What's new

Match Footage - High Tech Yo did you guys catch that awesome High Tech Jacqui on stream?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Like...literally only 2 of the suggested changes had anything to do with High Tech, but this is labeled a thread for High Tech Jacqui.

10 point infraction for false advertisement. :DOGE

But no, seriously, I want to say change her if she's that bad, but I look at the complaints, and then see Revolver going "I literally just want one change". Considering what's going on with the Reptile players, I kinda wanna see what's up with her more, considering nobody even really knows what the character is capable of besides the 2 people that play her.
I said this in the other thread, but this is the logic I don't understand. Do people not see that "people don't play her" because "she sucks"?? Lol I mean really. How many people played Scorpion prepatch in Injustice. Now compare that with how many played him post patch. What was the difference? The difference was, that he, get ready for it, sucked. The reality is, in a game where there's nearly 30 characters and over 80 variations, some characters are just gonna suck. Everyone can't be mid tier. Everyone can't be good.

You think all these mofos out here trying to win money haven't hit the lab with Jacqui? Of course they have. Then they come to the obvious conclusion that she sucks. I should be ashamed about my Kano complaining while Jacqui exist in her current state. At least Cutthroat has some potential that can be found with more digging, but Jacqui. Jacqui? That's how bad she is.

In a game filled with uber top and high tiers, and strong mid tiers, she is just incredibly outgunned and outmatched as a character. Green Arrow of the game, maybe worse. I don't see anything in her toolset that can even be explored to turn it around. Any time she wins a game the player should be shown massive respect.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Do people not see that "people don't play her" because "she sucks"??
People didn't play Skarlet, and everyone felt she was ridiculous. Batgirl, while not as unused, was pretty rare, too.

How often a character is used doesn't really mean shit other than they're not used. And who knows what top players have been experimenting with? Because more often than not, I see some top players get beat by a rarely used character (COUGHREPTILECOUGH).

I'm not saying she doesn't suck. Hell, I don't even fucking know lol. I'm just saying it's weird that you have like a bunch of people going she sucks, then that one dude who has actually proved his shit in tournament is going "I literally just want one thing changed and I'll play her, she's fine". Which is super similar to what's going on with the Reptile community.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
People didn't play Skarlet, and everyone felt she was ridiculous. Batgirl, while not as unused, was pretty rare, too.

How often a character is used doesn't really mean shit other than they're not used. And who knows what top players have been experimenting with? Because more often than not, I see some top players get beat by a rarely used character (COUGHREPTILECOUGH).

I'm not saying she doesn't suck. Hell, I don't even fucking know lol. I'm just saying it's weird that you have like a bunch of people going she sucks, then that one dude who has actually proved his shit in tournament is going "I literally just want one thing changed and I'll play her, she's fine". Which is super similar to what's going on with the Reptile community.
I like the Batgirl example. It shows that an underused character can still be Top 3, while at the same time everyone from Paul to Jimmy knew how good the character was.

I remember a few Top players using Jacqui early on (Tyrant, CD, Sonic, etc) and then she magically disappeared. I doubt it was because she was too amazing to play lol. Also, pulling off a win with an underused character is more likely a result of lesser MU exp than strength of the character. I see Kano getting away with murderrrrr in some matches, even against DJT yesterday, but you rarely see characters like Lao get away with it when it's reversed because everyone is used to fighting Lao's. That's actually a bigger strength than half of her movelist.

Speaking of DJT, look at those two Yomi tier lists by him and FK. They had differences, but the one thing both lists agreed on was that Goro and Jacqui were Bottom 3 lol.

I don't think Reptile is too great compared to some of these characters, but I'm not sure since there's not one Reptile in my offline scene lol. The only thing I know about Reptile, is that he's probably better than Jacqui. -.-

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Speaking of @rev0lver do you still go out to Next Level to play? How often? I just got a new car and I'll be taking the drives out there to up my comp. would like to kick your Jacqui's ass (or get disgustingly bodied) offline.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I always find it interesting that High Tech is always the variation referenced as the biggest write-off, when Shotgun is arguably just as bad or maybe even a tiny bit worse.

