What's new

Worst/Funniest NRS balance decisions?

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Sub's only armor being on the yolo slide. Used to use EX bomb to get my opponent off me in the corners. Now I no longer can use the EX Bomb, and I'm seldom using the EX Slide to get out of there as my first option, and the wallrun as the second, and rarely the Ice Klone option.

I can understand the other characters' pain as well, but as a Sub Zero main it's a heartbreaking one for me. Since the post-patch everyone just duck blocks our wakeups.

This game might have been balanced in its way, but for me it's...getting us thinking less and less the options to save our asses or punish our opponents this way.

And I noticed that Kung Lao became too fast than pre-patch. They just gave him more speed.
Nearly everytime I read one of these posts I'm temporarily induced into a coma.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
When IGAU was released, Solomon Grundy's trait throw could not be clashed which gave him the highest unbreakable damage. Unfortunately NRS decided it was too good and took it away in an early hot-fix.
This was terrible for Grundy for a number of reasons;
  1. Grundy has trouble finding meter but loves to spend it which means he rarely ever wins a clash.
  2. Grundy is easily zoned while having no real full-screen presence of his own.
  3. Grundy has some of the slowest footsies in the game so returning to neutral is especially painful.
  4. The trait buff can now be clashed during the x1 animation, stopping Grundy from getting a x2 buff.
I believe this happened because the clash mechanic was a new concept that people were having trouble using; By making Grundy's trait clash-able it made the new concept easier to understand. Pandering to the lowest common denominator ruined this character; if people just took him to practice mode they would have learned to clash earlier in the combo and how to avoid his throw mix-ups.

The erron nerfs. slowing down his f1 so much that it looks like the game froze.but other chars get to keep their ridicilous overheads like sub zero and reptiles b2. great balance!

Also nerfing the shit out of dragon naginata damage.Why nerf one of the harder execution variations so much? The damage of her combos is like only 3 hits for that fuckin potatoe kotal kahn

thlityoursloat

kick kick
F/T EX oh and low toss now launch, which is weird because F/T already had solid OH/low mixups prepatch.
Oh and Ninjutsu F2 becoming an OH, which is STUPID because F2 already was great and had tons of utility outside of being a mixup tool.

Wigy

There it is...
ermac reptile and subzero all dodging nerfs on overhead.. (Ermac got off lightly)

Meanwhile errons who is worse than all of them gets raped on his OH

Also found it funny the only thing that needed fixed on StuntD was his HTB and its the only thing they didnt even fix. Legit taken everything away and given him nothing.

Weird op quan buffs for no reason also,

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Making it so D'vorah players don't get mindless oki that has no regard for wake ups or mind games with quick or long delays.

Oh wait, how is that a bad change?
because now she gets 0 oki setups, if you see dvorah's still trying to do knockdowns into puddle in the corner, just mash armor everytime, if its not slow as shit, it'll punish everytime.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I'd just like the remind the kind folks in this thread that triborgs overhead is 22 frames and I have no problems opening up anyone I've played with it

I don't think 1 frame is a deal breaker.

An overhead is to catch people on wake-up or low poking, not a herp-derp you can't react to this game winner.

Last edited: