What's new

General/Other - Sektor XL Sektor Discussion Thread

You care about aesthetics? Then the choice is simple: Go with Sektor! ;)

And if Kitana is as good as everyone's saying she is, she'll most likely be normalized soon enough anyway.

Can someone tell me how plus sektor is on regular up rockets? I know the frame data says your neutral but idk how thats possible when 1112 and 114 jail after they block it. I set sub zero to reversal ex slide to test, and ive jailed him every time.

No idea, but you could just test it by setting opponent to reversal moves of different startup frames and see which one of your moves you can get out before they hit you. It's obviously plus, though.

No idea, but you could just test it by setting opponent to reversal moves of different startup frames and see which one of your moves you can get out before they hit you. It's obviously plus, though.
The only reason i want to is because i wanna find out if any of his other shit following up rockets jails. It be nice to know when pressuring. Whats risky and what isnt.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Has anyone tried using f1 mid combo as a slight extender? I found that it consistently hits on any starter that leaves the opponent standing before the tele(111, f13 etc.) And it just allows you to squeeze out slightly more damage. Iirc, you consistently hit 41 instead of 40 f212bb(ending in jk air dash instead however), and 42 with a jump in. Same goes with any other starter that is a non launcher.

It does work on 114 and i think f43 but the link is significantly tighter, and I think basically does the same damage so it isn't necessarily worth it.

It's not a big discovery, but considering it is very easy to hit(it arguably removes any chance of f212bb whiffing) and does more damage on the mentioned combos, I think it should be used as the standard bnb of any of these starters.

EDIT: Realised I never properly explained the actual combo in case anyone was confused.

The combo would be; Standing starter~tele>21>f1>f212bb~ex tele>f212bb~ender(or jk air dash if you start with f212bb).

Has anyone tried using f1 mid combo as a slight extender? I found that it consistently hits on any starter that leaves the opponent standing before the tele(111, f13 etc.) And it just allows you to squeeze out slightly more damage. Iirc, you consistently hit 41 instead of 40 f212bb(ending in jk air dash instead however), and 42 with a jump in. Same goes with any other starter that is a non launcher.

It does work on 114 and i think f43 but the link is significantly tighter, and I think basically does the same damage so it isn't necessarily worth it.

It's not a big discovery, but considering it is very easy to hit(it arguably removes any chance of f212bb whiffing) and does more damage on the mentioned combos, I think it should be used as the standard bnb of any of these starters.

EDIT: Realised I never properly explained the actual combo in case anyone was confused.

The combo would be; Standing starter~tele>21>f1>f212bb~ex tele>f212bb~ender(or jk air dash if you start with f212bb).
If it squeezez out an extra point of dmg and is easy to do, im down. Ill try it when i get back home. Thanks

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Just thought about it, has anyone tried to see if they can combo off of his straight missile in the corner from a high height(for example, njp>s4~straight missile>d1) or something to that accord. I feel like its unlikely but with his less recovery it may be possible. I'm gonna experiment now and see what I can find.

EDIT: He can't, recovery is great but its hit advantage isnt high enough. Can only convert off of a njp and a weirdly timed missile. Oh well.

Last edited:

This may look swaggy as well so I want to try it in practice when I get a chance!

Just thought about it, has anyone tried to see if they can combo off of his straight missile in the corner from a high height(for example, njp>s4~straight missile>d1) or something to that accord. I feel like its unlikely but with his less recovery it may be possible. I'm gonna experiment now and see what I can find.
Worth a try, shall add this to the practice list! Probably can get something... Like maybe another d1 flame thrower, ex flamethrower or a swaggy f3! If your opponent is in the corner and you hit a jip f43 into tele or even f43 into tele the opponent stays juggled in the corner so your idea with the straight rocket corner combo may work. May look tricky but it works.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Worth a try, shall add this to the practice list! Probably can get something... Like maybe another d1 flame thrower, ex flamethrower or a swaggy f3! If your opponent is in the corner and you hit a jip f43 into tele or even f43 into tele the opponent stays juggled in the corner so your idea with the straight rocket corner combo may work. May look tricky but it works.
Too much gravity I'm afraid, I tried it and nearly nothing would link consitently.

Hey Im new to the Red Army would't anybody be down for some games today?Also im trying to figure out sektor oki,best footies,setup.
psn Sirius_Jones

Darumm

Noob
Hey Im new to the Red Army would't anybody be down for some games today?Also im trying to figure out sektor oki,best footies,setup.
psn Sirius_Jones
You can add me if you want, I'm from Argentina so it can be a bit laggy, though it won't hurt to try.
PSN: Darumm-

myri

Time Warrior
What is the sektor teleport game after he burns meter? safe ? options?
What do you mean? After a meter burn teleport in a combo? Your options are either run cancel 4 xx straight missle for the hard knockdown so you can dash up for pressure or go for up missles. That or you can do jik air charge to send your opponent full screen and start zoning.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Necromancer matchup. I know Necro is considered a weak variation, but I get the impression that it's a bad (or at least even) matchup for Sektor. He beats Sektor in projectile wars, easily punishes his meterburned teleport with a full combo due to f3, good at low profiling due to d4 and threatens you at poking distance with hell sparks. (Most of these reasons obviously apply to Shinnok in general and not this particular variation.)

Thoughts? Tips?