What's new

General/Other - Smoke XL Robo Smoke Discussion Thread

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
lol, F3's range is like full screen and low profiles a lot of projectiles. I am assuming it can go under all high's and you can cancel it into the rest of the string pretty late. Unfortunately only +1 on hit.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Some of my findings for Smoke:

-EX smoke bomb is +8 on block. Much better to use instead of EX spear as listed.
-Off an EX smoke bomb, slight run under, 4, NJP, 4 xx spear, JIP, 3 xx phase/f43 xx air throw
-Ending a meterless combo in 3 xx EX invis is guaranteed :)

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Some of my findings for Smoke:

-EX smoke bomb is +8 on block. Much better to use instead of EX spear as listed.
-Off an EX smoke bomb, slight run under, 4, NJP, 4 xx spear, JIP, 3 xx phase/f43 xx air throw
-Ending a meterless combo in 3 xx EX invis is guaranteed :)
What's the dammy on this? Seems fun

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
It seems that the best way to get midscreen damage is to be unsafe off your 50/50's is by cancelling into EX overhead tele.
B1~Ex Tele, NJP, 4~Spear, JIP~4~Bomb, 4~Tele 36% is what I could come up with.
Yeah I started out doing this off the low and overhead and got the same thing pretty much, I was just ending it in JK air throw and picking a side to throw them on. Dunno why I didn't think to do another standing 4 into something.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I'm so determined to find a damaging vortex lol

But for a regular bnb, highest I've found is 42% for a bar midscreen

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So f21 into smoke away or toward is safe
However b21 has a gap for some reverals. I know sub can punish with ex slide.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
For those interested im doing a 5-6 hour stream tomorrow night all of Smoke in the lab. I'll be learning and breaking down combos and tech as well as match up specific stuff.

If you're interested in watching and learning with me, follow me at twitch.TV/thekombatleague

And no, I'm not doing this to get followers. I'm doing this so we as players of smoke can come together and learn. I've ever only streamed like twice.

dwz_mk9

I could do this all day...
To me it seems Smoke is a much more defensive character and is more about playing mind games with the opponent. That's my general impression. But Smoke is very good! Can't wait to see all the stuff we find with this character!

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
To me it seems Smoke is a much more defensive character and is more about playing mind games with the opponent. That's my general impression. But Smoke is very good! Can't wait to see all the stuff we find with this character!
thats how i see smoke played also. To me he has a good amount of gimmicks he actually needs to use to be played fully well only time will tell how good he is though.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
The only scary thing ive noticed so far is he seems pretty meter dependent for most things.

Also the lack of armor is a glaring weakness seeing as the invincible move still keeps you right next to them.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
What I'm thinking of doing is ending a lot of combos in smoke towards or away and then either going into 111 or block. It's gimicky but can be worth it

Altsa

4 ex tele, njp, 4 spear, JIP 21. 21 is +24 on hit and guarantees a b1 (17f) or b3 (11f)
You can do ex tele, njp, 4 smokebomb, 4 spear, jip, 21 for a bit more damage.

Also I really like his f4,2 string. Sure it has a gap(tbh everything Smoke has is full of gaps) but is a safe on block 10 frame advancing mid and you can hitconfirm it easily into b2. Along the lines of f4,2 b2,1-spear, jip, 2,1-smokebomb, f4,3 teleport for 26% midscreen meterless damage.