What's new

"Will you not listen to reason?!" Martian Manhunter discussion thread!

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
any mmh players going to be playing on steam? im trying to get back into this game and i want to get some MU experience

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I have great Martian Manhunters to play against regularly with Espio and Infra Dead. HOWEVER...I am always looking for more.

Whoever considers themselves to be the TOP MMH on PSN needs to add NRF_Rude. I will play long sets. I will take criticism. My goal is to adapt and learn the match-up.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
supp guys im going to be maining MMH now and i want to know his dirt also the bnb iv been using is 22b3 f2d3 db1 MB b3 j3 tele 2 bf3 is this his best combo to use?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Lately i've been thinking that MMH is a bit overrated. What does the forum think? I'm not saying he is bad by any means, but I think he might possibly be overrated.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
"MMH needs Reo back" -Kryptonite podcast
Reo played MMH right from his release and no one knew the MU, which obviously helped with his success. No doubt Reo had the best MMH and no doubt he would be better now than he was then, but so would everyone else in fighting against MMH and I wonder how he would fair no when people had a fuller understanding of the character.

Espio

Kokomo
Lately i've been thinking that MMH is a bit overrated. What does the forum think? I'm not saying he is bad by any means, but I think he might possibly be overrated.

I don't really post opinions on him anymore because even thinking he might lose to two or three characters is considered downplaying or the player just sucking (it's okay for Zod, Batman, Aquaman, etc to have potential losing match ups, but not him I've found when discussing this character with some people).

J'onn has excellent footsies (with trait), decent zoning and top notch counterzoning, he's very good and well rounded. I do not believe he is as dominant as he is made out to be overall by a lot of people though, but I'm not that great so maybe I'm just wrong.

Regardless, I think he is capable of handling every single character in Injustice with the right amount of match up knowledge, reads and solid play.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I don't really post opinions on him anymore because even thinking he might lose to two or three characters is considered downplaying or the player just sucking (it's okay for Zod, Batman, Aquaman, etc to have potential losing match ups, but not him I've found when discussing this character with some people).

J'onn has excellent footsies (with trait), decent zoning and top notch counterzoning, he's very good and well rounded. I do not believe he is as dominant as he is made out to be overall by a lot of people though, but I'm not that great so maybe I'm just wrong.

Regardless, I think he is capable of handling every single character in Injustice with the right amount of match up knowledge, reads and solid play.
This.

Also that atrocious MMH upplaying needs to stop.
Until proven otherwise MMH is a solid, well rounded character like atleast few others in IGAU.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I do understand the frustration with discussing anything on TYM in the current climate, but there are some people that aren't stupid and will listen.

I feel his zoning is decent like you said, but is in no way something to rely a whole match on. I have found that people don't understand that regular orb is not as scary as they think, that the meteors are slow and have several dead zones and that alien pillar isn't easy mode like Aquaman's FTD or Frost's ice spike. I find it's more about space control and reads/reaction than straight forward zoning. His footsies are good, but people have yet to take advantage of the massive frame gap in 22b3, which is easily his best string when trait is up. On the other hand i'm wondering whether block confirming into 222 is easy/possible.

His overhead/low game can be reacted to and is only really worth anything with meter and is also completely punishable on block, yet people don't do it.

He is very good, but I don't think he really dominates any, although my MU knowledge with him isn't extensive. What do you think?

Crathen

Death is my business
i think this character needs more work than the usual average player , his true potential grows esponentially with a good meter management , trait in footsies into MB Orb into face mix ups with can also be safe for a little less damage , throw and teleports on reaction / reads , safe push and great B3 , air dash to setup bullshit it's stressing , he can be bullizzed by good offensive 50/50 characters but he can handle , at WORST his bad mu is 4-6 and he's BS in certain MUs.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
I do understand the frustration with discussing anything on TYM in the current climate, but there are some people that aren't stupid and will listen.

I feel his zoning is decent like you said, but is in no way something to rely a whole match on. I have found that people don't understand that regular orb is not as scary as they think, that the meteors are slow and have several dead zones and that alien pillar isn't easy mode like Aquaman's FTD or Frost's ice spike. I find it's more about space control and reads/reaction than straight forward zoning. His footsies are good, but people have yet to take advantage of the massive frame gap in 22b3, which is easily his best string when trait is up. On the other hand i'm wondering whether block confirming into 222 is easy/possible.

His overhead/low game can be reacted to and is only really worth anything with meter and is also completely punishable on block, yet people don't do it.
I think people are upplaying him appropriately, but a lot of people are upplaying him for the wrong reasons. Everyone goes on and on about his teleports, but that stuff is the scrub tastic stuff. The same kind of thing that makes online players think Doomsday's Supernova is a good move. In reality, he's top tier because his high low game is extremely powerful, he's + a billion on MB orbs, he's good at all ranges, and all the other reasons everyone mentions.

His zoning is lack luster, yes, but it builds a shitton of meter regardless of whiff or hit and some of his moves, like Pillar, are strong enough to compete with the big zoners.

In response to the high low being reacted to. I'm not sure about that. b2 maybe, but IAj1? It doesn't matter if his high/low game is lacking /unsafe/reactable since he has numerous moves or alternatives. IAj1 not doing it for you? B2. B2 not working? 222. No 222? Then they're probably only blocking high and you should be landing db1s like crazy. And that's really why he's top tier, because at almost all times, he can act/cover his openings

Immortal

Blind justice....
I think people are upplaying him appropriately, but a lot of people are upplaying him for the wrong reasons. Everyone goes on and on about his teleports, but that stuff is the scrub tastic stuff. The same kind of thing that makes online players think Doomsday's Supernova is a good move. In reality, he's top tier because his high low game is extremely powerful, he's + a billion on MB orbs, he's good at all ranges, and all the other reasons everyone mentions.

His zoning is lack luster, yes, but it builds a shitton of meter regardless of whiff or hit and some of his moves, like Pillar, are strong enough to compete with the big zoners.

In response to the high low being reacted to. I'm not sure about that. b2 maybe, but IAj1? It doesn't matter if his high/low game is lacking /unsafe/reactable since he has numerous moves or alternatives. IAj1 not doing it for you? B2. B2 not working? 222. No 222? Then they're probably only blocking high and you should be landing db1s like crazy. And that's really why he's top tier, because at almost all times, he can act/cover his openings
This all is true but that makes him top tier not broken like many on TYM think.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

This all is true but that makes him top tier not broken like many on TYM think.
And the moral of the story is: Do not talk to these people. Either they don't know what they are talking about, are complaining for the sake of complaining, just got their asses handed to them by a good MMH, or are legitimate people to talk to, but in this instance, they are playing theory fighter which is always a danger zone on FGC forums

Crathen

Death is my business
He's not a simple character , you need to be very good with him and that isn't as immediate as a character like Green Lantern or Aquaman , even at the best level he has very competitives 5-5 Mu's and at Worst 2-3 bad ones worst 4.6 borderline 5-5 , but he takes long to master and good spacing and knowledge of setups and stages.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I agree with almost everything apart from the power of his high/low game. b2 is definitely see-able, people I play with regularly are blocking it on reaction most of the time now. His high/low game has the option of being unsafe for big damage or being safe for relatively small damage, and all at the cost of meter (which is fair enough) but compare that to a character like WoWo who I think is a better character, her low/overhead game is scarier for no meter. There are numerous other characters who have better high/low games.

Of course he is definitely top tier, but I've heard people throwing around that he is the best in the game or some rubbish like that. Like Espio said on someone's status, people have grown very lazy in Injustice and have chosen not to try to figure out how to fight a character.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

I agree with almost everything apart from the power of his high/low game. b2 is definitely see-able, people I play with regularly are blocking it on reaction most of the time now. His high/low game has the option of being unsafe for big damage or being safe for relatively small damage, and all at the cost of meter (which is fair enough) but compare that to a character like WoWo who I think is a better character, her low/overhead game is scarier for no meter. There are numerous other characters who have better high/low games.

Of course he is definitely top tier, but I've heard people throwing around that he is the best in the game or some rubbish like that. Like Espio said on someone's status, people have grown very lazy in Injustice and have chosen not to try to figure out how to fight a character.
I respectfully disagree. Yes, WW has a better high low game. So does Batgirl and KF. I am not arguing that he has the BEST high/low game, but it is a good one. Especially compared to the rest of the cast. Aquaman's b2 is slow and reactable, Catwoman and Flash has to be breathing on you to land a low into combo, Zatanna's moves are slow as all heck, Lobo has to take supreme risks for mid level reward, Bane doesn't really combo well, etc. No high/low game compares to KF and BG, as they are really the only ones who have almost completely circumvented their high/low flaws. What sets him apart from other high/lowers is that nearly all of his high/lows leave him in favorable positions, either ending in hard knockdown or in a spot to potentially crossup teleport or in a combo that ends in Phase charge. Meter may be needed to get full combos, but it's not like we don't CONSTANTLY have meter.

I play WW. I don't think she has as good of a high/low game as you say. Her b2 can be just as obvious as MMH's b2. Hell, it glows for goodness sake. And MMH's Lows hit farther away than hers, meaning there is less of the 'Can't hit me with an overhead/low here' range in neutral.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Sorry but MMH is top 3

If you guys feel he's not dig up roe and play in a long set

There's a reason why revolver bopped blak felow 10-1 and loses to Reo

MMH Is a lot like ZOD, hard to master but the last time I played Reo his MMH felt light years beyond any . It was so god damn ridiculous . Wish I recorded it

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Sorry but MMH is top 3

MMH Is a lot like ZOD, hard to master but the last time I played Reo his MMH felt light years beyond any . It was so god damn ridiculous . Wish I recorded it

I think MMH is pretty easy to learn.. Any character kan be hard to master if you look at all the match ups you have to learn...

PS: I was wondering what you meant by "dig up roe" at first.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
AK Pig Of The Hut How can anyone say where MMH places when people are using how good Reo's MMH was a couple of months ago as the main talking point? A time when people DEFINITELY hadn't worked on the MU properly and I'm still certain people haven't.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Sorry but MMH is top 3

arit bro.. guarantee if i played that mu more ill start going even or even win. guess who also bopped me 10-1 the first time i played the flash mu.. doesnt happen even remotely close anymore.. would appreciate if you stop announcing to the world when i get bopped cus you dont see me announce when i beat other top players in sets to the world. and yes hes top three prolly number one

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
also its very simple as to why he is considered so damn good:
1. in trait, strings like 22 3 and j2 dominate all other footsies tools
2. oh teleport. downplay it all you want that move is ridiculuous
3. post combo mixup game because of phase charge ender