What's new

Your favourite character probably isn't coming back

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I love reading when people say said characters are dead and they aren't returning cause their dead. MK universe is like the DC and Marvel Univers characters never truly stay dead, they always return one way or another.

Espio

Kokomo
Leave them out of the story and include them in the 1v1 fighting portion of the game. Even if it's as dlc. That's my take on it.
Part of making a good FG is keeping the characters somewhat consistent, so those who spent 2 years learning a character wont have to find a new one.

It would be a bad decision on their part not to include most of the MK9 characters for the 1v1 portion.

This and this. If people want to see Mortal Kombat evolve into a better series over time roster consistency will be a big part of it. There is no reason to reinvent the wheel every fighting game.

Not to mention most people both casual and competitive love the classic roster brought back in MK9. Everyone from there should be back with balances and adjustments.

I wanna see new characters too, but not at the expense of already established classics, they can do both.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
mk9 dead chars getting resurrected would be the laziest shit nrs can do, yet people still like it -_____-. remember dead mkda chars in mkd?
i'd rather have mk9 chars who are still alive + mk4 chars + some 3d era mk chars with good story than some lazy ass resurrecting bs.

But there was a reason the MK9 roster was what it was. Nobody really cared for the 3d cast aside from a few. If it's only for Story Mode purposes then fine, keep them dead. But if they're straight out taking them off the game a lot will be displeased.

Nobody cares if they're dead or not or if they are significant to the plot. Most people want the popular characters and those happen to be most of the mk9 cast plus a few others. Thats the reason they are popular, so pretty much count on liu kang and sub zero in some form or another. Probably noob too.

So, what I'm getting from some people is:

1) People want old characters because they spent alot of time learning to play them well.
2) And because they played them well, they're really good at the game.
3) To ensure they are automatically really good at the next game, without having to learn new stuff, we must keep all the old characters.

There are a ton of good reasons to keep old characters in the game- but that's not one of them.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Liu Kang is gonna work for netherrealm

Skarlet will change from Evil to neutral, now she wants to kill quan chi.

Sareena will escape the brotherhood of shadows, Kia and Jataaka will hunt her down.

We will finally se Reiko and Tania

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
Can honestly just see all the good guys just turned into evil zombies, everything will be reversed and that will probably lead to some crappy reversal gimmick culled straight from WWE Smackdown vs Raw which in NRS fake hype videos will claim to revolutionize the fighting game industry.

MK REVENGE

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

1) People want old characters because they spent alot of time learning to play them well.
3) To ensure they are automatically really good at the next game, without having to learn new stuff, we must keep all the old characters.

There are a ton of good reasons to keep old characters in the game- but that's not one of them.
I doubt NRS will pull a Tekken and never change their game. Keeping old characters doesn't mean their gameplay will be the same.

Even if something as small as changing properties to a move could make the difference (see SF games).

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I just want my baby girl Mileena back and that big chunk of native Nightwolf, and I will be happy with MK10...who am I kidding? I will be happy with MK10 no matter who the f*ck is in it.

Last edited:

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
To be fair, though, the 3D era has some awesome characers

Quan Chi , Kenshi , Shujinko , Fujin , Tanya , Havik

And Flash and Lantern :joker:
All of those 3d characters are awesome, but Drahman had his own appeal also. Though it involved flies and rot, he's a good fit for MK. I could see him translating well as a power character in a next gen MK game.

Leave them out of the story and include them in the 1v1 fighting portion of the game. Even if it's as dlc. That's my take on it.
So you essentially want half a cast of Kratos's and Freddy's? That would be stupid. Straight up fucking stupid.

They already brought them back to life, as Quan Chi's warriors. Thats how they will come back in mkX. My best bet is that either Ashrah or Sareena will play a role in releasing them from Quan's control, but I could be wrong. The only dead characters that wont come back are Khan, Tsung (who I hope is still playable), and Noob Saibot, but Bi-han will be there in some form or another.

Ninja edit:
I forgot about Liu Kang. He is dead, I hope that in his desperation, Raiden will bring him back as a zombie again.
Like I said earlier in the thread, the best you can hope for is that they're used as some plot device. If Vogel wants to bring 'em all back at least make it happen at the *end* of the story. MK10 shouldn't have a Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9 roster.

I love reading when people say said characters are dead and they aren't returning cause their dead. MK universe is like the DC and Marvel Univers characters never truly stay dead, they always return one way or another.
Well I love when people fail to see my point and believe that NRS's are gonna be that fucking lazy with their writing. If Vogel wants to bring 'em all back, do it at the *end* of MK10's story or in future games.

This could be a part of it all. I for one am eager to learn an entirely new character. I know enough with just about everyone in MK9, so I don't want MK10's roster to just be MK9 2.0.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Well raiden sonya JC and reptile are for sure gonna return if they continue off of mk9 story. Whether liu is in the next game or not you all are still gonna be getting punched in the nuts by me.

#frametrapsforday

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Well I love when people fail to see my point and believe that NRS's are gonna be that fucking lazy with their writing. If Vogel wants to bring 'em all back, do it at the *end* of MK10's story or in future games.
I just love how you got so defensive when all I did was point out you being somewhat close minded and presented another alternative to your ideas. Dude its a game, you are not developing it, NRS is developing it and they are going to take it in the direction they want regardless of what anyone says on this forum. MK has shown in many previous iterations that no character ever stays dead in the series and for all we know MK10 might have a totally new cast of characters and could sport the same mechanics as IGAU and say fuck what MK9 was about. I simply provided a different possible outcome for which NRS may take the next game.

Subby Z

Noob
There are only like 13 interesting 3d characters. Fujin, Sareena, Reiko, Tanya, Kai, Li Mei, Mavado, Frost, Nitara, Bo Rai Cho, Hotaru, Havik, and Ashrah. That's it.

Everyone supposedly dead from Mk 9. Sub-Zero, Kitana, Jade, Smoke , Kabal, Stryker, Nightwolf, Kung Lao, Jax, Sindel, Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, Liu Kang. Then there are the useless characters of Mk9: Sheeva, Kano, Baraka, Reptile.

That leaves :
Scorpion, Sonya, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Mileena, Quan Chi, Cyrax, Sektor, Kenshi, Rain, Skarlet, Ermac.

My roster here:
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Noob Saibot
Raiden
Sonya
J. Cage
Kenshi
Jade (woman in ending resurrects her)
Smoke (he's a demon)
Mileena
Sektor
Cyrax
Rain
Skarlet
Quan Chi
Liu Kang
Ermac
Reptile(possible)
Tanya
Fujin
Kai
Reiko
Sareena
Frost
Bo Rai Cho
Li Mei
Mavado
Nitara
Ashrah
Hotaru
Havik

DLC could be any of the other dead heroes or possible new characters.