What's new

Xbox One version 900P not 1080p? (Not confirmed)

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
It gets between 35-45 not a full 60 fps but at least its not as bad as ubisoft optimization
Ok, so i'm playing the game now and i can confirm this is not true. Game runs at a constant 60fps on max settings.

Last edited:

aj1701

Noob
That's kinda what I meant. The hardware seems to be more geared towards media support than gaming.
Hardware can't really be geared toward media vs gaming, especially since both require getting the pixels rendered quickly while playing audio. if the hardware isn't powerful enough it was a cost thing not media.

aj1701

Noob
That's up to the developers.. Not microsoft/sony..

The reason a lot of the xbox games have a lower resolution is because the hardware isn't quite as good as in the PS4.
No, there's only so much software can be optimized. those hardware differences are absolute maximums.

Oh, but you also said it wasn't up to MS or Sony, but they were the ones that close the hardware specs.
I was saying that the framerate and resolution targets were not up to MS or Sony. Those are up to the dev. Hardware choice though, you're right, that's the choice of Microsoft/Sony

aj1701

Noob
I was saying that the framerate and resolution targets were not up to MS or Sony. Those are up to the dev. Hardware choice though, you're right, that's the choice of Microsoft/Sony
Fair enough, but I think its a combination of the two; devs can only optimize so much but if the hardware can't handle a certain FPS / resolution, the devs might have to lower one or both.

Raider

Noob
Confirmed, Xbox One version is NOT 1080p:

According to an enthusiastic tweet by creative director Ed Boon, native 1920x1080 visuals and a 60fps update are the goal for Mortal Kombat X. However the reality is somewhat more complicated, as the resolution does vary between platforms while frame-rates fall short of the desired 60fps ideal in a number of areas. Booting up the PS4 version for the first time, we can confirm a 1080p resolution is in place along with anti-aliasing that falls closely in line with standard FXAA. Thankfully, sub-pixel heavy structures in Mortal Kombat X are rare - an aspect that post-process AA algorithms usually fail to correct - and so the use of FXAA works well in addressing the subject matter. However, some light texture blurring is present as a side-effect, meaning fine details in the artwork don't pop out as noticeably as they could do.

In comparison, the presentation of the Xbox One release isn't quite as refined: details are softer while edges feature a slight fuzziness not visible on the PS4 game's native 1080p image. In this case, pixel counting strongly indicates a drop in horizontal resolution, which hovers in the region of 1360x1080 to 1344x1080 instead of the more common 900p setup used on the platform. Anti-aliasing appears identical to the PS4 game, and the coverage provided by the FXAA helps to smooth over upscaling artefacts to a degree.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/didigtalfoundry-2015-mortal-kombat-x-face-off

Last edited: