What's new

WoWo 1.06 Discussion

Just because you failed with her does not mean she sucks.
he did not fail with her and hes the best wonder woman in america right now but cant place with her what does that say about thecharacter.
shes over rated in the sense that until now people are starting to see her bad match ups.
shes the type of character that does really well when people don't know her set ups but once you know her set ups you can easily counter her as a character.
hence why Foxy was doing so well vs reo and brady at first.
i think we can all agree that the biggest injustice competition is in the usa and wonder woman is yet to place let alone do well at any major in the usa.
Metzos you say that wonder is top 3 why don't you come and show us how good she is by placing at any american major.
because all your doing is over stating her as a character the OTG you keep rambling on about is not even that effective once you realize you have to block, you talk about it like its a core part of her game it only works in the corner.
cdjr , charlie and nervek have got it right.
right now wonder woman can not be top 5 not with the bad match ups she has.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
he did not fail with her and hes the best wonder woman in america right now but cant place with her what does that say about thecharacter.
shes over rated in the sense that until now people are starting to see her bad match ups.
shes the type of character that does really well when people don't know her set ups but once you know her set ups you can easily counter her as a character.
i think we can all agree that the biggest injustice competition is in the usa and wonder woman is yet to place let alone do well at any major in the usa.
Metzos you say that wonder is top 3 why don't you come and show us how good she is by placing at any american major.
because all your doing is over stating her as a character the OTG you keep rambling on about is not even that effective once you realize you have to block, you talk about it like its a core part of her game it only works in the corner.
she actually can have her corner game at midscreen

I'm just now seeing her slight weakness' against certain characters.... but that doesn't mean she's bad. And Tournament placings shouldn't really mean a whole lot, because there isn't a ton of reps using her in tournies.

I think her bad MU's are really just opinion on the player side. You could probably just list her as a 5-5 vs 99% of the cast and no one woudl disagree.
Knowing her setups only opens you up to different setups... which is the evolution of the game.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I'm not making rash decisions.... just spreadin the knowledge I have.

I don't really care if you are the worth player in the world.... if you see something I don't, it'll help.

I mean... i clearly thought I was doing iadg.... and i wasn't. I have a mental block when I fight AM, but I haven't grinded it out, and Foxy did give what he see's in the MU... which helps.

Thats really all I ask for. Even if I personally think a MU sucks, I don't need someone to tell me i'm stupid, just give advice. WW players typically are that way.

But she isn't the world beater peopel think she is. I doubt she "dominates" anyone in the game. She just has a toolset that lets her fight everyone on equal ground. You don't get that often.
She doesnt need dominating matchups to be a #1 or #2 character, the fact is, her rushdown game works effectively on every single character in the game, there is no free way out of any of her stuff and she has an answer for every option any character has against her.

- 'he did not fail with her'
- 'but cant place with her'

Harleys placed, what does that say about the player?

I've noticed a trend in all the people talking about her 'bad match ups', none of you ever give any reasons or explanations.

I've played against UFG since launch, he knows all of my set ups by now dont you think? That doesn't mean that he still won't get hit by them all, with WoWo you're flipping a coin, and whatever side it lands on WoWo is either safe, advantage or dealing damage and resetting the situation.

How are you gonna say I was doing well against REO and Brady 'at first'. My game evolves as does theirs. Put me against them now, perhaps they'd put up a better fight, perhaps they wouldnt.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I m gonna ask you this: How long Foxy and Nivek have played WW and how long CD jr has played WW?

I m not a WW player myself, i am a DD player, but i play against one of the best WW's out there offline. I know what she can do.

I am merely stating what tools she has. She is the most complete character in the game. US has the biggest competition in IGAU, i didnt deny that, but they know shit about WW. Hence no one was taking her seriously before Foxy and Nivek showed what she can do.

Her OTG's dont work only in the corner.

