What's new

Your favourite character probably isn't coming back

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I want the cool bitch in Jades Ending to possess her and make her real good. Give her the teleport again, good normals and damage.

That's what I want.

I want the cool bitch in Jades Ending to possess her and make her real good. Give her the teleport again, good normals and damage.

That's what I want.
That would be pretty cool if they introduced a new character in the chick. Not sure if they'd be able to, though. Jade's Arcade ending isn't canon.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
That would be pretty cool if they introduced a new character in the chick. Not sure if they'd be able to, though. Jade's Arcade ending isn't canon.
Nothing is canon anymore. The whole storyline has changed. Liu Kang is DEAD, and that's way before he was supposed to be a zombie.

Not to mention Cyber Sub Zero, Human smoke, etc.

Shit has changed. The old canon is now not canon.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Jax, Jade, Kitana, Stryker, Smoke, Nightwolf, Kabal, Sub-Zero, Noob and Shang Tsung all died.
Did I miss anyone? (playable characters, I know Shao Khan and Motaro died)

It's MK; there are dozens of ways they can reason the dead characters returning. They could easily have the dead characters fighting on Shinnok's side as he invades the realms, with the good guys liberating some of them from Quan Chi's grasp throughout the storyline.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
That right there is largely the reason why I made this thread. Why? *Why* will Sub-Zero magically return? Just because of his popularity? Like I said with Smoke, I'd like to see him return because I had a lot of fun playing as him in MK9, BUT HE'S DEAD. He isn't significant enough to the plot to warrant a return.
Another ninja from Subby's clan could take the title "subzero" just as tundra and bi han did.

chugfat

Kwan Doa Crow
Ya, I get that the MK story is a tad convoluted and tends to "cheat" by bringing back dead characters, but I thought they were going to try and change all of that with MK9. Now it seems like they're doing the same shit all over again.

In any case, I would enjoy seeing some of the MK Deadly Alliance characters coming back. That would make me happy as the president, and current only member, of the Hsu Hao Fan Club.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Leave them out of the story and include them in the 1v1 fighting portion of the game. Even if it's as dlc. That's my take on it.
Part of making a good FG is keeping the characters somewhat consistent, so those who spent 2 years learning a character wont have to find a new one.

It would be a bad decision on their part not to include most of the MK9 characters for the 1v1 portion.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Yeah I gotta disagree, especially as I see people screaming "TREMOR!" and "If Sareena, Jataaka and Kia aren't in: no buy"

People care about the most irrelevant potential characters in MK, it's how half of them ended up in the game in the first place. Like Skarlet/Rain/Ermac etc.
I have to disagree back. Only people on this site recognize the characters like tremor etc. Anyone who's played mk9 onwards won't care. Fact. Just stick to the mk9 lineup. Add a couple more. You don't wanted a bloated cast. Plus these b listers like sereena about 5 people on this site care about. Tbh, they should add some news ones in! No more ninjas. We got plenty of those. Oh and if they can actually make liu kang cool that would be tight.

ashrah would be pretty Hype imo. also bo rai cho is inevitable, and id like to see havik and my Special request would be hsu hao. oh and fujin and shinnok.

characters i dont Need to see again:

cobra
nitara (yes sorry mr mileena)
mavado
dairou
darrius (lol yeah remember him?)

im pretty indifferent about anyone else (like the mk 4 guys Kai, reiko etc, frost, hotaru, li mei, whoever. you got me.)

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
They already brought them back to life, as Quan Chi's warriors. Thats how they will come back in mkX. My best bet is that either Ashrah or Sareena will play a role in releasing them from Quan's control, but I could be wrong. The only dead characters that wont come back are Khan, Tsung (who I hope is still playable), and Noob Saibot, but Bi-han will be there in some form or another.

Ninja edit:
I forgot about Liu Kang. He is dead, I hope that in his desperation, Raiden will bring him back as a zombie again.