What's new

Would you want the current character face models to remain in MK12?

Mr.Khen

I am you
Let's face it (pun intended)
The face models for MK11 our mostly gorgeous and spot on.

At this point, should they become legacy and remain looking the same in the next game? or are you into changing it up from game to game?

Would love to hear your thoughts which ones you would defintley want to remain legacy and which you feel doesn't fit the characters.
On a different note I can't wait to see Fujin's face model.

I personally think they've done a really good job on the face models of the characters, I find it hard to imagine them in a different form now.

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
I agree! They all did a wonderful job and think the characters look fantastic, especially Scorpion, Sub Zero, Liu Kang, Jade, Sindel and Skarlet... oh and of course the one and only Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung.

Ronda Rousey needs instant dismissal from the voice acting though! Would so love to see MK11's Sonya with a different voice, one that actually has emotional depth and energy to it, because it sadly affects the whole persona of the character.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Yes, especially for Sheeva to make the shallow puddle boys cry while they say nothing about how ugly Goro and Kintaro are. It's almost like half human/half dragon monsters wouldn't be sexually appealing to human or something lol.

This is my Sheeva so we have to stan! My custom variation names will 100% be Princess Fiona, I am here for it.

Mr.Khen

I am you
Ronda Rousey needs instant dismissal from the voice acting though! Would so love to see MK11's Sonya with a different voice, one that actually has emotional depth and energy to it, because it sadly affects the whole persona of the character.
Who was Sonya's face model? I can't seem to find her. I do wish them to change Sonya as well, her VA from MKX was hype!

Mr.Khen

I am you
Yes, especially for Sheeva to make the shallow puddle boys cry while they say nothing about how ugly Goro and Kintaro are. It's almost like half human/half dragon monsters wouldn't be sexually appealing to human or something lol.

This is my Sheeva so we have to stan! My custom variation names will 100% be Princess Fiona, I am here for it.
I actually REALLY like Sheeva's face and think she's beautiful in MK11. maybe the best she ever looked tbh.

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
Who was Sonya's face model? I can't seem to find her. I do wish them to change Sonya as well, her VA from MKX was hype!
As far as I'm aware she's purely CGI, which is all the more impressive. Think that's why she had that big change from an early reveal trailer when people complained about her looks?

But god that voice "Stand down!", "Take nooo prisoners!", "I won't be the one who scars you!" ugh.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
The girls and boys of this game are gorgeous. Jade, Kitana, Skarlet, Sindel, Jacqui and Cassie especially. The boys got it going on too with Kano, Subby, Scorpion, Johnny, Nightwolf, Jax, Kung Lao(my baby), Liu Kang etc. I think they did great selections and I'd love to see this set brought back for future games, but I'm definitely skeptical of them keeping that fidelity and consistency.

Attachments

Yes. They are so lifelike now. Would look weird and jarring now if they suddenly changed. It should be treated liked Mk1-3 where a good majority of the digitized actors remained the same throughout.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

View attachment 16872
Fuckin’ banger. My big green mattress kitten.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I actually REALLY like Sheeva's face and think she's beautiful in MK11. maybe the best she ever looked tbh.
I like her face a lot, but I find her eyes take away from her expressiveness. Good voice, too. Looking forward to playing her.

Last edited:

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Let's face it (pun intended)
The face models for MK11 our mostly gorgeous and spot on.

At this point, should they become legacy and remain looking the same in the next game? or are you into changing it up from game to game?

Would love to hear your thoughts which ones you would defintley want to remain legacy and which you feel doesn't fit the characters.
On a different note I can't wait to see Fujin's face model.

I personally think they've done a really good job on the face models of the characters, I find it hard to imagine them in a different form now.
Keep em,

Last edited:

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
no one beside shang will come back in mk12 and we get a new cast so who cares :coffee:

Art Lean

Noob
I have 1 complaint about Frost though. She looks bad compared to her model imo.
I think it's just a combination of her dodgy tomboy haircuts and the fact that her voice-acting sounds like such a posturing whining brat; I'm sure that's the point, but she talks exactly like Rain and his childish boasting in Mortal Kombat Annihilation:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Maybe not this time? I don't understand why what has happened has to dictate what's going to happen.
It's going to happen because it's been going on for almost 30 years now and will not stop. NRS wants to constantly innovate and change the way you play their fighting games. INJ1 - INJ2 is the closest thing you'll see gameplay wise to be similar, but even then all faces, models, characters that are in the same games have been drastically changed.