What's new

Xbox 360 UMK3 Tournament Sign here

Hello, everyone I am hosting an Xbox Live Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Tournament

If possible advertise on xbox live send messeges to you players and ask them to come to this site and sign up

The tournament will start Saturday, January the 20th, at noon since we have enough players right now. If anyone comes on between now and then and can contact and play their opponent with a witness/ref go for it. Remember that recording matches is nice but not 100% necessary. If any player would rather prefer to wait for a ref/recorder, they can do so.

Refs and/or recorders for now are Shock, Ilovepoop, L Sugar L and Enigma. ILP will be available all day Saturday and Sunday, Sugar for Sunday and I will try for nights on all 3 days as will Enigma.

This tournament is, again, a test run for a bigger tournament we hope to hold in the near future. The turnout has been excellent even though there are no prizes. There are 64 entries, I don't expect even half to show, and I do expect the tournament to take a while to finish. I am hoping we can get most of it out of the way in the first two days. I will try to be on between 7:30 and 10 and then after the early AM to cover at least a few matches on my own both Saturday and Sunday. Basically anyone who wants to play after 11 or 12, let me know and I'll try and be there, contact me on TakerECW if I do NOT have an away message up. If I do, I am not there, do not expect an answer.

Rules:

Single Elimination - double would take a very long time and right now we don't have nearly enough confirmed "refs" or recorders for matches. The matches that should most likely be recorded are the last 3 rounds. Anyone who wants to be a ref or can record matches please let us know.

Rounds:

First - best of 3
Second - best of 3
Third - best of 5
Fourth - best of 7
Semi Finals - best of 9
Finals - best of 11

Hidden characters must be enabled if a player wishes to use any of them. Directions to enable them in any matter necessary are here:

http://ultimatemk.com/konqrr_xbla_hidden_faq.php

Infinites and Human Smoke are allowed of course. No characters are banned.

No gameplay modifying vs codes like infinite run, or quick uppercut recovery are allowed even if both players don't mind. Level select codes, and Throwing Encouraged are allowed for example.

There is no cheap. Play at your own risk and remember the evil known as lag/delay may exist. If you lose, you lose, you can complain but it won't change anything. If there is a mishap while playing, like an accidental disconnect, the entire match is to be redone. Try to be a good sport and not drop mid match if you are losing, it just complicates things.

Mic and headset are NOT required but preferred, communication IS required.

If you wish to do warm ups, say so before playing any matches. Tournament games do not begin until the person who requested warm ups says when, or, a reasonable limit of 10 warm ups. I would advise at least 3 to get use to any lag issues there might be.

Wireless routers, or general router issues may come up. I would suggest to everyone when playing their tournament matches, if in case you experience any difficulty connecting to your opponents, disconnect your Xbox from your router and directly connect it to the cable or DSL line. This way there is no firewall blocking possible connections to the Xbox and you should have no issues. There are ways to set up your Xbox IP address to be outside the DMZ but it might be impossble or too difficult for some people. Essentially, it might become necessary to direct connect your Xbox to your internet connection.

Anyone who wants to sign up from this point on will be used as a sub, and we will probably need a lot of them. I will substitute if absolutely needed.

Subs

1. Shock
2. terminator2029

Brackets

Please PM me all the results so i can update the brackets try to keep them up to date also try to remember how many matches won by each person example as in me and crouton played and i won 2-0

or send me a message at the gamertag ultimatemk com

I would also like to thanks Shock for all the help he has given me

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I wish you would have given me a heads up on the definite so we could help out. If you are going to promote it we can get something up on here ASAP for officialness. Might get more sign ups. I don't know if I myself will be able to participate for sure, but most likely.

Shock said:
I wish you would have given me a heads up on the definite so we could help out. If you are going to promote it we can get something up on here ASAP for officialness. Might get more sign ups. I don't know if I myself will be able to participate for sure, but most likely.
yeah every time i'd messege u about it you would say something like we will soon so i figure i would take the inititive and start it out i'd gladly like anyone's help

i will also be promoting this through the gamertag radio

This doesn't have to be an official UltimateMK.com tournament. A lot of people just wanted to play for fun and see how well they actually play. Also this tournament could set a prescedent on how to run the next tournament. Any probs you run into here can be worked out for next time.

Good going poop, way to be assertive. Why is it so spread out though?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Thank God we can have spectators...perhaps force it to be someone like Shock, Sugar, or myself who can record the matches.

Derek

Noob
Konqrr said:
Thank God we can have spectators...perhaps force it to be someone like Shock, Sugar, or myself who can record the matches.
I think I would have the best quality, however the files themselves would be rather large. A match is usually around 2:30 so that would make the file around 20 megabytes at the highest quality. You know what? I'm going to get on right now, record one match then compress it to give you guys an idea of file size and quality so we can see if I'm the right man for the job.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I record the matches I put up through Pinnacle Studio and the WMVs aren't that bad at 5 - 10 megs each. 30 meg plus for 1-2 minute average match videos might be a bit of a hassle to DL and store if anyone wants to. If you are going to go with the high quality, might as well add on some kind of logo screen before them so the people know exactly who is supplying them with the HQ. You could go with Divx and I think it'd be fine.

Derek

Noob
ded_ said:
how do you record matches from xbla?
Through some sort of video recording device. I'm using a Dazzle DVC 90(commonly referred to as a capture card)made by Pinnacle Studios. Does a great job. ilovepoop also has one if I'm not mistaken. I believe he has a different one than me.

Anyway, poop let me know when you get everything ready I want to be the first to sign up.

:D

Phebus

Noob
Add my name to the list please. I'm intersted to see how i actually stack up against people other than XBA noobs that whore out robosmoke and get punished all day.

ZAQ

Noob
God damn Mr Wiggl3s you must really work hard to piss off that many ppl.. haha

Some fuckin Canuck is gonna beat your ass and the sega kid is getting blow jobs from your mom. What a world what a world