What's new

General/Other - Smoke XL Robo Smoke Discussion Thread

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Exactly the damage nerf is even worse than not having the guaranteed vortex i could have lived with one nerf not damage and the vortex nerf so fucking retarded how how do you nerf a character that sucked in the first place my brain just Can't comprehend this shit quanchi milena johny cage takeda all dint get touched at all and now we do 20 percent for a shity vortex hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Damage nerf only took away 2%. I tested all my combos. One of my longer ones, only 1%.
Zzzzzzz

I mean, test all your own. Not saying mine were the best. I never used the Smoke Forward in combos either. Too inconsistent offline & on. Idk how those dmg % changed.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
His damage was already so weak that 2 percent damage is gonna hurt the character i was getting mid 20s combos prepatch now its gonna be low 20s for a vortex that can be interrupted give me a break this is MKX were playing here if johny cage hits you its 40 percent into a nutpunch restand that guarantees his mix ups lol just look on paper how are we gonna realistically compete now with the reast of cast

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
His damage was already so weak that 2 percent damage is gonna hurt the character i was getting mid 20s combos prepatch now its gonna be low 20s for a vortex that can be interrupted give me a break this is MKX were playing here if johny cage hits you its 40 percent into a nutpunch restand that guarantees his mix ups lol just look on paper how are we gonna realistically compete now with the reast of cast
The only variation of JC that breaks 40% is Stunt Double, and he has to burn both mimics and a bar. Which is pretty fair if you ask me. JC's meterless midscreen combos top out at like 25% and that's if you can land his F2.

Instead of coming on the forums screaming crazy bullshit, why dont you hit the lab and help out.

Matix218

Get over here!
Exactly the damage nerf is even worse than not having the guaranteed vortex i could have lived with one nerf not damage and the vortex nerf so fucking (soap bar in my mouth) how how do you nerf a character that sucked in the first place my brain just Can't comprehend this shit quanchi milena johny cage takeda all dint get touched at all and now we do 20 percent for a shity vortex hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Shitty vortex?

1st of all it is safe, and a vortex, so automatically it is not shitty. Second he does over 20% per rep. If he did much more damage off of a safe vortex that would be a bit excessive don't you think. Dude I thought you were done with this argument in the other thread but you just keep on crying. Maybe you need to open up your mind to find out what the character is really capable of instead of literally freaking out about nothing.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
The only variation of JC that breaks 40% is Stunt Double, and he has to burn both mimics and a bar. Which is pretty fair if you ask me. JC's meterless midscreen combos top out at like 25% and that's if you can land his F2.

Instead of coming on the forums screaming crazy bullshit, why dont you hit the lab and help out.
Dude for one bar johny cage gets like 38 one bar into nutpunch guaranteed mixups i know this i play alot of cages Smoke now gets like 29 30 for one bar with no guarantee mix ups in his vortex plus weak weak damage meterless

you just cant tell me these nerfs are justified when characters like cage milena dvorah have crazy dirt. i said my two cents im done RIP SMOKE never meant to live

Matix218

Get over here!
Dude for one bar johny cage gets like 38 one bar into nutpunch guaranteed mixups i know this i play alot of cages Smoke now gets like 29 30 for one bar with no guarantee mix ups in his vortex plus weak weak damage meterless

you just cant tell me these nerfs are justified when characters like cage milena dvorah have crazy dirt. i said my two cents im done RIP SMOKE never meant to live
Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

You know because you play a lot of Cages...I'm a god damn Johnny Cage main. All of your numbers and statements are completely exaggerated. You're what's wrong with TYM. RIP you and your misleading statements.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Don't let the door hit you on the way out...
Hahahahahahahahahaha some of you guys crake me up

One last thought couldn't we guarantee the vortex if we do f1 meter burn teledrop seing how f1 is 8 frames that should jail 21 being plus 17 on hit that way we have a Guaranteed overhead low option just a thought

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

One last thought couldn't we guarantee the vortex if we do f1 meter burn teledrop seing how f1 is 8 frames that should jail 21 being plus 17 on hit that way we have a Guaranteed overhead low option just a thought
This statement shows how little you know about this character, and probably MKX in general. Stop.

