What's new

Would you want the current character face models to remain in MK12?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The model for Jade , Sub, and Scorpion were done dirty, they're way better looking irl. Jade still looks pretty good though.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Imagine being a real life model, who has agreed to have their likeness in a video game all about brutally goring characters for the fun of it. pls.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Fujin looks like the Fabio of MK 11, literally looks like a model that happens to be a God lmao. But his design looks great, the hair, the glowing tattoos etc are awesome.

a young Talisa Soto would be the best ever for Kitana .... the way they brought Cary Tagawa for MK11, they could do the same for Kitana in MK 12, bringing Mrs. Soto again, hehe :D

Even now, she still looks good.

I agree! They all did a wonderful job and think the characters look fantastic, especially Scorpion, Sub Zero, Liu Kang, Jade, Sindel and Skarlet... oh and of course the one and only Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung.

Ronda Rousey needs instant dismissal from the voice acting though! Would so love to see MK11's Sonya with a different voice, one that actually has emotional depth and energy to it, because it sadly affects the whole persona of the character.
Implying Sonya had character to begin with.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think this is a strange post... I guess the answer is YES for me. I do want them to change.. but not because they look terrible or anything.

I would "want" them to change as technology will be better and during the process of making the new models they will just look different. Each subsequent MK will always look different as all the assets need to be rebuilt.

So the entire question is a mute point really. You may as well be asking "Do you think the sun should come up in the west very morning?"... will the MK character models change? Yes, of course they will.

Photorealism has its limits though, I guess. We talk about it a lot in the film industry. Reality is something we see everyday, once we can achieve it, and we are getting super close... the continuing upgrading of special effects every year will stop. You can not make something look "more real" than reality. I mean think about were CG has gone over the last 10 year even. There is a lot of room still, but there is a theoretical limit.

Now computer games are way way behind due to the real time needs, and processors themselves have a physical limit. So many years to go for them.. BUT it is conceivable I guess that one day they will scan in a human or build one in a sculpting app and that character will be "done". Forever not changed as that face or body simply never needs to be, as it loos as real as it can. I saw a lecture once by Noah Hughes at a convention and he predicts that we may see "characters" become more like actors in computer games. As in the model for Kitana and her Voice Actress appear in multiple games as different characters in the same way an actor can be in more than once film. I am not sure about this. I just think it is as animation directors HATE "named actors" so much and would much prefer to have a trained and talented voice actor. So he "wants" the actual video game stars to become famous and draws in trailers.

So I spouse I just constricted myself, but I am talking way way down the line. For now, and the foreseeable, new MK models and clothing is just inevitable.

No.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
I want to go back to Injustice 1 faces. Also, bring back leaning far forward on Vs. screens.

I like the calls here for movie faces. I'd gladly drop dollar on a skin pack with Musetta Vander as Sindel, Linden Ashby as Johnny Cage, Talisa Soto as Kitana etc. Will never happen, but a nice thought.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
If they had given Kronika hair she would have been a 10/10 design. Voiced by a legend, face model is perfect, just had to give her no hair and make fighting her super annoying RNG