What's new

WoWo 1.06 Discussion

DarkPage

Noob
People think I dropped WW cause I "think" she has too many bad match ups(which she has and sadly all are top tier characters) lol. I dropped her because I will not chase characters all the time. Even if she has the lead she can't play safe and has to be on you all the time and I don't like that. As for foxy beating REO and Tom I'm 100% sure he won't beat them offline. I saw the set between foxy and Tom and it was disgusting how foxy was just air dashing and jumping all over the place and poor tom couldn't anti air.....WITH AQUAMAN lol stahp. Anyways Europe is the best.
i didnt not even know you dropped her, you WW was very fun to watch too bad

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
People think I dropped WW cause I "think" she has too many bad match ups(which she has and sadly all are top tier characters) lol. I dropped her because I will not chase characters all the time. Even if she has the lead she can't play safe and has to be on you all the time and I don't like that. As for foxy beating REO and Tom I'm 100% sure he won't beat them offline. I saw the set between foxy and Tom and it was disgusting how foxy was just air dashing and jumping all over the place and poor tom couldn't anti air.....WITH AQUAMAN lol stahp. Anyways Europe is the best.
Who do you use since dropping WoWo?

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
I'm not so sure about WW being the "Queen". Batgirl is still really viable IMO. I think she can 50/50 beat WW in a matchup. Also, Aquaman is "Over Rated" IMO. He hasn't placed top 8 in a while.

CDjr still doing that thing where he says a blanket statement with little to no evidence given behind it, then gets angry when people challenge him on it.

Happened in MK9, still happening now...

lol so true, I have nothing against the guy but the typical cdjr tym discussion would be, cdjr: he or she loses or doesnt loses against x character. other user replies with you can do this and that in the matchup and cdjr will reply with go play this and that player/no+gets mad ILL NEVER COME BACK TO TYM.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I was messing around with the f3 after the b3 midscreen. Does there have to be a dash after the b3 to get the proper spacing to cross up with the second f3? Maybe I'm visualizing this all wrong; do you have any match footage where you use it? Thanks in advance!
Yeah after the B3 immediately do 1 forward dash, then F3 as early as you can.

That can actually be arranged. It would be an honor to go over there and fight the best of the best of that side of the world.
It'd be an incredible waste of time lol, our numbers make it not worth it.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
It'd be an incredible waste of time lol, our numbers make it not worth it.
Depends. If people from the US decide to come to Europe i would gladly travel to face them in a tournament. I believe that the rest of the GDA team feels the same. One thing is for sure the IGAU EU scene is more active than it was with MK9 back then, thats for sure.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Depends. If people from the US decide to come to Europe i would gladly travel to face them in a tournament. I believe that the rest of the GDA team feels the same. One thing is for sure the IGAU EU scene is more active than it was with MK9 back then, thats for sure.
Lmao. Now that I can do this I can't take any breaks from college...

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
itll be the same for mk10 too.
well it shouldn't be. i'm tired of seeing one or a few players saying something and all of a sudden it's the opinion of the entire continent.

this died out with MK by the end, and it should with Injustice too. having constant pissing contests is bad for the community.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Lol at WW top 5 and the other guy said top 3 after the patch. Foxy you are GDLK but when it comes to match ups you lack knowledge because players over there aren't as good as the ones over here. History is repeating itself again. You are the same guy who said rain was viable, that Sonya rings go under kabal iagb(lol) that kabal and Kung Lao beats kabal etc lol. How about you look at ALL THE flaws WW has and all the holes before you start saying how she beats x character. You are very good at finding what's good in a character but not finding what's bad about them and that's where you fail. WW is now top 10 at best and will stay like that post patch. Charliemurphy you are right about the character don't worry she is not this GDLK character the Europeans make her out to be.
With all due respect, I can't help but find that entire post extremely insulting.

It's posts like that that seriously makes me wonder why I bother playing this game if all players outside the US get is comments like that and nothing we do is of any worth in the eyes of other players.

If every point a European makes is invalid because they're not American, then that's a huge slap in the face to everyone that has arguably put the same amount of effort into getting good at this game as top American players, regardless of how good you think we are or not.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I would like to make something very clear, and I swear I've said this over 100 times.

The opinion of a player is just that. Foxies opinion as a whole is not completely identical to that of other players, therefore Foxy or anyone else does NOT speak for the whole of Europe.

I'm getting fed up of people chucking everyone in the same category. If it happens with KI or MK10 I'll flip my shit big time Porky Pig time.

