What's new

Would you want the current character face models to remain in MK12?

Art Lean

Noob
View attachment 17015
Am I misreading ur post or did u not know this is the face model for Sonya? Im the dumb so feel free to laugh if I misread.
I am aware she does the (awful) voice acting, but can find no confirmation that she was the face. Threads such as these below support that, and as per Stormgoddess's big chart there, Sonya's still not on there, and that seems very strange for such a main character.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77448576 - thread title: "Why would NRS hire Ronda Rousey, but then not use her likeness for Sonya Blade?"

Someone thinking they found her face actress in October 19 but then de-confirmed:

Considering there was that re-work of her face after the initial trailer landed that everyone was bitching about, it's led to a few threads I've read (they may be wrong) stating that she was purely CGI and that there wasn't a model (perhaps she was one of the first faces designed then they brought in models once they realised the backlash to wonky Sonya?). Whether she was just CGI or not has yet to be confirmed, and neither has a face model been identified either, so either way from everything I can see, it wasn't Ronda Rousey for anything but voice.

DeftMonk

Noob
I am aware she does the (awful) voice acting, but can find no confirmation that she was the face. Threads such as these below support that, and as per Stormgoddess's big chart there, Sonya's still not on there, and that seems very strange for such a main character.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77448576 - thread title: "Why would NRS hire Ronda Rousey, but then not use her likeness for Sonya Blade?"

Someone thinking they found her face actress in October 19 but then de-confirmed:

Considering there was that re-work of her face after the initial trailer landed that everyone was bitching about, it's led to a few threads I've read (they may be wrong) stating that she was purely CGI and that there wasn't a model (perhaps she was one of the first faces designed then they brought in models once they realised the backlash to wonky Sonya?). Whether she was just CGI or not has yet to be confirmed, and neither has a face model been identified either, so either way from everything I can see, it wasn't Ronda Rousey for anything but voice.

IMO it looks like a not done well ronda rousey.

Sonya is just nowhere as near as buff as Ronda so it doesn’t look the same I think.
I think they kinda based the face off her when they made her but didn’t do an actual face scan for whatever reason. Might be wrong but there are some similarities. Just imagine Sonya being way more buff.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
For the most part yes. I think faces look amazing and everyone looks very distinctive. Kano looks like a handsome devil, as he should.

Now they just need to get over the spaghetti arm syndrome and give the women who are in the military appropriate body types. It’s weird they can do such a great job with characters like Sindel and Kitana and then use cookie-cutter molds for the SF ladies.

Johnny is an actor and martial artist and he’s ripped, it makes sense. His wife, Sonya, has been in the military all her of her adult life, and yet she’s go the Pillsbury Doughboy’s stomach. Okay.

:coffee:

(This my bitching for the day, coffee’s gonna kick in soon so I should be in a better mood).

I’m in the minority but I prefer Sonya’s old face model before they tried to make her prettier. There is something more realistic about it that I find appealing. I get Sarah Connor and Ripley vibes from it. Fits her military background.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Yes, especially for Sheeva to make the shallow puddle boys cry while they say nothing about how ugly Goro and Kintaro are. It's almost like half human/half dragon monsters wouldn't be sexually appealing to human or something lol.

This is my Sheeva so we have to stan! My custom variation names will 100% be Princess Fiona, I am here for it.

View attachment 16872
Thicc

DeftMonk

Noob
I never have liked Sonya but this version of Sonya is by far my least favorite. Voiced by hoooorible voice actor with face similar to her yet body looks like she’s been in a third world prison for half a year. I woulda been more into the character if she had mk1 16 bit appearance voiced by bender from futurama.

Also not only do I think her design is abysmal playing against her is annoying as fuck. I honesty believe her design is so bad if u played her at launch there is no doubt u were just tier whoring cuz there is nothing interesting about a military women who looks like a junkie about to go to rehab.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
Going to be positive for once, a lot of the faces are good as they are. Frosts looks a little small and Sheeva's could stand to look more ghoulish (gonna miss the pointy nose) but overall the faces are fine.. The only complaint I really have about the characters are the body models could be more varied and muscular, and some of the costumes are kind of shit.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Have Kitana return to her MKX appearance, please... Her face was gorgeous, I don't like Asian Kitana at all.

Sindel and Cetrion however look gorgeous in MK11. Cassie also looks way better than she looked in MKX.
Asian Kitana is best Kitana, and Asian Mileena...
Her face in MKX was fine...with the mask on.
She was Jawstana without it.

Art Lean

Noob
That’s Sindel and Jerrod’s fucking problem, mate
Considering how Sindel’s now turned out to be an utterly self indulgent whore, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jerrod himself had the awkward conversation with her; “Darling, why’s our daughter Chinese?” as she dismissively and belittlingly snapped at him “Oh don’t be so fucking stupid Jerrod!” shortly after she gave birth.

Meanwhile her personal trainer Wong slowly and quietly backed his way out of the room :D

Last edited: