What's new

Wonder Woman General Discussion Thread

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Thor, I would love to see you and @Akromaniac27 play a first to whatever set. Akro is probably the best Inj2 WW that ive seen and i am NOT convinced that she sucks like you seem to think. Can you show yourself shutting his WW down because Ive seen him use ALL of her tools/ buffs. Ive seen him use her parry in match and benefit from the buff. Akro seems to be open to play anyone and you seem to think that it's easy to negate WW tools. Of course it all for fun but it's something that would either prove your points or his.
People just have a wrong opinion on WW because she isn't easy to pick up and win MUs with.

You need a solid understanding and execution on Instant air down shield for less recovery and you need to manage meter very well and Burn shields in the right places. On top of that you need to be patient!

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Thor, I would love to see you and @Akromaniac27 play a first to whatever set. Akro is probably the best Inj2 WW that ive seen and i am NOT convinced that she sucks like you seem to think. Can you show yourself shutting his WW down because Ive seen him use ALL of her tools/ buffs. Ive seen him use her parry in match and benefit from the buff. Akro seems to be open to play anyone and you seem to think that it's easy to negate WW tools. Of course it all for fun but it's something that would either prove your points or his.
I'd love to play Wonder Woman that made me think she was good and worth using (even though i find her playstyle, when played at the highest level you can, to be incredibly boring which was the opposite of her fun rushdown high mobility IGAU1 version). I think I was about 9th on the leaderboards a week ago with Aquaman, and now I'm 40ish trying out Catwoman. All the way in 900 matches I dont think I've lost to a SINGLE Wonder Woman. ...and I mean I've even lost to Swamp Thing sometimes.

A lot of that is because of my total familiarity with her and knowledge of all her incredibly limited toolset. I tried her for a good while when it came out ,but she is just incredibly easy to beat with Catwoman or Aquaman. She just cant get in on me as AM ever (although it can be hard to get in on her too, but AM wins at range). And upclose or in ji2 range with Catwoman it's not fair for WoWo.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
People just have a wrong opinion on WW because she isn't easy to pick up and win MUs with.

You need a solid understanding and execution on Instant air down shield for less recovery and you need to manage meter very well and Burn shields in the right places. On top of that you need to be patient!
...or you know, she's not that good. Especially compared to other characters I like.

I feel like your statement pretty much just admitted that she's not very good.

I don't think she's terrible, but I think at BEST she's mid tier. I just don't see anything "scary" about her. I think you have to play VERY solid just to have a shot to win with her, whereas a lot of other characters can win with less than average fundamentals.

I saw a video or a post where Akro said he thinks she could be top 10, but I think that's more about Akro being a good player rather than WW being a good character.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

I don't think she's terrible, but I think at BEST she's mid tier. I just don't see anything "scary" about her. I think you have to play VERY solid just to have a shot to win with her, whereas a lot of other characters can win with less than average fundamentals.

I saw a video or a post where Akro said he thinks she could be top 10, but I think that's more about Akro being a good player rather than WW being a good character.
so mid tier is a bad character? now i think i see where some of you are coming from... you want WW to be OP where anyone who picks her up can mash their way to easy wins???

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
so mid tier is a bad character? now i think i see where some of you are coming from... you want WW to be OP where anyone who picks her up can mash their way to easy wins???
Orrrr we want her to be useful/fun/worth maining like the God of War, the best 1v1 fighter in the DC Universe, should be.

She isnt even a jack of all trades and master of none, shes a novice of all trades and master of none.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I'd love to play Wonder Woman that made me think she was good and worth using (even though i find her playstyle, when played at the highest level you can, to be incredibly boring which was the opposite of her fun rushdown high mobility IGAU1 version). I think I was about 9th on the leaderboards a week ago with Aquaman, and now I'm 40ish trying out Catwoman. All the way in 900 matches I dont think I've lost to a SINGLE Wonder Woman. ...and I mean I've even lost to Swamp Thing sometimes.

A lot of that is because of my total familiarity with her and knowledge of all her incredibly limited toolset. I tried her for a good while when it came out ,but she is just incredibly easy to beat with Catwoman or Aquaman. She just cant get in on me as AM ever (although it can be hard to get in on her too, but AM wins at range). And upclose or in ji2 range with Catwoman it's not fair for WoWo.
Okay cool...just waiting on the invite

Reading not your strong suit?

No seriously. Can you read?

Never said she was bad, never said she was mid tier. I said "at best she is mid tier", meaning - she's like 15-20th in the game.

And no, you don't see where I'm coming from. I don't want WW to be OP. I could care less if she's the worst character in the game or the best character in the game.