So you are telling me, that in tournament play, you will be able to block her OTG's 100%? Something i havent seen being accomplished with Superman's OTG's which are easier to block than WW's... Also there is the part that she can parry during strings for tons of damage, i see no one is talking about that. Just because no one does it, does not mean it doesnt exist. WW is scary at the highest lvl and that will be shown in the future.

P.S: I said that WW will be top 3 AFTER the patch since all the top tier characters have been nerfed, one way or another.

LEGEND

YES!
Talking WW MUs is a weird situation. EU/UK have the best WW players and a few really good players playing a portion of the cast while US has the best players for basically every other character (minus bane for sure) and a few good players playing WW

no way there is an accurate perspective of WW atm. . . imo

though i will say, people who downplay WW are ridiculous. . . and people who call her #1 have no idea how tier lists work

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm not making rash decisions.... just spreadin the knowledge I have.

I don't really care if you are the worth player in the world.... if you see something I don't, it'll help.

I mean... i clearly thought I was doing iadg.... and i wasn't. I have a mental block when I fight AM, but I haven't grinded it out, and Foxy did give what he see's in the MU... which helps.

Thats really all I ask for. Even if I personally think a MU sucks, I don't need someone to tell me i'm stupid, just give advice. WW players typically are that way.

But she isn't the world beater peopel think she is. I doubt she "dominates" anyone in the game. She just has a toolset that lets her fight everyone on equal ground. You don't get that often.
this isnt directed at you

Redk9

Noob
No one from EU came to the US for evo? Im tired of all this talking and tension. I wanna see high profile grudge matches already

CD jr

Noob
People think I dropped WW cause I "think" she has too many bad match ups(which she has and sadly all are top tier characters) lol. I dropped her because I will not chase characters all the time. Even if she has the lead she can't play safe and has to be on you all the time and I don't like that. As for foxy beating REO and Tom I'm 100% sure he won't beat them offline. I saw the set between foxy and Tom and it was disgusting how foxy was just air dashing and jumping all over the place and poor tom couldn't anti air.....WITH AQUAMAN lol stahp. Anyways Europe is the best.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
People think I dropped WW cause I "think" she has too many bad match ups(which she has and sadly all are top tier characters) lol. I dropped her because I will not chase characters all the time. Even if she has the lead she can't play safe and has to be on you all the time and I don't like that. As for foxy beating REO and Tom I'm 100% sure he won't beat them offline. I saw the set between foxy and Tom and it was disgusting how foxy was just air dashing and jumping all over the place and poor tom couldn't anti air.....WITH AQUAMAN lol stahp. Anyways Europe is the best.
The fact that you think air dashing in all the time like in early days is still a legitimate tactic is funny. STAHP

DarkPage

Noob
Lol as much as people tell foxy to come down to America I'm surprised he never says like send Tom Brady over here instead or something. But geez I don't think she's as good as people always say but I would love for some legit matches between her possibly bad MU s at top top level and just have someone eat their words. Doesn't matter who it's sweet all the same lol

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Do B113/33/23/Air to air normal -> 23 -> B3 -> F3

Doing a F3 on their wakeup after the first F3 will cross over, doing it a little more delayed will hit in front, and so will B2.
Obviously you still have the 33 option. OTGs are out of the question, but they're useless midscreen anyway IMO.

It basically means that you'll be playing her corner knockdown game anywhere on the screen.
I was messing around with the f3 after the b3 midscreen. Does there have to be a dash after the b3 to get the proper spacing to cross up with the second f3? Maybe I'm visualizing this all wrong; do you have any match footage where you use it? Thanks in advance!

Akae47

Noob
Gentlemen can we please develop a MU chart for WW that we can reasonable discuss/or debate this in detail. I know MUs are opinionated because we all have different level and experiences, some of you guys are high level tourney players while some are casual level. Its getting redundant discussing whether WW is top 3 top 5 top 10 or whatever if no one is discussing her match ups in detail to back the "Top #" placing claim.

I am a online warrior who made the switch to offline play recently and Im going to NEC.

I can take the initiative to write about her match ups in detail if need be but of course I would need you guys to assist me.