What's new

Xbox 360 UMK3 Tournament Sign here

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Also, the term "best of" means more wins out of the match set. Best of 3 means, if you win the first 2, it's over. Best of is a way more commonly used expression than "first to".

Enigma

Noob
Someone might want to take a look at TheRedPsychosis vs. Nightshowers then, because that reportedly went to a 3-2 and could have had a different result if it stopped at 3 matches.

I think for the next tournament, every match needs an "official" spectator to make sure everything is being done right.

It was confusing, when I tried to fight KnucklesB ABC told me it was best of 3, but I thought it was first to 3. Anyway, I beat ABC 2 to 1, but I had to fight astubbygiant instead, we just did first to 3 and I managed to win 3-0.

GG's everybody, it's good to see UMK3 this much alive.

CorrezZio said:
It was confusing, when I tried to fight KnucklesB ABC told me it was best of 3, but I thought it was first to 3. Anyway, I beat ABC 2 to 1, but I had to fight astubbygiant instead, we just did first to 3 and I managed to win 3-0.

Explain what was happening though. Knuckles and Him couldn't play. They played PRACTICE rounds, but then it started fucking up and Knuckles would lag out. Knuckles asked me to HOST a match, so I agreed. Then We just agreed I would Sub for Him. Whatever, we got everything sorted out. GG Correzzio. :)

Enigma said:
Someone might want to take a look at TheRedPsychosis vs. Nightshowers then, because that reportedly went to a 3-2 and could have had a different result if it stopped at 3 matches.

I think for the next tournament, every match needs an "official" spectator to make sure everything is being done right.
yeah this was my fault when i read it i thought it said first to 3 so i'll talk to them and see wat they say

abc ur dead0 said:
CorrezZio said:

Explain what was happening though. Knuckles and Him couldn't play. They played PRACTICE rounds, but then it started fucking up and Knuckles would lag out. Knuckles asked me to HOST a match, so I agreed. Then We just agreed I would Sub for Him. Whatever, we got everything sorted out. GG Correzzio. :)
the matches between abc and correz did not count for this wasn't fair to knuckle so i have moved around some people and it seems to be working so now knuckleB is fighting st vega

CorrezZio said:

gg

Enigma said:
ACTION KUNGFU don't forfeit over a loser. If anything, he should be tagged for a forfeit over it.
What did you want me to do?

I'm not going to sit there and wait for someone that I told I was going to be there in 5 min. AND I actually arrived before the 5 min timeline.

Add to that the fact that he didnt even send a reply back saying anything about his sudden disappearance(whenever it was he finally showed up).

cassius said:
Enigma said:
ACTION KUNGFU don't forfeit over a loser. If anything, he should be tagged for a forfeit over it.
whoa whoa, hang on there chief. there's no need to go callin people losers because you heard a side to a story and agreed. I sent the friend request last night and waited online from 12pm-2pm. now don't get me wrong, the guy could be in a different time zone but I had to make a run somewhere.

since that guy dropped, I have a new opponent. he sent me a message asking when a good time to play is and i replied. just relax, if it works out it works out...........if it doesn't, it doesn't!
You didnt even send a reply to my message.

You sent a friend's request at night, i got it the following morning and I checked xbox.com. You was online, so i sent you a message saying I would be on my xbox in 5 min. I signed on before 5 min was up and you were no where to be found. I'm not following you or anyone else around on my weekend waiting for a match.

There's got to be compromise between both parties involved.

There was NO compromise on your part at all, if you were even online at the time to make this post I'm quoting, you couldve been to xbox.com or been on Live to reply to my message. wether I wouldve gotten to the message or not is besides the point(cause I wasnt here, whenever I come back i would reply to it. I went out, after I signed on live within the 5 min I told you was going to sign on) Again, proving no compromise on your end.

If there's no compromise, there's no need for me to even play then, cause there's nothing on the table. It was just you wasting(unintended?) my time, and your lack of communication. How bout actually telling someone when you'll be on, how bout that? Nope, you didnt even do that. I did.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I specifically wrote "best of" in each line when I did the rules. If people are reporting win counts to ILP or this board with 3 wins total for the victory and only 1 for the other, it's a win for that person with the 3 wins obviously, but a 3-2 might have actually been in favor of the person who lost the 3. If you played 5 matches, that's a best of 5. I really didn't think it would be that hard to undertsand. There have been other errors from people either not, or misreading the rules.

People generally use "First to" to describe a long set, like "First to 20 wins" etc specifically when there's money on the line. You wouldn't say "best of 39 matches".

For example, when playing people in casuals at tournaments, or in that environment, say you play a match with someone using specific characters, then the person felt they could have won, they will say "Rematch?", then you both play as those same characters again. If the second person wins this time and it's 1 - 1, the other guy generally says "Best of 3?" as the tie breaker. It's the same thing as saying "first to two" I am just more use to hearing people use the phrase "best of".

TaruofTerror said:
Ive...gotta go up against.....him?

This will be pwnage to the max.

Im not gonna forfeit, although I might as well.
Your up against Moe?

Good luck...

*whispers to random person*

"hes gonna get creamed..."

Enigma said:

I wouldn't mind a rematch. I don't remember exactly if we played five or three matches, just ask him, I had a busy day afterwards.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Oh don't worry about facing Moe you'll do fine, I mean, when I played him in person at ECCX I beat him...

once...