What's new

Your Hype Level At The Reveal And Now

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
At reveal, about 9/10.

Now, something around 7 or less, due to mechanics, roster and Kenshi not coming back. Also, I'm interested in zoning and so far I haven't seen dedicated zoners in this game, maybe with the exception of noob, a character whose background and design never interested me.

I'm looking forward to see the surprises from the single player modes.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Yesterday it was hype 9/10

Now it is 5/10 after seeing the new trailer, jax and that strange model for Kitana... her fan looks like a item from zelda the wind maker lol..

Hopefully the kollector, cetrion or frost can get my hype level up again.
So....the look of Kitana's fan (which will clearly be customizable) has taken you from a 9/10 to a 5/10.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
My hype has dropped over time as every female reveal has showed NRS pandering to the social justice clique. While MK9 certainly went too far in some ways (Sonya’s outfits, Jade pole spinning) the Outworld girls looked consistent to before. Now all the women are covered head to toe, it’s jarring AND boring.

Currently still have the game pre-ordered as the other guys look amazing, and my partner wants this game too, but with this fucking abominable decision I’ve already decided MK11 will be my last one after playing since ‘93. NRS have alienated a long term fan.
Billy D is that you?:DOGE

FGs are about mechanics first, poser. Get outta here.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
So....the look of Kitana's fan (which will clearly be customizable) has taken you from a 9/10 to a 5/10.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Can't you read?

The entire TRAILER, Music, Special forces overflow, Jax, Kitana's change, everything about that trailer made my hype go lower.

And can't you people just let have people have other opinions than yourself? Toxic waste. Damn.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
MK is my favorite game series of all time even through the dark times even through MKvsDCU even through... MK Special Forces. Not a big fan of Injustice though as except for Batman I'm not a big DC guy and the gameplay is too garbage even for my NRS love. I want to support and like them I just... can't. That established:

Pre-Reveal: I was stoked about a new MK. During reveal the slower pace, lack of combos, and seeing Scorpion's Spear get nerfed to play like in Injustice, I felt depressed and sick but the other things I saw/read about gave me some hope. SHAO KAHN PREORDER! Baraka doesn't suck! Lol.

Post-Reveal to Pre-Stress Test: I was steadily rebuilding my hype but nervous about my favorites and how they would be.

Post-Stress Test: Getting my hands on the game for myself was a blessing. Any fears of it playing like Injustice are Krushing Blowed and Toasty Brutalitied into well deserved oblivion. Still not sold on the change to the Spear as it's just NOT a good or useful special in current state. AMP TP did more damage as a combo extender even when done twice as opposed to using a bar to AMP weak spear move that had situational uses but not for damage, lol. Now ultra hyped. Scorp is unsafe and will probably be mid to low tier without misery blade but Johnny looks awesome. Kano is great. Cassie I dislike the drone being main focus. I need more physical fighting less toys. Personal taste only for sure. NOOB and TSUNG! I NEED NEED Kitana gameplay ASAP!! My hype is too high now to calculate, lol.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I dunno, I guess I’ve been a solid 6-7/10 since the reveal. I think the game looks amazing, and it’s so fun to play, but it’s hard to be super excited when your favorite characters haven’t really been shown yet. Hell, I’m interested in Skarlet/Jade, but they’re more like tertiary characters for me.

I’d like to see more stages too, not all of them, but more variety than the Desert Command and ST’s Island stage would be nice. Hopefully they keep bringing in new ones for the future Kombat Kasts.

And we still don’t know how tournament play is going to work (unless I missed something).

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Can't you read?

The entire TRAILER, Music, Special forces overflow, Jax, Kitana's change, everything about that trailer made my hype go lower.

And can't you people just let have people have other opinions than yourself? Toxic waste. Damn.
If anything is toxic here, it's you. Every post is negative. Considering how amazing this game looks, it's so incredibly frustrating to see over and over.

Also, if you didn't like that trailer, you might not like MK at all.

