What's new

Match Footage - High Tech Yo did you guys catch that awesome High Tech Jacqui on stream?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Full auto still does have some glaring issues.

For instance Liu Kang feels insurmountably impossible. D'Vorah feels similarly difficult. Kung Lao, Tanya, Quan Chi, Jax, Erron Black, reptile, Shinnok, predator (although admittedly I haven't explored all options in this MU yet), Cassie, Kenshi, Mileena and Raiden all feel like loosing MUs too (although not unwinnable).

She probably wins against Goro, Takeda, Kung Jin, Kotal Khan and Jason, while the rest feel pretty even I I'm honest.
I play Liu but I don't see what makes it so impossible, it's not in Jacqui's favor but it's not even a 7-3 imo. It's just a tough matchup coz he outrages you really and you can't play the zoning game on him.
Jax, Shinnok, Lao, Kenshi and Mileena are also tough, probably around 6-4 or so.
The rest I feel are even or better.

I'm curious to what are the glaring issues that you see in Full-Auto? Outside of Jacqui's shitty pokes and air-to-airs what else is there?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I play Liu but I don't see what makes it so impossible, it's not in Jacqui's favor but it's not even a 7-3 imo. It's just a tough matchup coz he outrages you really and you can't play the zoning game on him.
Jax, Shinnok, Lao, Kenshi and Mileena are also tough, probably around 6-4 or so.
The rest I feel are even or better.

I'm curious to what are the glaring issues that you see in Full-Auto? Outside of Jacqui's shitty pokes and air-to-airs what else is there?
Terrible armour moves, poor range on normals, free to crossups, difficulty punishing lots of things (due to lack of range), lack of a fast advancing mid, df2 being punishable when ducked from half screen by many characters.

In addition to shitty air-airs and hopeless pokes.

Liu Kang flame fist vs. Jacqui (anything) is easily 7-3 if not 8-2. There is no part of the screen where she wins or even gets the opportunity to play her game. The flow of the match is always in Liu's favour.

D'Vorah presents a similar situation.

I would like to hear what you do in the Tanya, EB, Cassie, Quan, Cassie, Raiden, Jax and Reptiple MUs that you don't think she loses them.

The suggestions you make on how to play the character are ridiculous. You can't sit back absorbing projectiles all day and you can't charge either. None of this will help you win a match.
why? have you tried? obviously you mix it up a bit, i shouldnt be explaining fighting games from the bottom here, but defense is the core of HT jacquis gameplan. if you dont realize that, you will probably really have a hard time winning with jacqui.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
why? have you tried? obviously you mix it up a bit, i shouldnt be explaining fighting games from the bottom here, but defense is the core of HT jacquis gameplan. if you dont realize that, you will probably really have a hard time winning with jacqui.
Her absorb is too slow to reliably do against 2/3rds of the cast's projectiles. After absorbing a projectile, the recovery on absorb is so much they can run in and get free pressure, sometimes a full combo punish, because you are caught in the leftover recovery frames. Because of her stumpy limbs and slow pressure, Jacqui can't poke out of this pressure and she can't play footsies either because she lacks range/speed on her normals. They build as much/more meter than you do by throwing a projectile compared with you absorbing a projectile so the risk reward is in their favour (they either hit you, or you absorb and they get free pressure/full combo punish). Doing a charge from full screen is just asking to be full combo punished because with the ridiculous startup and recovery frames you can be punished on reaction.

You can't sit back and wait for them to approach you, you will just get destroyed.

Her absorb is too slow to reliably do against 2/3rds of the cast's projectiles. After absorbing a projectile, the recovery on absorb is so much they can run in and get free pressure, sometimes a full combo punish, because you are caught in the leftover recovery frames. Because of her stumpy limbs and slow pressure, Jacqui can't poke out of this pressure and she can't play footsies either because she lacks range/speed on her normals. They build as much/more meter than you do by throwing a projectile compared with you absorbing a projectile so the risk reward is in their favour (they either hit you, or you absorb and they get free pressure/full combo punish). Doing a charge from full screen is just asking to be full combo punished because with the ridiculous startup and recovery frames you can be punished on reaction.