You misread my post or misunderstood it and had a tantrum on your keyboard.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster

"Being positive is like going up a mountain. Being negative is like sliding down a hill. A lot of times, people want to take the easy way out, because it's basically what they've understood throughout their lives".

If people want to win with easy characters then fine; but it doesn't correlate with WWs strength as a character.

StormGoddess

Reading not your strong suit?

No seriously. Can you read?

Never said she was bad, never said she was mid tier. I said "at best she is mid tier", meaning - she's like 15-20th in the game.

And no, you don't see where I'm coming from. I don't want WW to be OP. I could care less if she's the worst character in the game or the best character in the game.

You misread my post or misunderstood it and had a tantrum on your keyboard.
LOL- You better fall back tough guy...that's why i put question marks.
Believe it you not there are characters that cant air dash
Believe it you not there are characters that have projectiles
Believe it you not there are characters that have low damage

Wonder woman not having an air dash doesn't make or break the character. I am fully in agreement that she should have 0ne but it's just another option.

Last edited:
If people want to win with easy characters then fine; but it doesn't correlate with WWs strength as a character
I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure how much it applies.

If the characters that most people consider to be top tier and are easy to play (Superman, Aquaman, Batman, etc.) consistently do well or win in tournaments, then there is no arguing how good they are.

If characters who most people consider to be below average or bottom tier and are hard to play (WW, Swamp, etc.) rarely do well or win in tournaments, then there is no arguing that either.

In other words, I think we have to wait to see how things shake out in the future. Until then, the general consensus decides what the tiers are and as of right now, it's not looking too great for WW.

LOL- You better fall back tough guy...
Cool. I'll fall back when you apologize for misunderstanding my post and attacking me for absolutely no reason.

I'm so sorry that I said WW was midtier at best. How dare I? I can see why you were so offended by that.

StormGoddess

Cool. I'll fall back when you apologize for misunderstanding my post and attacking me for absolutely no reason.

I'm so sorry that I said WW was midtier at best. How dare I? I can see why you were so offended by that.
so mid tier is a bad character?
question?
me-
in my mind mid tier mean competitive

you-
I just don't see anything "scary" about her.
me-
now i think i see where some of you are coming from... you want WW to be OP where anyone who picks her up can mash their way to easy wins???

-reason i stated -op where you can get easy wins is because WW IMO takes have patience and fundamental - she's solid
that's why i had ???, so you could further explain
-----
THIS IS AN ATTACK TO YOU????
eta...
anyway- my final thought is that I believe(and always have) that Inj2 WW is a good, solid character. She takes patience, fundamental and some execution to get the best out of her. Me thinking she's solid or mid-tier assumed that this was fine but when some others complained about buffs, i didnt completely understand.
Watching Akro has verified to me that she can complete with any other character at a high level at this current patch.
Lex(Cool dude )doesn't have fun playing her , but for me she really fun. I already stated that i didnt play injustice 1, so INj2 ww was fresh and new for me. I didnt have to get use to her missing moves from her toolset, so i understood why others wanted removed moves back.

Last edited:
How do you guys deal with Atroctius ?

The MU feels really rough. It is not easy to outspace him because the guy have incredibly good footsies string. The cat BS basically force me to either pushblock or eat a ton of chip/50/50 mixups that he is safe after because of the cat.

I also despise his WU attack. I know about the D12 to stuff it but what i hate is that because you hit him airborne, you don't get full damage on him. Unlike most of the reversals in the game, most guys like Batman, Lantern or whatever would eat a full combo. The MU would be way better if D12 would hit him grounded. Sadly MB B3 isn't a great choice against either but whatever.

Basically what i do is try to push him into the corner and work from there, however the big issue is that overtime he will get the dumb cat and it will allow him to force his way back.

I don't know. From my experience him and Batman feels like the toughest MUs yet for WW.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster

The MU feels really rough. It is not easy to outspace him because the guy have incredibly good footsies string. The cat BS basically force me to either pushblock or eat a ton of chip/50/50 mixups that he is safe after because of the cat.

I also despise his WU attack. I know about the D12 to stuff it but what i hate is that because you hit him airborne, you don't get full damage on him. Unlike most of the reversals in the game, most guys like Batman, Lantern or whatever would eat a full combo. The MU would be way better if D12 would hit him grounded. Sadly MB B3 isn't a great choice against either but whatever.

Basically what i do is try to push him into the corner and work from there, however the big issue is that overtime he will get the dumb cat and it will allow him to force his way back.

I don't know. From my experience him and Batman feels like the toughest MUs yet for WW.
Im interested in this as well. I haven't played a good one yet but would like some tips before I do

I didn't understand how you came to the conclusion that I was implying that midtier = bad. I don't see anything that I wrote that indicates that.

