What's new

Your Hype Level At The Reveal And Now

Burn2019

Noob
That is super sad.. Back in the day the female 'ninjas' personality was little more than woman in skimpy [insert color] clothing. I fail to see how these current designs are some sign of NRS conforming to the SJW agenda. They started taking their characters more seriously in MKX by giving them more practical outfits. They are just continuing that trend and to me it makes a lot of sense.

The female characters in MK11 are still attractive, without having to dress like strippers. On top of that, NRS is giving them all much more personality than they ever had with intros/outros and their special moves having a lot of personal touches. If you truly love these characters, you should appreciate what NRS is doing. If the amount of visible skin is more important to you than everything above, you really need to grow up.
Design consistency IS important to me, and the “evidence” of SJW pandering is the intentional hard swerve from the designs of the last 25 years. Calling these outfits anything along the lines of “realistic” or “practical” is asinine when you remember a) the males are frequently buff and shirtless ESPECIALLY the Outworlders and b) this is a game that has ghosts, magic, gods, sorcerers, and aliens.

Burn2019

Noob
How is it unattractive? The women look amazing! Tbh giving up on MK bc of no women showing skin is incel logic, yes they used to show skin before, but it was never really important that they did.
You’re not reading my post, but as soon as you said “incel logic” I realised discussion is worthless.

Burn2019

Noob
Do you seriously not understand the difference in tone between your two answers? And she's nothing of the sort.

I've defended you in the past, but you deserve everything you get now.
Then once again, we find ourselves in simple disagreement.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Skarlet is literally a Zoner incarnate. Was planning on using her as my first "Keep Away" character.

Also Jade has many Zone-heavy moves, and many characters can be given extra zoner potential.
I see your point, however the kind of zoning that Skarlet seems to have is not what I'm looking for, and also I wouldn't say she is a dedicated zoner. Will see when the full game is available, but at this point it looks like the game does not promote zoning as a single playstyle, it's more like mix of styles.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
Reveal 1/10
I HATED the interface, compared to MKX
The characters (Except for Scorpion) looked horrendous (Especially Shinnok's fat face in the Story Mode)
The gameplay seemed really bad compared to MKX's aggressive approach (I mean the slow pace by that)
No hype for the reveal build characters AT ALL
The characters' enlarged animated portraits in the character select screen made my eyes bleed like a waterfall (However it's something tolerable)

Now 7/10
I still don't like the roster (and I don't have to like it, but I find Cary Tagawa portraying Shang Tsung a very quality move by NRS,)
The number of stages (That's very good)
During the stress test, my worries about the gameplay are relieved
I really like Liu Kang's appearance overall (especially the fatal blow)
I don't like Kronika's absence in the roster (I hope she will be eventually playable)
NRS' cooperation with the players in terms of making the gameplay more stable
I intend to add something more after the Closed Beta

Last edited:

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
I see your point, however the kind of zoning that Skarlet seems to have is not what I'm looking for, and also I wouldn't say she is a dedicated zoner. Will see when the full game is available, but at this point it looks like the game does not promote zoning as a single playstyle, it's more like mix of styles.
If you're looking for a character that is solely zoning I don't think that's going to happen. I don't even understand why you would want that to exist.

Moreover, Skarlet is a space monster I don't understand what else you're looking for tbh. Full Auto Jacqui? No neutrals, 1, 2, 3, 4 are all fireballs?

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Originally I was quite concerned about the number of changes as much as the changes themselves. It seemed to be a reimagining of the series which they’ve definitely earned the right to try, but were still clearly playing with. Since then, they seemed to split the difference between the reveal build and traditional gameplay. This has worked very well thus far from what I can tell. My current opinion is they found a way to keep the best parts of 9 & X while removing the bad parts. They’ve also introduced new mechanics that run in parallel. And tho I don’t like FBs, if there has to be a way to get those flashy animations in tournament play then I think the method they chose works. It’d be nice if it was only available on your last life bar, but I can live w it.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I went through like 3 stages.

Reveal - Hype af, seeing Baraka and Skarlet was super exciting

Somewhere in the middle when we weren't getting as many reveals and we got Kano and Johnny back to back I was getting a little meh on the roster, though still excited since I had Shao, Kabal, and Baraka

Post-Stress test/Current - HYPE AF 10/10. I loved how the game played and at that point was sold no matter how the roster turned out, then they went and revealed Noob and Shang and im at maximum hype levels.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
My hype has dropped over time as every female reveal has showed NRS pandering to the social justice clique. While MK9 certainly went too far in some ways (Sonya’s outfits, Jade pole spinning) the Outworld girls looked consistent to before. Now all the women are covered head to toe, it’s jarring AND boring.