Cassie Cyrus

So if I don't like rap music special forces trailers I don't like MK? Get out. Toxic waste.

At least I have a reason to be toxic, what is your excuse teddybear?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
At the reveal 10/10

Now still 10/10

Regardless of you fake fans, haters, nit-pickers who just find things to get mad about, heed Uncle JBeezY's words. I said it once and I'll say it again MK11 will be the BEST fighting game of 2019. Be prepared because YOU'RE NEXT

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I'm super hype and the style of the recent video has been my most favorite yet. Loved the new school vs old school theme, the edits, the music, all really well done and really hype.

I'm still holding out for the Frost reveal and possible Mileena reveal as they're currently my most anticipated characters. Not much longer now though!

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
At reveal, about 9/10.

Now, something around 7 or less, due to mechanics, roster and Kenshi not coming back. Also, I'm interested in zoning and so far I haven't seen dedicated zoners in this game, maybe with the exception of noob, a character whose background and design never interested me.

I'm looking forward to see the surprises from the single player modes.

Skarlet is literally a Zoner incarnate. Was planning on using her as my first "Keep Away" character.

Also Jade has many Zone-heavy moves, and many characters can be given extra zoner potential.

Hype Level Scorpion: 7/10
Hype Level Sub-Zero: 5/10
Hype Level Baraka: 9/10
Hype Level Skarlet: 10/10
Hype Level Sonya Blade: 2/10
Hype Level Kabal: 10/10
Hype Level Jade: 9/10
Hype Level Jhonny Cage: 8/10
Hype Level Cassie Cringe: 2/10
Hype Level Kano: 7/10
Hype Level Noob Saibot: 100000/10
Hype Level Jax: 1/10
Hype Level Jacqui: 8/10
Hype Level D'Vorah: 10/10
Hype Level Erron: 9/10
Hype Level Kollector: 11/10
Hype Level Frost: 11/10
Hype Level Kitana Negative1000000/10
Hype Level Kotal: 10/10
Hype Level Shang Tsung: 9/10
Hype Level Geras: 7/10
Hype Level Kung Lao: 5/10
Hype Level Liu Kang: 9/10
Hype Level Raiden: 5/10
Hype Level Shao Kahn: 7/10
Questionable hype level :)

I approve of your hype level for Noob Saibot, Kabal and D'vorah however:

1. Your hype level for Cassie Cringe is higher then Kitana or Jax.
2. Your hype level for Kollector and Frost is too much, considering we haven't even seen a render of them.
3. Your hype level for Total Cock is higher then the true Emperor of Outworld.
4. Your hype level for the OG Shang Tsung is way too low.
5. Your hype level for Kung Lao and Liu kang is in reverse.

Cassie Cyrus

Questionable hype level :)

I approve of your hype level for Noob Saibot, Kabal and D'vorah however:

1. Your hype level for Cassie Cringe is higher then Kitana or Jax.
2. Your hype level for Kollector and Frost is too much, considering we haven't even seen a render of them.
3. Your hype level for Total Cock is higher then the true Emperor of Outworld.
4. Your hype level for the OG Shang Tsung is way too low.
5. Your hype level for Kung Lao and Liu kang is in reverse.
I don't like Cassie Cage as a character, I dislike her more than Jax and Kitana, BUT, in this game, so far (it is up for change of course) Kitana's looks are something I must grow upon, it may take a WHILE, and Jax is long overdue in my opinion, Cassie, while I don't like her in any way, makes sense to be in this game at least.

My hype levels for Kollector and Frost can still lower down, but for now I have a big feeling that I really gonna love them.

I don't like big boss characters that much, so Kotal Kahn gets a lot more love from me, never cared for Shao Kahn at all.

Shang Tsung's model didn't really grab me yet, he looks too friendly and too much like that actor, though I'm sure he's gonna get a mayor 11 once he's playable.

Nope, while Kung lao is more of a favorite of mine than Liu Kang, so far I don't like his story-mode appearance at all, while Liu Kang looks marvelous and awesome, especially with the dragon thing going on.