What's new

General/Other - Sektor XL Sektor Discussion Thread

Its a huge deal if you take in consideration what NRS wants this game to be more like. Footsie and zoning based, as it should be IMO

Just wanna be sure. I sort of understand what they've done with the F13 string for cyber sub. I was looking at the start up of that string and it's like 13 frames! Was it always 13? I thought it was 8/9 frames. I used it as well as the 11/111 string all the time. I know f1 is 8 frames so maybe I got confused about it there... Can anyone clarify this please?

I honestly feel like in the current state of the game sektor is gunna be top 8 at least. The buff to the missle along with the universal nerfs to the game make him seem really strong now. The nerf to stamina makes his zoning stronger as well. The universal jump in attacks being nerfed also makes his already good anti airs even stronger. He has a good mid with f2, his mix ups werent touched, has a suedo safe teleport, launching armor being removed universally makes his pressure seem pretty darn good too. 1112 and 114 are still plus and even if they armor through the gaps they wont get much return for it unless they spend 2 bars of meter, and i guarentee you most of the time they wont. and his damage is still really good both metered and meterless. Seriously, he seems HELLA strong right now. True he doesnt have anything thats like super dirty set up wise, but with alot of moves now having 2 hits of armor, set ups that were dirty before will no longer exist. Like him and mystic ermac are going to be arguable top 5 once this all fleshes out.

Seriously he was already really solid before this patch, but now that were going to find our opponents more meter and stamina starved, its going to make him able to escape stuff he couldnt before like heavy pressure characters cuz they can only run cancel once during pressure now.

I think Sektor will be top 5 now. Like I said, the context favors zoners more now, his zoning has been improved and the essentially only bad thing about his armored move now applies to all armored moves: no huge combos off of them (unless you use an additional bar).

Damn, Sektor in a place he deserves. Poetic.

I think Sektor will be top 5 now. Like I said, the context favors zoners more now, his zoning has been improved and the essentially only bad thing about his armored move now applies to all armored moves: no huge combos off of them (unless you use an additional bar).

During his pressure you almost want them to use two bars to launch. Ill take that trade all day if it means sacrificing a breaker.

And its not like all he can do is zone. He has 2 strings that leave him plus and he has up rocket and mb rocket mind games on top of that. He can pressure pretty well in my opinion. Hes so well rounded.

Just wanna be sure. I sort of understand what they've done with the F13 string for cyber sub. I was looking at the start up of that string and it's like 13 frames! Was it always 13? I thought it was 8/9 frames. I used it as well as the 11/111 string all the time. I know f1 is 8 frames so maybe I got confused about it there... Can anyone clarify this please?
Anyone?

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
can someone explain me this: his EX flamethrower is +10 on hit. and when i follow up wirh the f1, shouldnt this connect?
No. Itll jail. Think of it like jc nut punch. It could be +20 but doesnt combo after. Its more like a reset and your at advantage.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
So seemingly from my understanding Sektor is overall better in this "meta" of the game as opposed to his comparison to the last one? Is he like the strongest of the borgs now or is smoke still holding onto that title?

So seemingly from my understanding Sektor is overall better in this "meta" of the game as opposed to his comparison to the last one? Is he like the strongest of the borgs now or is smoke still holding onto that title?
With the removel of 50/50's (b1 being 23 frames now) vortex characters are done for. So yea, sektor is better

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
i think u got it reversed m8, sektor was better than smoke before the patch, but after the patch smoke is very strong prbly better than sektor now

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
now we just need someone to say sektor was better before and still is, then thats all possibilities exhausted

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Hmm. The reason I'm asking is because I'm struggling to decide between him and Kitana as my second character to Tanya. I've seen what she can do, and I'm aware everyone is jumping to her now but I decided that post patch I'm gonna pick two characters and stay with them (character crisis before). Sektor was one of the ones I used fairly heavily before. I like him over kitana in part a lot because of his design (some may think that's dumb but aesthetics play a role in my choices too). However I don't want to pick a character that will also struggle REALLY hard to win. So If he's better in this meta in comparison to how good he was in the last meta I'm likely gonna just go with him.