Currently still have the game pre-ordered as the other guys look amazing, and my partner wants this game too, but with this fucking abominable decision I’ve already decided MK11 will be my last one after playing since ‘93. NRS have alienated a long term fan.
I actually agree that they should make additional MK traditional style female outfits.
I disagree that it has anything to do with SJWs. They honestly don't have that much pull. WB on the other hand does but without WB we wouldn't have MK 26 years later.
I seriously don't understand why you would quit playing Mortal Kombat just because the females where covered up. I don't like it either and think it's a little one sided but it certainly wouldn't stop me from playing Injustice 3, Mortal Kombat 12, Injustice 4 & Mortal Kombat 13 in the future.
I personally think it's crappy they are covering up females from head to toe and reducing breast size. But despite me not liking that change, the characters and graphics are looking better than they ever have.

If more cloths is the catalyst to leave, I simply don't understand.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Ok, so some people seem to believe I can only be negative, and only have things I hate on this game, and that I hate the entire game.

Well let me prove your wrong by posting ALL the +'s of Mortal Kombat 11 which hype me up.

+ I really LOVE most of the fatalities in this game, they are gory, creative for the most part, and even the characters I don't really care about have lovely and gruesome fatalities (looking at you Sonya), the ending of the fatalities is also a very cool new feature, with the slowing of time, awesome.

+ The game is BEAUTIFUL, I can't stop watching repeative fights on youtube, just because it is so freaking beautiful.

+ There are actually quite a lot characters that I love in this game and on which I rarely or never have complained, Noob Saibot = master, Skarlet = bloody hell, Baraka = nice to see you back boy, Kano = magnetic, Kabal = awesome, Jade = nostalgic, Kotal = enchanting, Johnny = better than ever, Liu already looks like lots of fun with his dragon stuff, then I can't wait for Frost, Kollector and Cetrion to be revealed, they probably join this group.

+ I love the intro's in this game, and that you can choose them, how awesome is that? A wish come true.

+ I love that you can customize your gear, change your abilities, and change your appearance, most of the models spare for a few (but I won't complain in this post) are really beautiful and awesome! I don't like the colors on some characters though, wish they would have gone with colors that suit the characters.

+ The winning poses look freaking amazing! They give the characters so much more character and spirit! Love it!

+ Fatal Blows are awesome, and I love the small little x-rays through the moves.

+ YES, brutalities are back, they were one of my ultimate favorite feature in MKX, they are all the old classic fatalities in a bottle for you to do NEXT to the original fatalities, really awesome!

+ Conversations at the start of battle, I'm really freaking happy to see them back, they are the new best thing in any Mortal Kombat game! Can't get enough of them! Can't wait to hear them all and what some characters have to say to each other.

+ Crypt, YES. LOVE. PURE.

+ Those towers seem like a LOT of fun, can't wait to climb them all!

I probably forget a lot even, but as you can see, I have also a lot of reasons I love this game.

The only problems I mostly have are with Story-Mode, which is a bummer, because I love MK's story.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
If you're looking for a character that is solely zoning I don't think that's going to happen. I don't even understand why you would want that to exist.

Moreover, Skarlet is a space monster I don't understand what else you're looking for tbh. Full Auto Jacqui? No neutrals, 1, 2, 3, 4 are all fireballs?
Well, characters that are solely pressure and up close combat not only exist, but are numerous. I don't see why the other side of the spectrum should not exist. The dedicated zoners are always a minority, but that's one thing, and not existing is a very different story.

Kenshi type of zoning, for example?

Last edited:

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
Ok, so some people seem to believe I can only be negative, and only have things I hate on this game, and that I hate the entire game.

Well let me prove your wrong by posting ALL the +'s of Mortal Kombat 11 which hype me up.

+ I really LOVE most of the fatalities in this game, they are gory, creative for the most part, and even the characters I don't really care about have lovely and gruesome fatalities (looking at you Sonya), the ending of the fatalities is also a very cool new feature, with the slowing of time, awesome.