LEGEND

YES!
We're still arguing over EU and US over a few statements on a single character?

3 years later? really? are you fucking serious?

get it together people, we're past all that dumb shit.
I would like to make something very clear, and I swear I've said this over 100 times.

The opinion of a player is just that. Foxies opinion as a whole is not completely identical to that of other players, therefore Foxy or anyone else does NOT speak for the whole of Europe.

I'm getting fed up of people chucking everyone in the same category. If it happens with KI or MK10 I'll flip my shit big time Porky Pig time.
i just want to make something clear.

mine (and i think most people's) view is this: You guys have an undeniably weaker scene in terms of numbers and character representation. BUT, that doesn't mean that the top players over there are any less skilled than the ones over here, just that you may not have the same level of experience as us. That is all

You, Mustard, Foxy, Glue ect are just as good as any of us

anyone arguing that you guys aren't any good is an asshat

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i just want to make something clear.

mine (and i think most people's) view is this: You guys have an undeniably weaker scene in terms of numbers and character representation. BUT, that doesn't mean that the top players over there are any less skilled than the ones over here, just that you may not have the same level of experience as us. That is all

You, Mustard, Foxy, Glue ect are just as good as any of us

anyone arguing that you guys aren't any good is an asshat
much appreciated, but it surprises me that people think we aren't aware of the fact either.

We undeniably have less players here than possibly any other larger scene in the world, we have even less for Injustice here in the UK than we did for MK, which is unfortunate, but it doesn't stop the ones of us left from playing it to the best of our abilities.

Seeing an entire group of players demeaned because of a select few's opinions really grinds me the wrong way.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
well it shouldn't be. i'm tired of seeing one or a few players saying something and all of a sudden it's the opinion of the entire continent.

this died out with MK by the end, and it should with Injustice too. having constant pissing contests is bad for the community.

yeah I see what u mean,I've actually refrained my posting my opinion on this thread because it'll proberly get misunderstood as shit stirring because unfortunetly that's what seems to happen on every thread these days.it is funny though how people assume foxy speaks for the entire body of European players.on a lighter note id prefer a shitting contest over a pissing contest any day of the week.

CD jr

Noob
With all due respect, I can't help but find that entire post extremely insulting.

It's posts like that that seriously makes me wonder why I bother playing this game if all players outside the US get is comments like that and nothing we do is of any worth in the eyes of other players.

If every point a European makes is invalid because they're not American, then that's a huge slap in the face to everyone that has arguably put the same amount of effort into getting good at this game as top American players, regardless of how good you think we are or not.
dude I didn't mean to offend anyone but you need to understand something. Foxy is the same guy who thought kenshi and rain was 5-5(lol what?) when the match up is 8-2 and one of the worst match ups in the game and he also said a lot of crap about other match ups in mk9 that in won't bother listing cause it's too many. I said what I said cause foxy talking about all these stupid match ups and trying to sound like he knows it all is a statement that he don't fight good players and that's why he this certain match ups are the way he thinks they are. Like I said I'm done with this let everyone on tym listen to foxy and not me I honestly don't give a fuck but I don't want you or your brother to take offense cause I really like you guys and respect you a lot. And if I offended you in any type of way I'm sorry.

Honestly, it'd be very cool if the UK had a scene like ours for IGAU and were able to come over here more to play us (like in sf where ryan hart, luffy, and etc. have came over multiple times to the U.S.). I agree with what mustard/ketchup have said, we should be over the UK vs US thing and we can't let what one person says lead to us generalizing a whole region of players. If UK has any chance of getting to EVO 2014, that'd be so sick.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
CD jr you once said cage jax was 8 2. Everyone makes mistakes. Give him a break. Either one of you could be correct, we find out in coming months. No need to be aggressive about it.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Definitely does. Batman, MMH, ZOD, aquaman, GL
Batman is not a bad match. People will eventually realise his strings leave quite a bit to be desired. Its the same as JAx using F41 on LOw hit box characters, WW fucking blows him up for using high strings, as his mids are shit and his trait can be sweeped under.

Batman players are getting away with murder dude, but the time will come when the community levels up, and they will leave him for characters with better forward range and better mids. He has no mix up game, he is the most pushblock-able character in the game by far and he can't use high strings in all his matches. Time is what it will take to prove that.

Now after his nerf, with less trait time, and B23 (His only good mid) being nerfed, the match will be harder.

Batman loses 6-4. WW might not even have a bad match...