What's new

Your absolute favorite game

Enenra

Go to hell.
There can only be one. Now choose.

Mine is Dead Space 2. Phenomenal combat, atmosphere, music, chills, and Isaac Clark really becomes a full character with strengths and weaknesses. No longer a scared engineer, but a hardened bad ass who knows what he has to do... but suffers along the way from the mental and emotional overload he faces aboard the Sprawl. Great story that keeps me coming back, amazing graphics and set pieces, and the weapons feel devastating. Smooth and fast paced at points, dreary and atmospheric at others. I'll never forget the return to the blood smeared Ishimura illuminated by black lights, where you don't even see your first necromorph until 20 minutes in.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Halo 3

Other favorites:
Castlevania series
Streets of Rage series
Fable 1 and 2 (3 sucked)
Elderscrolls series
Dark Souls and Demon Souls

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Monster Hunter (any game in the series there all great)
Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind(1 4 and 5 are terrible, 2 is alright but not my cup of tea)
Mortal Kombat II
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Final Fantasy 6
Warcraft 3
World of Warcraft the burning crusade
Vampire the masquerade bloodlines
Advance Wars 2
Warsong

Monster Hunter is clear away the best though.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I'll stick with the game that keeps pulling me back.

Dark Souls.

Edit: Might as well explain. The game, despite those that say its "easy", will ALWAYS kill you. You will die to the most stupid shit at times. Nothing feels quite as crushing as making it through several bosses, collecting hundreds of thousands of souls, and then losing it all. This game will break you if you let it.

On the game itself, there are tons and tons of different ways to play and experiment. The lore of the game is deep IF you look for it. Don't expect a story thrown out at you. You literally discover everything from the ground up. The addition of the calamity ring recently adds an extra layer of difficulty for diehards like myself. Double damage and new game+ = new level of rage for me.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
Really? Interesting. Tops even Halo 2? I would love to hear why. I'd say H4 has the best campaign, but multiplayer wise... I can't see it topping the orgasmic pace of H2.
I've always played Halo for the story and lore.

I never really played multiplayer until I bought Halo 3, and the multiplayer I did play in Halo 2 was just Juggernaut with my brother.
Halo 4 is really the first title of the series that I've taken seriously on a multiplayer perspective. That's probably why I don't see as many flaws as the old school guys do.

Anyways, it's the best campaign I've ever played in my opinion.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Planescape: Torment

Also:
Star Control 2
System Shock
Alpha Centauri
Space Rangers 2
Thief 2: The Metal Age
A Mind Forever Voyaging
Guild Wars 2

So many sequels!

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Honorable mention to every Sonic game ever.
This would probably be my pick as well amazing game and the music is the best out there.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I cannot possibly choose one absolute favorite, but the game that had the most profound influence, as well as the one which I have probably replayed more than any other, is Sonic 3 and Knuckles.