What's new

Would you prefer MK10 w/o a Block Button?

Should the Block Button stay?

• Yes.

Votes: 127 73.0%
  • No, MK10 should be back to block

Votes: 48 27.6%

• Total voters

Alexandru Pascu

XBLGT:LordR3van90
Still don't really see the point behind taking it out of Injustice. I mean LT or L2 is a bit of a wasted button anyway with all it does is just changing which side the character is facing which is far as I can tell has no practical application in terms of gameplay.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Block button is a must for MK as much as Fatalities. If you want to hold back to block go play street fucking fighter or some other fighting game, simple as that.
Keeping the Block Button for Fatalities is skittles though.

Adhering to the masses though I think having MK back to block, would make it even more popular.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.. so try not to blow me up. Not like this poll even matters... I'm just straight up curious.

Aren't cross-ups kind of non-existent in MK because of the Block button also?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Still don't really see the point behind taking it out of Injustice. I mean LT or L2 is a bit of a wasted button anyway with all it does is just changing which side the character is facing which is far as I can tell has no practical application in terms of gameplay.
Eeeeh, that's not entirely true. I can't speak for stance switching in Injustice, but in MK9...it helped some moves to connect.

For example, when Raiden uses EX Lightning Bolt, it alternates between two speeds each time he uses it. I switched stances with him in training mode for the Hell of it and much to my shock - no pun intended - the speed of the second part of the attack changed considerably. Like, it hits faster than it normally would if you change from your default stance, but keeps you from starting a combo if your opponent is grounded.

Don't ask me about the above. I have no idea why it works that way.

For a more practical use in general, you could use stance switching as your way of "faking" movement, maybe provoke a reaction from your opponent. The mind-games, bro. It works.

By the way STORMS - I vote keeping the block button to preserve MK tradition.

Give the player a option to use or not use the block button from the settings menu. As for me, if the block button were to be removed, I would not be upset at all.

----------------------------------

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
They should just make it so you need to hold the block button plus a direction to actually add cross ups to MK. People still get their block button while still adding depth to the gameplay.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I like that the Block button helps people I don't like hate the game I love, they better never get rid of it for MK.

Give the player a option to use or not use the block button from the settings menu. As for me, if the block button were to be removed, I would not be upset at all.

----------------------------------
That would break the game so hard for people that use BTB.Only they would have to deal with crossups and not have the ability to block in place.

I honestly never understood the huge ordeal over a block button. I mean their are many games out there with and without block buttons, it just depends on the games style.

Then again, I was playing MK since Mk1 hit the arcade along with tons of other fighters.

st9rm

viennality.com
I hope MK10 has nothing that Injustice does (transitions, interactables, back to block, etc). If they want to play Injustice they can play Injustice.

MK10 should be an MK game.
i agree, except that i want the practice mode from injustice ;)
edit:
and how they handled the movelist with framedata etc

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The block button is a staple of MK and love it or hate it, it is always going to stay IMO. I have no problems with it.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I hope MK10 has nothing that Injustice does (transitions, interactables, back to block, etc). If they want to play Injustice they can play Injustice.

MK10 should be an MK game.
There are some things MK can borrow: non-generic JIP / K, non-generic low pokes, transitions (they were present in MKD & MKA).