Matix218

Get over here!

But f1 is not an overhead so how is that a vortex?

Matix218

Get over here!
The mixup he's talking about is doing F13, or F1~DB4(ex). If his grammar and punctuation was a little better it'd be easier to understand.
ok fine but this assumes that they will block the f1 so couldn't they just block low after the f1 then if they see the slow ex teleport just stand block it on reaction? Doesn't seem like a vortex to me, isn't it totally reactable?

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
But f1 is not an overhead so how is that a vortex?
I know f1 isn't an overhead the overhead would come from the meter burn teledrop

Im thinking 21 to end the vortex your plus 17 f1 is 8 frames that jails it should ill test when i get home. So if f1 jails we can do f13 for the low option or f1meter burn teledrop for the overhead option need to test that way we would gave our guaranteed uninterrupteble vortex again. seing how you would have to burn a bar for the b1 ex bomb anyway

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
ok fine but this assumes that they will block the f1 so couldn't they just block low after the f1 then if they see the slow ex teleport just stand block it on reaction? Doesn't seem like a vortex to me, isn't it totally reactable?
Exactly. There's a 12 frame difference between the 3 in F13, and DB4 in F1~DB4...You can totally see the Teledrop coming, block it and then you're at -46. I'm not saying it wont trick someone at some point, but it's totally a yolo move.

Dont listen to @Red Hood MKX he doesnt actually know what he's talking about.

Matix218

Get over here!
I know f1 isn't an overhead the overhead would come from the meter burn teledrop

Im thinking 21 to end the vortex your plus 17 f1 is 8 frames that jails it should ill test when i get home. So if f1 jails we can do f13 for the low option or f1meter burn teledrop for the overhead option need to test that way we would gave our guaranteed uninterrupteble vortex again. seing how you would have to burn a bar for the b1 ex bomb anyway
I think the ex teleport is too slow and it will be reactable. Meaning you hit a vortex combo ending in 21, then you jail into 1 (which they will block) then they should be able to just block low and if they see the teleport start up just stand block on reaction. Making this the most unsafe thing ever lol

Matix218

Get over here!
I

Isnt a b1 smoke bomb unsafe too if guess right you can armor out

The only problem i see is the meter burn teledrop is kinda reactable
And by kinda, you mean completely. And smokebomb is safe on block (-6). And ex sb is +5, so both are safe. If they choose to take a risk of armoring out they better be frame perfect because they only have 1 frame to get it out since b1 starts up in 18 frames. And if they go for this that means they are not blocking so if you go low they will get launched and if you go overhead and they miss their 1 frame window they are launched.

Basically they have to be frame perfect and if you go for the low or anything that jails after 21 they will get hit.

This situation is still hella in smokes favor

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
And by kinda, you mean completely. And smokebomb is safe on block (-6). And ex sb is +5, so both are safe. If they choose to take a risk of armoring out they better be frame perfect because they only have 1 frame to get it out since b1 starts up in 18 frames. And if they go for this that means they are not blocking so if you go low they will get launched and if you go overhead and they miss their 1 frame window they are launched.
Umm hello you cam jump and armor out if a b1 smoke bomb b1 smoke bomb doesn't jail so there is a gap that gap can be armored and jumped so b1 soke bomb is not completely safe thus is like day one smoke stuff even b3 smoke bomb has gap

Matix218

Get over here!
Umm hello you cam jump and armor out if a b1 smoke bomb b1 smoke bomb doesn't jail so there is a gap that gap can be armored and jumped so b1 soke bomb is not completely safe thus is like day one smoke stuff even b3 smoke bomb has gap
I thought you meant armoring the b1 after the 21. Yeah there is a gap on block but if you read armor or jump that can be easily blown up too. God forbid you may have to make a read in a fighting game