What's new

Would you want the current character face models to remain in MK12?

Art Lean

Noob
I like the calls here for movie faces. I'd gladly drop dollar on a skin pack with Musetta Vander as Sindel, Linden Ashby as Johnny Cage, Talisa Soto as Kitana etc. Will never happen, but a nice thought.
Absolutely... Just please never a Brian Thompson Shao Kahn! :p

Art Lean

Noob
Let's face it (pun intended)
The face models for MK11 our mostly gorgeous and spot on.

My god... I had no idea D'Vorah had a face model... and she's stunning. I'm never going to look at her inserting larvae through her stomach in the same way :D

It also proves how incredibly beautiful Jacqui could be, she's just let down by some awful hair options. The long curly ponytail (like on her BOLO skin) makes her look absolutely lovely, but can't stand her childish Cosby Show braids on the default skin.

Last edited:

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I would love it if there was a continuity in the face model-department moreso than anything else. Even legacy moveset (as mentioned in another thread).
It pisses me off when EVERYTHING you knew about Johnny or Shang is different in the next MK instalment. It's like changing actors EVERY season in the show Friends for every character. It sucks.

I want to go back to Injustice 1 faces. Also, bring back leaning far forward on Vs. screens.

I like the calls here for movie faces. I'd gladly drop dollar on a skin pack with Musetta Vander as Sindel, Linden Ashby as Johnny Cage, Talisa Soto as Kitana etc. Will never happen, but a nice thought.
Sindel’s face actor in Mk11 is fine. I think Jade and Kitana look the most beautiful though.

Art Lean

Noob
Sindel’s face actor in Mk11 is fine. I think Jade and Kitana look the most beautiful though.
From everything I've been able to look up on the subject, I believe Sindel is also modelled on Kaprice Imperial, just tweaked to give her that familial-but-not-identical appearance. And holy hell is she one gorgeous MILF.

You know, you have to admire her... when she sets her mind on something...

Last edited:
I guess. at the same time I feel mk can try a different art direction. is it possible mocap is what's wrong with the game in some parts? i don't know; or is it just devs that don't know what to do or don't care about character hitboxes and hurtboxes. regardless a majority of them look good. i just wish patrick seitz could've stayed scorpion. sheeva ugly. no i don't think she's ugly now. sheeva always kinda been ugly but now it isn't being offset by her amazing physique and big tiddies. now she just ugly with bare body assets.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Not a huge fan of Kitana’s face in this. Maybe it’s just her enormous nose without her mask on, I don’t know.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
From everything I've been able to look up on the subject, I believe Sindel is also modelled on Kaprice Imperial, just tweaked to give her that familial-but-not-identical appearance. And holy hell is she one gorgeous MILF.

You know, you have to admire her... when she sets her mind on something...

View attachment 16881
Ahh man I'm so super happy with the way she looks in MK11 <3

Art Lean

Noob
Well you learn something new every day... everyone else on the internet is talking complete shit then in saying that she was also based on Kaprice (there's people even mashing the faces together to prove it) haha.

Wish it was all logged somewhere obvious on a Mortal Kombat website rather than having to find tiny personal updates on models' instagram pages, giving proper widely known credit where credit's due. Even the big Mortal Kombat Wiki doesn't have all their models logged.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I would love it if there was a continuity in the face model-department moreso than anything else. Even legacy moveset (as mentioned in another thread).
It pisses me off when EVERYTHING you knew about Johnny or Shang is different in the next MK instalment. It's like changing actors EVERY season in the show Friends for every character. It sucks.
This x1000.

Do what Tekken does. Keep a good portion of the moveset from one game to the next. That way, we can get more characters on the base roster as a good portion of the groundwork will already be done for existing characters.

I have no problem with this way of doing things, and I don’t think it’s lazy at all. An element of familiarity is good, and it’s good to pick up a character you played in the previous game and at least know the basics with them.

This doesn’t mean copy and paste movesets. As I said, use a good bulk of the pre existing movesets, but also add new moves and remove some if necessary so things are kept somewhat fresh. Also balance elements that weren’t balanced in the final patch for the previous game.

Art Lean

Noob
None of the models made it into to the game credits section? If not that is very disrespectful.
I've not checked through the enormous credits, since it goes on forever and I don't think you can fast-forward it, but given that people keep announcing "[character]'s face model found!" with links to instagram accounts, I'm guessing not? Granted, this article's from May last year (so the game credits may have finally been updated) but the game had already been released at that time and I quote:

"While a comprehensive list of the MK11 face models has not been made officially available, as has been done with the Mortal Kombat 11 voice actor cast list, some of the models have provided their own confirmation, primarily by way of social media outlets."

Last edited:
I've not checked through the enormous credits, since it goes on forever and I don't think you can fast-forward it, but given that people keep announcing "[character]'s face model found!" with links to instagram accounts, I'm guessing not? Granted, this article's from May last year (so the game credits may have finally been updated) but the game had already been released at that time and I quote:

"While a comprehensive list of the MK11 face models has not been made officially available, as has been done with the Mortal Kombat 11 voice actor cast list, some of the models have provided their own confirmation, primarily by way of social media outlets."

Pretty fucked up that NRS didn’t include them
In the credits if that’s the case. The models contributed ALOT to the game. I’ve worked in movies and games before....we get salty when we don’t get in the credits.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I haven't gone through this thread thoroughly, but I think that Jessica Alba should be the face model for everyone going forward

Art Lean

Noob
They can all stay, i dont mind. Except for Sonya.
Unless there’s a model out there keeping quiet, as I understand it she has no face model and is pure CGI... which effectively means she’s thoroughly open to “recasting” without disappointing anyone.