In High Tech there's at least a tiny chance of wreaking havoc if you get a lot of momentum going... Shotgun doesn't even do all that well with momentum.
Ehh shotgun damage is still pretty decent, and shotgun can actually play footsies in some MUs.

High tech has shit all in ways of approach and her footsies are severely lacking.

The change revolver wants is one that can't even be implemented lol. It would also not really address any of her significant issues, just make her midscreen damage more consistent.

I don't think she's the worst character in the game, I think she's mid tier (at least in full auto) but her glaring issues make her unusable in certain MUs. I don't want to lose at the character select screen, it's not fair. I understand maybe having to change varaitions to deal with a single problem MU, but because she has only one useable variation, this isn't possible.

I have some pretty good tech in full auto that I'll post later in the week when I'm not swamped with uni but for now I'll just say she still has some big issues. I've labbed high tech heavily but still have trouble getting in and applying pressure, especially once the opponent actually knows the MU and what to do. 10 games into a set high tech Jacqui becomes really hard to use because of her gaps in pressure and the difficulties she has in footsie range.

Anyways, I'd like to see how you use high tech Jacqui. I'm sure I'm missing something that maybe you could bring out.

EDIT:

Like...literally only 2 of the suggested changes had anything to do with High Tech, but this is labeled a thread for High Tech Jacqui.

10 point infraction for false advertisement. :DOGE
The only change that wouldn't help high tech a huge deal is f121 coming out on block, and that's a straight up glitch that needs to be addressed.

Last edited:

THTB

I like the Batgirl example. It shows that an underused character can still be Top 3, while at the same time everyone from Paul to Jimmy knew how good the character was.

I remember a few Top players using Jacqui early on (Tyrant, CD, Sonic, etc) and then she magically disappeared. I doubt it was because she was too amazing to play lol. Also, pulling off a win with an underused character is more likely a result of lesser MU exp than strength of the character. I see Kano getting away with murderrrrr in some matches, even against DJT yesterday, but you rarely see characters like Lao get away with it when it's reversed because everyone is used to fighting Lao's. That's actually a bigger strength than half of her movelist.

Speaking of DJT, look at those two Yomi tier lists by him and FK. They had differences, but the one thing both lists agreed on was that Goro and Jacqui were Bottom 3 lol.

I don't think Reptile is too great compared to some of these characters, but I'm not sure since there's not one Reptile in my offline scene lol. The only thing I know about Reptile, is that he's probably better than Jacqui. -.-
Tyrant is a Jax dude through and through. I wouldn't count him as a full-on Jacqui user, period. Jr constantly has a character crisis. Sonic is Sonic.

And putting any sort of stock into an early tier list of a game that changes as often as it does is pretty pointless. People were saying Buzzsaw was better than Tempest still a little after the changes...look at where we are, now. Things change, realizations are made. Again, is she bad? Idk, possibly. Again, just find it odd that someone out there (who is a notable player nonetheless) has belief in the variation despite the majority. That raises questions to me.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Ok let's not get carried away, Jacqui isn't top tier by any means but she's solid and very much viable, Shotgun and High-tech are lacking obviously in a few things but Full-Auto is beast so let's not pretend that Jacqui is Joker tier or some shit. She struggles in some areas and could use some buffs but she's nowhere near being unviable and bottom 3 at everything...
Also that yomi tier list is omega garbage, I've seen better tier lists on gamefaqs ~__~

Yeah I think she's fine, she just needs more work put in. I think she has more potential than to be just labeled low tier. That's what makes her more interesting. I'd rather her need work put in than add things to make braindead aspects to her game. I'd be playing all high tech right now tbh if it weren't for the combo bug
so much this. there are other gamplans than jump in 50/50 or +24 blockstrings til death. but somehow on tym even respected top players who should know better fail to even try developing these, but rather cry for buffs...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Tyrant is a Jax dude through and through. I wouldn't count him as a full-on Jacqui user, period. Jr constantly has a character crisis. Sonic is Sonic.

