What's new

Xbox One version 900P not 1080p? (Not confirmed)

Raider

Noob

This would be a bad move. I am sure that Ed said both next-gen versions will be 1080p, so this is really surprising and it sucks for One owners. Hope it's not true.

E

Eldriken

Did he just say, "looks like 900p?" lol, pretty sure it's been said several times both versions are 1080p.
Rumor has it that the One isn't 1080p. I THINK the only thing Boon confirmed that both consoles would have is 60FPS.

I'd be more concerned with whether or not it runs at 60FPS than its resolution.

How the game runs > how the game looks in my opinion.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Rumor has it that the One isn't 1080p. I THINK the only thing Boon confirmed that both consoles would have is 60FPS.

I'd be more concerned with whether or not it runs at 60FPS than its resolution.

How the game runs > how the game looks in my opinion.
I agree, but last year at one of the gaming events it was said, "1080p/60fps on both consoles."

E

Eldriken

I agree, but last year at one of the gaming events it was said, "1080p/60fps on both consoles."
Did he say that's what it WAS going to be or they were going to AIM for it? Most devs have a hard time getting any game to run at 1080p/60FPS on the One. Hopefully this isn't the case for MKX on the One.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Don't several XBOne games run below 1080p? Anyway, a dead giveaway is usually the text. If it's fuzzy at all (in a blurry way, not an anti-aliased way), it's usually a sign that the game's running at a non-standard resolution.

E

Eldriken

If it was 720p then yeah, sure.

But if I had an Xbone, I'd happily take the 180p decrease to make sure the game runs at 60fps.
I don't even care about the disparity between 720p and 1080p. HD is HD to me. I'm not one of those people who really cares that much about the differences.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
If it was 720p then yeah, sure.

But if I had an Xbone, I'd happily take the 180p decrease to make sure the game runs at 60fps.
Hell yeah. Ryse was "only" 900p, and that game is still heralded as one the best looking games of this new gen so far. 900p mean little to nothing in the grand scheme of things. This is a fighting game. If the X1 version ran at 30fps, then we'd have a story, but as it stands, resolution means nothing.

I hate console war threads. They are a cancer.

trufenix

bye felicia
I know that a lot of the things NRS has fibbed or bent the truth on "don't matter" so to speak, but wouldn't it be cool if NRS just told the truth and was straight with us all the time? I don't feel like that's too much to ask.
Just because fans take off handed comments as absolute law doesn't make NRS a liar. The fact that nobody can find a 1080p quote is pretty much a dead giveaway that this is more fan assumption than dev deception, as usual.

I know that a lot of the things NRS has fibbed or bent the truth on "don't matter" so to speak, but wouldn't it be cool if NRS just told the truth and was straight with us all the time? I don't feel like that's too much to ask.
calm pls, where is the quote where they guaranteed 1080p60 on both consoles? I'm willing to bet that they said something more like "aim for 1080p60", and not a guarantee.

resolution is just a number

E

Eldriken

it does, actually. Not as much as some people claim, but the xbones inability to produce true HD titles two years in is significant.
This will probably come off as super Sony fanboyish, but it's my opinion and I'm indifferent in regards to favoring either console: The One struggles because Microsoft focused too much on making it a fucking media hub than a gaming device.