+ The game is BEAUTIFUL, I can't stop watching repeative fights on youtube, just because it is so freaking beautiful.

+ There are actually quite a lot characters that I love in this game and on which I rarely or never have complained, Noob Saibot = master, Skarlet = bloody hell, Baraka = nice to see you back boy, Kano = magnetic, Kabal = awesome, Jade = nostalgic, Kotal = enchanting, Johnny = better than ever, Liu already looks like lots of fun with his dragon stuff, then I can't wait for Frost, Kollector and Cetrion to be revealed, they probably join this group.

+ I love the intro's in this game, and that you can choose them, how awesome is that? A wish come true.

+ I love that you can customize your gear, change your abilities, and change your appearance, most of the models spare for a few (but I won't complain in this post) are really beautiful and awesome! I don't like the colors on some characters though, wish they would have gone with colors that suit the characters.

+ The winning poses look freaking amazing! They give the characters so much more character and spirit! Love it!

+ Fatal Blows are awesome, and I love the small little x-rays through the moves.

+ YES, brutalities are back, they were one of my ultimate favorite feature in MKX, they are all the old classic fatalities in a bottle for you to do NEXT to the original fatalities, really awesome!

+ Conversations at the start of battle, I'm really freaking happy to see them back, they are the new best thing in any Mortal Kombat game! Can't get enough of them! Can't wait to hear them all and what some characters have to say to each other.

I probably forget a lot even, but as you can see, I have also a lot of reasons I love this game.

The only problems I mostly have are with Story-Mode, which is a bummer, because I love MK's story.
I mean, you should be free to express what you think without taking anyone's comment into consideration, just ignore them

LawAbidingCitizen

I think it's mostly that your name is an insult to a very beloved character and that when you do speak it's usually to express discontent with a character, move or mechanic. I personally don't have anything against you and know all of us have commonality that we all love Mortal Kombat.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I'm still hype! but bummed at the same time.

All these new reveals, showing charcters that are coming, and we get a beta with none of them.

I want to play Liu Kang, Shao Kahn, Kung Lao, and Jax THIS WEEKEND, but that's not happening.

:(

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Isn't that what zoning is? Space control, utilizing your projectiles to occupy the space your opponent is about to be in?
Right - isn't that exactly what I'm saying? He's saying Skarlet isn't what he's looking for, I'm saying Skarlet is pretty much a pure zoner here, or as pure as you're going to get. The whole character, between her strings and her three different projectiles, is about controlling space.

Also, I'm no Kenshi main from MKX, in fact I barely played him at all, but isn't he similar to Skarlet?

In MKX, I only played:
- Ermac
- Reptile
- Smoke
- Cyber subzero
- Sonya (demo)

And.. my hype was 10/10 @ reveal, imagine if only ONE of my characters would be announced...

The only thing that kinda disappointed me, is the return of stupid inputs like d b f command throws

LawAbidingCitizen

Right - isn't that exactly what I'm saying? He's saying Skarlet isn't what he's looking for, I'm saying Skarlet is pretty much a pure zoner here, or as pure as you're going to get. The whole character, between her strings and her three different projectiles, is about controlling space.

Also, I'm no Kenshi main from MKX, in fact I barely played him at all, but isn't he similar to Skarlet?
Yeah I'd say kenshi is similar in design aside from DoT damage and restands and her specials being faster on recovery. She also has better normals.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Business that pander - I mean, chase- the supposedly “untapped market” of the social justice crowd are beneath my contempt. Many of these ventures suffer the true and tested “go woke, go broke” mantra- look at Battlefield V and Dead or Alive 6.

Now I think MK11 will do well, because sex appeal is not the series’ primary factor; but NRS are certainly alienating some fans with this blatant shift in design, it’s unattractive, it’s contrary to their own 25-year history of design for the Outworld females, and yes- it’s enough to make me say “you’ve lost me. You’ve alienated a fan since ‘93.”
I don’t have a problem with the costumes so far but I see what you are saying. I think you are exaggerating with this particular game but you have a point. It’s kind of weird when people say they covering their characters up from head to toe to respect women when certain places around the world do that and have have little to no respect for women lol. They are basically slaves.

I don’t see how you can be this way and then turn around talking about “body positivity” and “slut shaming”. People openly contradict themselves with a straight face on a daily basis. Their principles blow with the wind. I decided long ago to just ignore these people. It’s just too ignorant to try and rationalize.