What's new

Would you like fat characters?

Fat characters yes or no

• Yes!

Votes: 51 60.7%
  • No!

Votes: 33 39.3%

• Total voters
Bo Rai Cho is the only one and he is a comedy character that throws up and farts and drinks.
The only way a fat fighter works in a fighting game is as a comedy character. As much as I like SPEED AND WEIGHT motto, I doubt it has place in MK.
It's also a whole new can of worms with animating fatalities.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I wouldn't mind it if we did get a new fat character, but I'm not sure what would NRS do with him. I fear they would call him Gor' Do, and make him be eating stuff in all his intros and victories.
McDonald's clown as dlc. Eats big Mac in intros and piles down fries as finisher, he barely fits in suit.

MK has too many animations to allow bigger Sized Characters imo (like Birdie from SF) imagine if Sonya grabs the big dude and clips into him and the entre throw animation is a mess

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
I wouldn’t mind a chubby female to be introduced. Bo Rai Cho is actually one of my mains in MKX, and I’m a huge fan of his character. A drunken master with no shame trained Liu Kang and Kung Lao??? Hell yes! Although I can already tell that if we ever do get a chubbier female, everyone will lose their minds.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
It's literally a form of martial art.
Lol. No. „Professional sumo (ōzumō) roots trace back to the Edo period in Japan as a form of sporting entertainment.” But, realistically. Sow me a sumo wrestler compete with an MMA fighter and beat him and I'll believe you. Here are two examples (and these are professional sports examples). The only way an overweight guy can beat a slimer, muscular guy is buy trying to squish him. Also sumo wrestlers have absolutely no training in martial arts except the sumo regime. Just stop deluding yourselves and take reality for what it is.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Fat and overweigh are not the same I think. But esthetically, no, I don’t. Imagine fat Kitana who barely fits her outfit with love handles
Kitana might be the first video game character I've ever been attracted to. That can't be normal, right? I really don't know what to do with that.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Bo Rai Cho is the only one and he is a comedy character that throws up and farts and drinks.
The only way a fat fighter works in a fighting game is as a comedy character. As much as I like SPEED AND WEIGHT motto, I doubt it has place in MK.
It's also a whole new can of worms with animating fatalities.
Bo Rai Cho fat is different than SF Rufus fat. I can handle the former, but I'll stop playing this game immediately if some chunky fuck like Rufus makes it on the roster.

No, not particularly. I don't mind Bo' Rai Cho, but I would probably rather him sit out the DLC in this game. He was in the MKX DLC, so give us other 3D era characters instead.

I love Bo and would be really excited about a fat female, I mean, it was probably never done before? At least in a non-stupid way like oh she eats a lot, and that's her thing lol

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I would love to see a well represented full bodied character in the MK series.

Bo Rai Cho is a real shame because I actually really like his personality in his quips and comments, but the whole "ha ha, look at the fat dude fart" thing ruins any enjoyment. That shit comes from a cruel place that the MK series should move on from.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Make him proper and polite. Like alfred from batman. He will have a suit of some sort or at least formal ware and has some form of martial arts training. He stands with pride and ambition but has class. He hides 1 hand folded mid way behind his back and the other bent forward similar to Jade's parry stance or kinda like if your holding a plate as a waitress.

He has magic but uses it sparingly as it damages his suit and you dont ruin the suit.
His intro will be him walking in, fixing his tie and patting the dirt off his flawless suit.
His outro will be him patting his suit clean and letting out a little burp right before he covers his mouth in a polite manner and says "oh, excuse me" and smiles with his eyes closed as the camera zooms in on him and slows down.
His fatality is him walking up to the opponent to give them a gentlemen's handshake right before tripping on his dress shoes and falling onto the victim, squashing him under his immense weight. While still on the ground, he pulls out a handkerchief and attempts to wipe the blood off his blood soaked arms and and it ends with him having a disappointed look on his face.

His name is Gorduin Gor-dee-in

D

Deleted member 59910

This is not fat, dude. This guy's got more muscle in his arm than half of average men in all their body.

This is fat.

But that's besie the point. The point is that if the fact that a character is supposed to be in MK just because it's fat, than it's a waste of time and effort, more so in MK where lore and characters are pretty developed and have to stand up to likes like Scorpion and Liu Kang. Bit I bet nobody wants this kind of fat.

Roy Nelson and his 23 UFC wins. Are you going to say he is not fat too? :oops:

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Fat and overweigh are not the same I think. But esthetically, no, I don’t. Imagine fat Kitana who barely fits her outfit with love handles
That would be hilarious. Could you imagine how distracting that would be with real-time physics and morbidly obese fighters? I always laugh at a show called into the badlands when a fat guy (clearly a stunt double in a fat suit) starts doing crazy ass Kung fu.

MKs fat guy is bo and the drunken master style is the perfect fit for a fat character imo. Sloppy but powerful. If they made a new bo focusing on drunken master like they did Jacqui and Thai kickboxing it would be awesome. And the comedy can focus on the drunken boxing as well, Jackie Chan was hilarious.

kantboy-2

Ripper

This is the 'fat woman' character we all should get. Outworlders are the best looking characters in MK 11 and I want more of them.

Trog/Ferra sounds about right.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
yeah if it was like how Mei is a bit chubbier in Overwatch then yes. I don't like associating fat people with grossness and stupidity or humor.

If the character just happens to be fat, just like Kung Jin happens to be gay I am here for it. I hate it when there is a "fat character" or a "gay character" and the traits become the character.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
It’s a hard no from me for 3 reasons:

1: We sacrificed sex appeal for realism. Realistically martial artists and warriors are fit. Do you want to be known as the game that’s replaced sexy women for fat guys? I do not.

2. I like grapplers but MK has never really nailed it. It’s a tough archetype to get right and balanced. They tend to be really strong (Zangief) or trash (Potemkin). Goro, Sheeva, Ferra/Torr were all MK characters I enjoyed aesthetically, and I hope Sheeva appears in DLC, but they weren’t really competitive and they weren’t fat. Grappler Variations in MkX were also outshined by other choices.

3. There is an epidemic of obesity in my country, USA, and expanding around the world. It particularly disturbs me to see morbidly obese grade school children. I don’t want fat characters to be idolized or viewed heroically because I think it might deter people from working toward health.

... and now for another opinion: