• Yes!

Votes: 51 60.7%
  • No!

Votes: 33 39.3%

• Total voters

Lun

proud TERF!
I don't want fat characters.
I want characters who are interesting and happen to be fat because it suits their role.

Bo'Rai Cho is one of my favorite characters in MK, so that answers the question.

Also, all these pictures of fat dudes in fighting games made me realize we never got a fat woman in a fighting game. So now I want to see that. I can only imagine the backlash, if people are already angry that Jade isn't in bikini!

Pizza

Thrill Kill
It’s a hard no from me for 3 reasons:

1: We sacrificed sex appeal for realism. Realistically martial artists and warriors are fit. Do you want to be known as the game that’s replaced sexy women for fat guys? I do not.

2. I like grapplers but MK has never really nailed it. It’s a tough archetype to get right and balanced. They tend to be really strong (Zangief) or trash (Potemkin). Goro, Sheeva, Ferra/Torr were all MK characters I enjoyed aesthetically, and I hope Sheeva appears in DLC, but they weren’t really competitive and they weren’t fat. Grappler Variations in MkX were also outshined by other choices.

3. There is an epidemic of obesity in my country, USA, and expanding around the world. It particularly disturbs me to see morbidly obese grade school children. I don’t want fat characters to be idolized or viewed heroically because I think it might deter people from working toward health.

... and now for another opinion:
Only point nº 2 is valid. I see the concerns about grapplers in MK.

Points 1 and 3...

Roy Nelson and his 23 UFC wins. Are you going to say he is not fat too? :oops:
Lol Roy Nelson has 23 wins in MMA, not in the UFC. I think most wins total under the UFC promotion is 22, held by Cowboy Cerrone.

I don't give a fuck if they make fat characters, just give them a cool design and make them fun to play.

Also, a lot of ignorance around fitness and fighting. There are numerous heavyweights and super heavyweights that train harder than y'all have ever done and are still soft around the middle. Daniel Cormier, Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt, Aorigele, Josh Copeland, Josh Barnett, Matt Mitrione, Derrick Lewis. Fuck, even the GOAT Fedor Emelianenko! I can go on. One thing MMA has taught me, don't let anyone's physique fool you, they will still fuck you up.