What's new

Wonder Woman General Discussion Thread

Yoaks

A spaceman
Isolating discussion on the character doesn't change the character's tools or abilities. Nor does it help win tournaments. :)
I wish most of the discussion was here too. But its not sadly. Guys like Akro have said countless times on how good this character is but since Day 1 and until now, the discussions are still the same. Complaining about how this character isn't fun or how she plays in game doesn't relate to her lore as well as it should.

So I can see why most of the WW players moved over to Discord because there's been more contribution their in the last month then there as been here since the game has been released. So why stay here? Just to hear ppl complain about how WW doesn't play the way they want her too?

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I wish most of the discussion was here too. But its not sadly. Guys like Akro have said countless times on how good this character is but since Day 1 and until now, the discussions are still the same. Complaining about how this character isn't fun or how she plays in game doesn't relate to her lore as well as it should.

So I can see why most of the WW players moved over to Discord because there's been more contribution their in the last month then there as been here since the game has been released. So why stay here? Just to hear ppl complain about how WW doesn't play the way they want them too?
Absolutely. Bottom line is that a lot of people are over wanting to nitpick about the character or debate dumb shit. Convo in the Discord is about refining matchups, tech, generally enjoying the game, supporting people who are traveling / competing offline, and just generally being chill. I had hoped that sort of culture would be cultivated here but that wasn't the case.

Stanlos

Noob
Absolutely. Bottom line is that a lot of people are over wanting to nitpick about the character or debate dumb shit. Convo in the Discord is about refining matchups, tech, generally enjoying the game, supporting people who are traveling / competing offline, and just generally being chill. I had hoped that sort of culture would be cultivated here but that wasn't the case.
Well that is interesting. I will post on CBR rather than here as my exposure to WW the entity is from the comics and cartoons. I didn't know that such discussion was a no-no but now that I do I will leave you guys to it

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
still havent seen a link to this wowo discord. been looking for people who know how to use her great tools

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Just an FYI, there's a special Wonder Woman Multiverse up atm that says something about earning "movie" gear. Dunno if it's unique or a rerun or a previous event or what, but figured no I'd pass it along.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Yeah, apparently used her quite a lot in pools. Not sure if he used her in top 8 though
Did not use her in top 8, used BA. I caught one of his pool matches. He straight bullied a CW or Canary, can't remember. But he played her mostly how you should and how most of the whiners don't like. Anyway his opponent switched to WW for a mirror and didn't fair much better.

Skedar70

Noob
If you look at this game you can clearly see that this was a lame game. However, Wonder Woman seems to be meant to be played like this. Usually wonder woman fights take longer depending on the MU but in general they are long patient fights.

Currently Wonder Woman is not being seen much in the competitive scene therefore people aren't yet complaining about her. Now that Dragon has picked her up and if he sticks with her people will continue to see this on stream.

So get ready for all the complaining that is going to be coming this way just like the Aquaman complaining and the dead shot lame complaining.

Stanlos

Noob
If you look at this game you can clearly see that this was a lame game. However, Wonder Woman seems to be meant to be played like this. Usually wonder woman fights take longer depending on the MU but in general they are long patient fights.

Currently Wonder Woman is not being seen much in the competitive scene therefore people aren't yet complaining about her. Now that Dragon has picked her up and if he sticks with her people will continue to see this on stream.

So get ready for all the complaining that is going to be coming this way just like the Aquaman complaining and the dead shot lame complaining.
It will be very interesting to see if he can stick with her. Reading the boards one of the things I saw expressed as a concern was that at higher levels of competitive play the kit would have difficulty versus the Black Adams, Supermans, and Batmans. I was trying to imagine how what we saw in the video from him would match up against the zoning that lasers give. I am hoping he does and I am hoping to see more Akro. But more than that I am hoping to develop more patience. I don't have it presently and it is my biggest obstacle playing her right now.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I think Dragon first tried her(as far as streaming goes) two weeks ago against semiji. Semiji beat him twice and then he switched to Aquaman and lost again. That run I thought he felt a little uncomfortable with her or something and figured it was a work in progress. Semiji is pretty good and all that, so I thought it was interesting he was willing to give her two tries against one of the very best players out there.

This past weekend I think I saw whatever was streamed of him playing WoWo. Darth Arma went into a whole deal about how you got to play her lame trying to address the fact that the excitement factor was on par with a Deadshot mirror.

I'm not sure what to think about his matches yet. I should probably rewatch them before saying stuff, but...all the lazy. I felt like the WoWo mirror was odd. It felt like it was a lot of shield toss checking at a distance which I would think would be a pretty dangerous way to play the mirror. Basically, I would expect the ease of punishing shield with shield would cause the mirror to devolve into an aggressive, rush down style of play which can be exciting. Maybe I'm missing something there as to why it didn't.

Dragon definitely seems to be approaching her in a very reserved way. I've kind of viewed her as being polarized in the sense of needing to flip between extreme defense to extreme aggression conditionally. I'm not quite sure what to think about using her in an exclusively reserved way.

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
Im having some sort of whiffing issues and wonder if I'm the only one? B+2 into her lasso grab seems to have issues. In practice mode if the b2 is blocked my lasso goes through my opponent without being blocked as if it weren't there. 3 into lasso is fine but b2 into lasso isn't working. Is this happening to anybody else?

Edit: lasso seems to whiff after a blocked attack more often than I thought.

Last edited:

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Im having some sort of whiffing issues and wonder if I'm the only one? B+2 into her lasso grab seems to have issues. In practice mode if the b2 is blocked my lasso goes through my opponent without being blocked as if it weren't there. 3 into lasso is fine but b2 into lasso isn't working. Is this happening to anybody else?

Edit: lasso seems to whiff after a blocked attack more often than I thought.

Do you mean max range b2? Max range b2, lasso grab does miss sometimes (I'm not too sure about this here but it seems to be at the max range possible)

I have a question about Injustice frame data for combo attacks. I'm sorry, I know it shouldn't be in this section, but I don't see where else I could ask it.

d1 is 6f start up.
d12 is 14f start up.

I've never understood this. Isn't d12's start up 6f because d1 is 6f? Why does it say 14f for d12?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I have a question about Injustice frame data for combo attacks. I'm sorry, I know it shouldn't be in this section, but I don't see where else I could ask it.

d1 is 6f start up.
d12 is 14f start up.

I've never understood this. Isn't d12's start up 6f because d1 is 6f? Why does it say 14f for d12?
It's referencing the last button in the sequence. The d1 is 6 and the d2 of the d12 sequence is the 14. You look at d1 to see the startup and the data for d12 to see the on block and on hit properties.