Fat characters yes or no

• Yes!

Votes: 51 60.7%
  • No!

Votes: 33 39.3%

• Total voters

Pizza

Thrill Kill
There aren't many fat characters in MK, and I think this could add some variety both to body shapes and gameplay. Bo Rai Cho was very good in MKX, his gameplay translated very well from 3D to 2D style. There was also the completely out of shape Stryker from MK3, but I dislike that character too much.

It's a shame we don't have a proper sumo wrestler, or a big guy who specializes in grappling. Maybe this should be addressed in future games.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
As long as it isn't a gross out humor fat slob joke of a character, I wouldn't mind seeing fighters who are on the heavier side.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Depends on the character. If it's just because it's a schtick that they're fat, then no thanks. But if they have more to offer, then sure!

Bo'Rai Cho has some good potential on that front, and I thought his gameplay in MKX was pretty good. But people seem put off by him being gross with his puking and farting... which is fair enough, as it kinda just adds to his schtick. However, as a character, being an Outworld kung fu master, training Liu Kang and Kung Lao so they can defend Earthrealm... I love that about him! Sadly though, his overall design is pretty bland too.

There are other fat characters I think are pretty cool, like Honda from Street Fighter and Bob from Tekken, for example - Honda being the traditional sumo wrestler, and Bob who is extremely agile for a fat guy and uses his size as an advantage.

As long it makes sense for them to be a fighter first, then it can be done well.

Edit:
Also, you can be fat AND healthy and strong, btw. Those thinking otherwise are ignorant.

Last edited:
They're rarely interesting and often overfocused on the gimmick. Earthquake from Samurai Showdown was good, but so many of them are just dumb.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Daniel Cormier would dump you on your head while eatin popeyes and cake.
This is not fat, dude. This guy's got more muscle in his arm than half of average men in all their body.

This is fat.

But that's besie the point. The point is that if the fact that a character is supposed to be in MK just because it's fat, than it's a waste of time and effort, more so in MK where lore and characters are pretty developed and have to stand up to likes like Scorpion and Liu Kang. Bit I bet nobody wants this kind of fat.