What's new

Your ideal roster and mechanics for MK11

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I don't have much of an opinion on mechanics, but I would prefer to see some sort of return of the variation system. A two variation system would probably be more pragmatic than sticking with the three.

I happened to like that the series has some age awareness and let time pass. It hasn't frozen in time for 20-30 years, which is refreshing. I happen to like a lot of the new characters and if Cassie isn't back, that's going to be a big problem for me.

I have a few characters I'd personally like to see that I don't really expect others to agree with like Li Mei, and Frost off the top of my head. D'Vorah was a big deal for me in MKX, but I'm not sure how that works with the being dead but then that's a lot of the characters. Out of historic, mainstream characters I'd like to see Sindel return proper. It sucked she was in but not in MKX. I really wasn't a fan of the teaser character stuff. I somehow managed to skip any title this Fujin guy has been in, so I'm kind of ready to just see the guy show up. I'm otherwise pretty flexible on the roster.

-No variations
-No run mechanic
-Tone down the armored specials
-Bring back brutalities
-Give Johnny a low and overhead starter:DOGE
-Have Scorpion sit the bench on this one;)

That's about it for me! Lol, I understand the hype for a new MK game but it's too early for me personally. I2 is too good.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Roster wise if Kenshi, Johnny Cage, and Fujin are in that's really all I care too much about.

As for mechanics, slow the game down to where it's still fast paced, but not as fast paced as MKX. Variations can go bye bye. Fuck those things. Generally just fix all the stuff people complained about in MKX. Jump attacks, 50/50s, defense, run button, etc.

What I want-

1) the speed and roster size of MKT
2) bring back the run button design, and back to tech throw system, make them yell when the run again too
3) make it darker aesthetically, aside from johnny cages comic relief, it should be as serious as a funeral, mature/dark etc. instead of going "over the top" with the gore, make it hyper realistic, truly as if its happening with no hyperbolic cartoonish vibe.
4) satanic/evil imagery, maybe have satan be a character
5) MK1 was offensive in the early 90s, but we need mk11 to be offensive in 2019- the standard has raised.
6) more creative interactables (the hall of justice in inj1 has some)
7) half of the roster should be the male ninjas/cyborgs
8) instead of lobbies, customized avatar players freely roam in a MK sandbox and you meet other people and squad up in teams or challenge them to a game
9) Shazam for dlc to make up for 2 mk chars in Inj2

Noob
Non Horror DLC and No Injustice 2 DLC. We MK fans had tolerated enough b***** DLC. If they include any Injustice DLC... It will "taint" Injustice image because those chars can't handle gore... And no more Horror DLC because... They will be downplayed horribly like Jason and Alien... and They don't really fit the MK design.
WB don't care.

They will continue with DLC character's that will bring in the most $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Nariman

Noob
- No Newcomer
- Bring back Jade, Fujin and Reiko
- Return of the Chess Kombat
- Bring back traditinal Costumes but this time with shaders.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Mechanisms

X-Ray and Breakers like how MKx and MK9 worked. I think meter management is one of the strongest aspects of the NRS games.

I would like the RUN BUTTON from MKx to be removed, I hated that. Though I thought the "stamina" idea was cool how it effected gameplay when depleted. Some other application of that idea that dose not have a run system would be cool. In a way the "trait" system in injustice is kind of like Stamina.. not saying it should be like that but just an example how the "stamina idea" can be developed in different ways without a "run mechanism".

Also I would like to see a return of Brutalities, but somehow make them more dynamic so you do not see the same ones all the time.

I would also like the return of Stage Fatalities (I know we had 1 in DLC with the pit in MKx) and I would also like to see "TROLL / PROPS" fatalities as well, like Babalities and Friendships and the like... not necessarily them but basically have a Fatalites for "You Suck", "Your Awesome" and "Classic Finish Them" style, as well as Stage Fatalities and Brutalities.

I think some kind of VISUAL ONLY version of the gear system would be awesome. MK has always suffered from lack of cosmetic costumes. Either make a ton of Skins or have some kind of gear system like IJ2 but only for the look.