And putting any sort of stock into an early tier list of a game that changes as often as it does is pretty pointless. People were saying Buzzsaw was better than Tempest still a little after the changes...look at where we are, now. Things change, realizations are made. Again, is she bad? Idk, possibly. Again, just find it odd that someone out there (who is a notable player nonetheless) has belief in the variation despite the majority. That raises questions to me.
Yea I agree with that. Early tier lists are usually laughable by the time a year or two passes. I should probably be more specific too. I think FA Jacqui can hold her own fine in certain MU's. It's the other two variations that really make me say "ok what were they going for here" lol.

Imo it feels like FA Jacqui can overcome the weaknesses enough to not slaughtered and even win some MU's, but HT and SG? Can they actually win against top or mid tiers? I'm not so sure.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Wait, why wouldn't it be?
Because it's a glitch in which the gravity scaling from 33~bf2 is taken from the original string rather than the 33 so it doesn't launch properly for combo. This has been bought up a while ago and we kinda got a 'well that might be working properly' response. All it does is make her midscreen BnBs more consistent meaning she gets like 3% damage increase.

Ehh shotgun damage is still pretty decent, and shotgun can actually play footsies in some MUs.

High tech has shit all in ways of approach and her footsies are severely lacking.
this is where your fault starts. jaqui does not approach, she waits to be approached and defends. what do you think charge is good for? rushdown? lol, gg.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Not everyone is Jax and Tanya with 3 viable variations lol. The last few patches helped out some of the overshadowed ones like Dualist, hat trick and ninjutsu but in general most characters have 1 go-to variation, 2 if they're lucky. Trying to say subzero sucks when you're using unbreakable is gonna fall on deaf ears, just like us saying Jacqui sucks when Full-Auto doesn't.

THTB

Because it's a glitch in which the gravity scaling from 33~bf2 is taken from the original string rather than the 33 so it doesn't launch properly for combo. This has been bought up a while ago and we kinda got a 'well that might be working properly' response. All it does is make her midscreen BnBs more consistent meaning she gets like 3% damage increase.
Oh, I see. Not a major change, then.

He did ask for gauntlet charge recovery reduction as well. His list of changes are pretty minimal, regardless.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Not everyone is Jax and Tanya with 3 viable variations lol. The last few patches helped out some of the overshadowed ones like Dualist, hat trick and ninjutsu but in general most characters have 1 go-to variation, 2 if they're lucky. Trying to say subzero sucks when you're using unbreakable is gonna fall on deaf ears, just like us saying Jacqui sucks when Full-Auto doesn't.
Full auto still does have some glaring issues.

For instance Liu Kang feels insurmountably impossible. D'Vorah feels similarly difficult. Kung Lao, Tanya, Quan Chi, Jax, Erron Black, reptile, Shinnok, predator (although admittedly I haven't explored all options in this MU yet), Cassie, Kenshi, Mileena and Raiden all feel like loosing MUs too (although not unwinnable).

She probably wins against Goro, Takeda, Kung Jin, Kotal Khan and Jason, while the rest feel pretty even I I'm honest.

Last edited:
You do realise she has 0 full screen presence at all right?

Lol. High tech Jacqui doesn't have to approach. Hahahahaha
neither does the opponent have full screen presence when you use charge and absorb right (even though i admit absorbs startup is too high). really, i know youre a good Player, but in this thread you sound like you cant push 2 buttons right. try a different gameplan and report back to me, until then im outta here.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
neither does the opponent have full screen presence when you use charge and absorb right (even though i admit absorbs startup is too high). really, i know youre a good Player, but in this thread you sound like you cant push 2 buttons right. try a different gameplan and report back to me, until then im outta here.
The suggestions you make on how to play the character are ridiculous. You can't sit back absorbing projectiles all day and you can't charge either. None of this will help you win a match.
^ This