So answer your question - No, I don't think midtier is bad.

The attack was - you implying that you think that I'm some kind of scrub that just wants to mash buttons and get easy wins. This is not where I'm coming from.

I'm not complaining about WW, just giving my opinion. Things In fact, by saying that I think she's midtier at best or around 15th-20th, I'm giving everyone here a compliment. It means that we have to works harder and smarter to win, and I'm okay with that. Like I stated before, I could care less if she's top tier or bottom tier.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
I think she's top 10. I think she loses like 2-3 match ups, being batman, fate, and possibly green arrow. I still need to play more people in the green arrow and maybe even cat woman mu. She can definitely fight the top tier, but they will be long drawn out matches. Once I accepted that almost all my matches would be a slog, I started doing a lot better with her.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I think she's top 10. I think she loses like 2-3 match ups, being batman, fate, and possibly green arrow. I still need to play more people in the green arrow and maybe even cat woman mu. She can definitely fight the top tier, but they will be long drawn out matches. Once I accepted that almost all my matches would be a slog, I started doing a lot better with her.
Cyborg is bad too IMO.

I feel like WoWo needs a lot of buffs. She has no dirty tactics. What if the Bracelets of Submission automatically reset every time they blocked an attack? Like, if Deadshot fired his gun and the Bracelets blocked every bullet instead of just the first three. Or if someone did a melee string and her Bracelets auto-parried every attack after the first one.

Also, her Bracelet buff should allow her to parry low attacks and aerial attacks too, not just increase the damage increase length.

Furthermore, WoWo should turn around whenever she airdashes over someone's head, so that she can actually attack afterwards.

She could use some a low attack, maybe she swings her lasso low to stop people from walking backwards forever. That's a major problem for her. Brainiac has a f2>d1 string that has him lash a tendril low. That would be great for WoWo.

I'm trying to get good with her, but WoWo is so much harder. I'm almost ready to drop her and go for someone else.

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/

You can do d1 to knock him out of the air then 113, 11 lasso, 11db MB(2 bars) for a wall bounce into whatever you like. Just have to be creative and lab it. Same works for black adam's f12 string.

I feel like WoWo needs a lot of buffs. She has no dirty tactics. What if the Bracelets of Submission automatically reset every time they blocked an attack? Like, if Deadshot fired his gun and the Bracelets blocked every bullet instead of just the first three. Or if someone did a melee string and her Bracelets auto-parried every attack after the first one.

Also, her Bracelet buff should allow her to parry low attacks and aerial attacks too, not just increase the damage increase length.

Furthermore, WoWo should turn around whenever she airdashes over someone's head, so that she can actually attack afterwards.

She could use some a low attack, maybe she swings her lasso low to stop people from walking backwards forever. That's a major problem for her. Brainiac has a f2>d1 string that has him lash a tendril low. That would be great for WoWo.

I'm trying to get good with her, but WoWo is so much harder. I'm almost ready to drop her and go for someone else.
I think she's fine. She doesn't have dirt so you have to play patiently and really outplay your opponent. She's a solid character imo. The parry is situational. I wouldn't use it as my go to move to avoid every gap in a string or every projectile. Realistically you're not going to parry every bullet or laser in a match. The only thing I would ask for is to make her trait selectable instead of random. WW players just have to play patient and get in. Remember you can do like 40-45% off of a hit confirmable 6 frame d1 with 1 bar.

I think she's fine. She doesn't have dirt so you have to play patiently and really outplay your opponent. She's a solid character imo. The parry is situational. I wouldn't use it as my go to move to avoid every gap in a string or every projectile. Realistically you're not going to parry every bullet or laser in a match. The only thing I would ask for is to make her trait selectable instead of random. WW players just have to play patient and get in. Remember you can do like 40-45% off of a hit confirmable 6 frame d1 with 1 bar.
The problem is that her d1 has such short range that WoWo has to be close enough to do a reach around in order to do any damage. Everyone can just take two steps back and she can't do any good combos.

WoWo has to work harder than most characters to do damage. And you need to have super precise inputs in order to get them to work. d1,2 >b,f2MB is really tough, more so than anyone else that I've learned to play. If I'm not JUST right, then it comes out as d1 > db2MB and suddenly I'm wide open.

She needs some quality of life buffs. Air dash isn't worth anything unless she has a good crossover attack, which she doesn't at the moment. Her Air Amazonian Bash should not be gear! That's the only thing she has that makes the air dash useful!

Being great with WoWo will only put you on the same field as being mediocre with Supergirl. There's no reward to learning WoWo unless you're a masochist.