that but the desgins were cool.

But bring back the dank and darkness.
The OG music and stages. Or a juke box like Tekken.

Bring back the whole cast. I... No.

We deserve a new Trilogy!!!

9_Lives

Noob
More well rounded playstyles. Say what you will about mk9, the top 6 represented actual distinctive strategies with Kabal Kenshi and Freddy all being great zoners, Cyrax with setups (didn't care for the TOD though) then Kung Lao and Sonya with the rush down.

I got bored watching mkx because nearly every viable character was just dripping with 5050s, crazy mobility and plus frames. Ugh I like watching Injustice way more just because of that. xD

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I want MK11 to have a fuckton of finishers. MKX already had a lot with the Brutalities, but more's always welcome.
What I would like to see, per character, is: 3 Fatalities, 5 Brutalities, Friendship, Harakiri, Stage Fatality, Stage Brutality, and Animality as a super secret Krypt unlock (DLC could work too I guess)

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
There is a reason why MK has a block button
teleports happens on a blink of an eye, some projectiles can be controlled at will like when to stop and when to move, to travel slower than the walkspeed of a certain character etc.
I think you might be getting this backwards. Fast teleports, controllable projectiles and powerful air normals are there because already established block button mech allows designers to get away with that. If an abstract MK game was going to have b2b, frame data and other elements of move design would follow, not vica versa.

Then again, there's, say, GG. It has all that shit, but also crazy air mobility, then some more to top that, then makes it all happen even faster... And it uses b2b. And still feels more fair when it comes to opening people up than freaking MKX.

People bitch a lot about 50/50, chip damage, plus frames, shit AAs in MKX... And then demand block button.
Wake up, folks. The latter begets all of the former.

If you were a fan of Raiden, Sub, Smoke, Kitana, Mileena, Shang, or Kung Lao of the original timeline, I truly don't know how you can give MK9's story a pass.
Well, as a fan of Raiden... He wasn't hit that bad, but then again, he got all the screen time a FG character could hope for in a single game. He's different, but at least wasn't reduced to basically ineffectual cameo (o hai Mileena).

As for people giving him shit for being flawed... I mean, one could argue flaws make a character.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
MKDA/MKD/MKX aesthetic minus the millennial douchebag characters.

-Manipulatable forward dashes instead of an all-out run function.

-Stamina bar tied to invincible back-dashes and dash-cancelling certain charge specials (FBDC instead of FBRC).

-Focus on balancing the range/function of normals and strings. Something like Kotal's f1,2 should be your long range normal/string. Not Jason b1,2,1 or Tremor f1,2,1 or Sub's b2/1,2.

Also jump attacks shouldn't reach as far as Kotal's Ji1 (horizontal) or Takeda's NJP (vertical).

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think you might be getting this backwards. Fast teleports, controllable projectiles and powerful air normals are there because already established block button.
Of course its not vise-versa, the block button give them this kind of freedom so they make the game as fast they want, did i said otherwise? lol