Also some version of the MKx Variation System. My personal preference would be a cross between the variation system and the Gear System. Like say in Street Fighter vs SNK, on character select you can select a few options that change your characters moves or normals or something. This is what I thought the gear system in IJ2 was going to be and I still think it would be awesome in MKx and in competitive play. So basically a more dynamic and custom style variation system. I still think if done right it can be a simple selection at character select and not slow down events at all.

Some consideration for tournament organisers. Simply putting into the options a way to set thing in the setting as permanently would solve many problems. Need lowered health bars, or have tournament mode on with random costumes and maybe a gamma setting.. have someway to set that so it will automatically recall those settings even after reset or powering down of the console.

Also I would love to see a tournament system in the vs menu, like a King of the Hill but the game has actual brackets and stuff.

Finally I think ranked HAS to be BO5.

Roster

I have zero interest in story mode, I mean I play it and it is fun but I do not want story mode to affect the roster at all. I would rather a confusing and crazy story mode and still have "dead" characters back and playable than not have them.. So this list is just characters based and has nothing to do with how the story is going.

The Auto Includes : Sub, Scorpion, Radian, Liu Kang
The Regulars : Cage, Sonya, Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Kano
Return of the New Blood : Cassie, Kotal Khan, DeVorh, Scarlet
The "Missing" : Noob, Baraka, Sindel, Fujin, Jade, Shang Tsung, Kabal
The Obscure : Ashrah, Nitara, Motaro (I do not care, make it work somehow!)
New : 5 new characters never seen before.

That is 29 I think.. MKx had 29 by end of the games life.

NOTE: I think there should be ZERO GUESTS. MK is deep enough that you can add new characters and choose old ones and never EVER need non-cannon characters. Still if you have to have guests, these are my choices.

Acceptable Guests : Archer, Ash Williams, Snake Plissken, Dr Jekyll / Mr Hyde, The Wolfman.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
A roaster with no guests and that makes sense in the remake of the deadly alliace, just with Liu Kang in Quan's place.

I'd like dash cancels like in MK9, possibly with better backdashes this time around. More footsies and staggers, less 50/50s and no interactibles. I'd like variations to be back.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
What I want-

1) the speed and roster size of MKT
2) bring back the run button design, and back to tech throw system, make them yell when the run again too
3) make it darker aesthetically, aside from johnny cages comic relief, it should be as serious as a funeral, mature/dark etc. instead of going "over the top" with the gore, make it hyper realistic, truly as if its happening with no hyperbolic cartoonish vibe.
4) satanic/evil imagery, maybe have satan be a character
5) MK1 was offensive in the early 90s, but we need mk11 to be offensive in 2019- the standard has raised.
6) more creative interactables (the hall of justice in inj1 has some)
7) half of the roster should be the male ninjas/cyborgs
8) instead of lobbies, customized avatar players freely roam in a MK sandbox and you meet other people and squad up in teams or challenge them to a game
9) Shazam for dlc to make up for 2 mk chars in Inj2

U wot m8

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
Just put TANYA in the new game and I wont care about the rest of the roster. I can accept Shujinko as well, because MKD was a pure treasure.

Last edited:
I would like the mechanics to be like MK9's. Dash cancels, good walkspeeda across the board, good AAs accross the board, footsie based. No armored launchers from MKX, no stamina bar, no run, no stupid air normals, I don't want more than half the roster to have safe 50/50's.

Roster wise I just want Ashrah, Sindel, Kitana, Mileena, Skarlet and Nitara.
They hated the dash cancels and it looked goofy

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
"Acceptable Guests : Archer, Ash Williams, Snake Plissken, Dr Jekyll / Mr Hyde, The Wolfman."

Thx 4 the lulz

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
"Acceptable Guests : Archer, Ash Williams, Snake Plissken, Dr Jekyll / Mr Hyde, The Wolfman."

Thx 4 the lulz
the point I made was that ALL guest characters suck and should never be in the game so I just listed some tv shows and films I personally liked. As that is all guest chars are.. none of them have any value beyond who ever makes the decision liking the other guests IP.