You can't sit back and wait for them to approach you, you will just get destroyed.
i already said absorb is too slow and needs some help. i dont see the problem with charge though. it can be dash cancelled and if loaded to lvl 2 or even 1 it will connect on sweep range and anti-air. i had great fun frustrating people with this char. and of course it works best if you mix it up with her fast advancing specials. but i should not be explaining footsies here, right?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
i already said absorb is too slow and needs some help. i dont see the problem with charge though. it can be dash cancelled and if loaded to lvl 2 or even 1 it will connect on sweep range and anti-air. i had great fun frustrating people with this char. and of course it works best if you mix it up with her fast advancing specials. but i should not be explaining footsies here, right?
She does not have a fast advancing special.

You meant quick burst, not gauntlet charge, but it doesn't matter anyways because you still have to approach. If you're winning staying back while the opponent is coming to you, your opponents aren't playing the MU even close to correctly.

She does not have a fast advancing special.
have you even played jacqui before making this thread?

You meant quick burst, not gauntlet charge, but it doesn't matter anyways because you still have to approach. If you're winning staying back while the opponent is coming to you, your opponents aren't playing the MU even close to correctly.
i guess if you absorb everything, your opponent has no choice but coming to you.

really, all you show here is lack of fundamental game knowledge and cry for buffs instead of adapting.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't see how defense is High Tech's strong suit...that I'll say for sure lol.

I mean, you can bide some sort of time with it, but it really won't win the match for High Tech. She has to be in to do actual damage. No one's going to care that you're absorbing if it's not necessarily benefitting Jacqui in any way.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

i guess if you absorb everything, your opponent has no choice but coming to you.

really, all you show here is lack of fundamental game knowledge and cry for buffs instead of adapting.
Lol.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Do the developers read these threads? I'd like to know because some issues and oversights aren't immediately obvious/are low priority in a large scale project unless it's pointed out enough to make it a higher priority to address. I want to see some improvements to her as well, so she can be a more complete character (trust me, I know the feeling when my main from SF took 6 years to finally fix her ultra and be more complete overall), but it would be nice to know if these are more than just venting threads.

FML; the character.

I just want her bf1 to have more range, maybe full screen on MB. I like the idea of charging on deflect or on MB bf1 also.

And that god damn stanky leg wtf.

Otherwise shit I dunno, it's all pretty depressing. Idgaf I'm going to persist anyway.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
what a incredible disappointing thread.. expecting some awesome footage and all I see is the same old "buff me / nurrf me / nrs sucks / nrs rocks / you do not know the toon / I know the toon" bullshit.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

i shouldnt be explaining fighting games from the bottom here, but defense is the core of HT jacquis gameplan. if you dont realize that, you will probably really have a hard time winning with jacqui.
:rolleyes:

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Is standing 4 the most useless normal in the game?

If this normal was actually plus on hit and QB cancels gave some block advantage it would mean a lot of High Tech. There is a gap in 4~QB... wtf?

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
what a incredible disappointing thread.. expecting some awesome footage and all I see is the same old "buff me / nurrf me / nrs sucks / nrs rocks / you do not know the toon / I know the toon" bullshit.
I know the toon.

Is standing 4 the most useless normal in the game?

If this normal was actually plus on hit and QB cancels gave some block advantage it would mean a lot of High Tech. There is a gap in 4~QB... wtf?
In FA, 4~DF2 is uninterruptible/unduckable and can only be punished by Lao and Rep. It's a decent punish at 10 frames at ranges where her S1 won't reach. Can hit confirm meter burn the guns into rocket for a kill or to get some space. And can 4~BF4 punish if you know you'll get it, if not... BF4 being death on block makes 4~DF2 the safer option.

Last edited:

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
I'm guessing you saw that awesome Jacqui on stream?
Yeah but I set myself up to be let down I have actually played a good HTC Jacqui online that was dominating a koth with 60% corner combos he was at 67 wins when I join then lost to a comando kano I just wish I could remember his GT