What's new

Worst/Funniest NRS balance decisions?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Alright but he said because she got good neutral she doesn't deserve an oki game. I don't even play Dvorah, but I believe every character should have oki. No matter how good your neutral is, if you score that knockdown you should always get some form of oki.
But D'vorah DOES have oki. Even in Swarm Queen, she's going to get a hard knockdown, which allows her to bait a wakeup or pressure, despite only being +7 on hit. No one can press buttons on wakeup as f1, b1, d4, etc are fast enough to beat anything but armor. The overhead actually could be poked out of, but that's where establishing respect comes in.

Venomous has surprisingly good corner oki. It's just almost never the right decision because of the vortex, but that doesn't change that she has reliable puddle setups that leave her +12 and one of the best armor breaking specials in the game.

Brood mother's oki is very nearly as good as prepatch SQ. Watch this video. That's just one aspect of what she can do, which doesn't even take into account that she can just go for straight hard-to-blockables, though honestly they do seem easier to block than most other htbs.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
As badly as Kano was handled during the MK9 era, it's systematically impossible that he was the worst in the game as long as Stryker was around in the state he was in. Every problem Kano had I guarantee you Stryker had worse.
sorry, i couldnt stop myself from reading Strykie :DOGE

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This thread quickly went from "absolute worst balance decisions" to "comparatively minor changes that I'm particularly mad about because they affected my character", lol.

No, MKX Reptile is not one of the most egregious or funniest examples of balance in NRS fighting games. Goodness gracious you silly gooses :)

Wigy

There it is...
This thread quickly went from "absolute worst balance decisions" to "comparatively minor changes that I'm particularly mad about because they affected my character", lol.

No, MKX Reptile is not one of the most egregious or funniest examples of balance in NRS fighting games. Goodness gracious you silly gooses :)
Think the fact errons overhead got made 24 frames or whatever it is while reptiles is fast plus and launching is a lol

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I was pretty mad about Kotals b1 at first but b1 being a mid at i9, -2( or was it -3?) on block would be too good in this new meta. Kotal still has solid mid.
You can't know that for sure cuz they didn't give it a chance. I think all they needed to do was to take block stun off his specials

Last edited:
So people in mk9 complained about 50/50s and how stupid the idea of 50/50s was, in mk9 only a few characters depended on 50/50s and had 50/50s, but they were super unsafe and a very risky move yet people complained about it. What did NRS do? they made 90% of the cast have 50/50s, alot of them were half safe(either low or overhead is safe), some are completely safe, some are even plus on block lol... good one NRS

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Meterless restands...they should never exist...but they do.
In my eyes, it depends on the situation the re-stand puts you in. Goro can re-stand his foes using Chest Lunge but no one complains about it because the risk is far greater than the reward. Like-wise, Cybernetic Kano can end his combos with a re-stand but it provides minor advantage so no one cries wolf. I think banishing the re-stand is as foolish as banishing the OTG; keep the yolk discard the shell.